The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

1. Allow for midi machines to be saved so you don’t have to reformat them per machine, per pattern, per project, etc. For example, you can have the the settings for a specific piece of hardware saved and pull up that midi machine setting from a pool.
  1. Allow for CC assignments to be saved as setting that you can recall. For example, a global settings template for track volume, would be nice.

Yes we could really use some definition files and cc names for them to make this more easy and fun. It’s a drag to cross reference CCs every time.

1. Boost gain for tracks coming through Overbridge. I can’t fathom why they are so low.

Yes this is something that has bothered me since the beginning. I don’t want to have to use the gain on the DAW. Don’t have to for Rytm, it comes out sounding loud and proud. I know some people have said “everything in your daw should actually be really quiet and you can use DAW gain liberally with no ill effect” but i don’t share that belief or method. I want it coming in hot out of the box.

Maybe I’m missing something but is there a way to preview the presets via my Keystep without having to load it into the track first?

I find it a bit inconvenient from a workflow perspective having to use the Syntakt’s keys to do this… I know it’s a small gripe but it certainly would be handy.

Model Cycles allows you to from memory as does Digitone Keys… Surely Syntakt can do this already or it would certainly seem easy for the dev team to implement?

Yes there is:
You can also use KEYBOARD mode, or an external MIDI controller, sending MIDI on the Syntakt’s Auto channel to preview the sound.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve just found that midi channel 14 on my Keystep will do it. It would still be better if it responded to whatever midi channel you were currently on.

Probably already here but it does not hurt to say again.

1 velocity available on lfo page.

2 trig page note available on lfo page.

3 trig page note option to lock to scale, if one selected

4 one more lfo for midi tracks at least.

And that’s it, just utilities nothing fancy.

2 Likes

Velocity/Aftertouch/Mod wheel destinations for the LFO is a brilliant idea, then you could use their generous mod destinations - meaning you would finally be able to modulate more than one parameter with the LFOs.

4 Likes

I have been kinda wanting microtiming as an LFO destination. Or maybe an envelope delay control that could be lfo’d. Could be fun.

4 Likes

You could do this from the audio routing menu by turning off all tracks except the ones you want to retain panning. The result would have the panned tracks being output on the mix channel.

1 Like

No, it would be messy.
(Hard to write, France just lost against Argentine with Messi !)

1 Like

Yes, but that only works if I’m doing several takes. I’m recording a live jam and want to capture all 12 tracks in one take.

Has anyone mentioned a simple tuner like the one implemented in the mpc firmware!
Would be very handy for pairing with my modular :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m describing. 1 or 2 panned tracks summed into the mix channel with the rest of your tracks individually as mono. All in one take with overbridge. I might be misunderstanding you but I do this all the time using the audio routing/ to main page and OB.

1 Like

Nice! Will you still be able to monitor the full song when doing this? I tend to use the main channel for monitoring because, for some reason, monitoring all individual tracks mess up the levels quite a bit and throws me off when recording.

This sounds awesome and doable.

For sure. One drawback is effects will go through the mix too but I tend to use the effects in my daw. May not be a perfect solution. I suppose you could use the fx block in the same way because it’s stereo.

I want to be able to edit a pattern and be able to disable a note and re-enable it and still have the same note value.

Also, would be nice if we had a sub forum for feature requests that could have separate threads for each feature to avoid mega threads. :wink:

1 Like

Hmm ok, that’s not ideal for my use case. I tend to record jams live and the effects on the Syntakt are actually being used in my case. I guess the analog track could do this if it didn’t serve any other purpose of a song.

1 Like

FILL trig condition ?

Good luck to create sub categories !

Three quite simple ones to make the Syntakt more musical.

1. Snap to keyboard scale on PLock trigs.
  2. Snap to +3 +5 +7 on SYN tune rather than just +12
  3. To be able to transpose sequences up and down semitones rather than just octaves. (at least I don’t think this is possible?)
5 Likes

If you have a pattern with various note values and turn off one of them then turn it back on it’ll set the note value to the tracks set trig value and not what it previously was.