The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

my vote to turning off led for unused pages and muted tracks.

17 Likes

++. And master comp with sc. Will make the analog heat lite a total unit.

2 Likes

Side Chain I guess ?
Should be possible à la Digitakt.

I’d love the possibility to send tracks both to MAIN and FX TRACK but I’m not sure if it’s possible standalone…

1 Like

Agree.
It didn’t bother me on Digitakt but on Syntakt leds look quite soggy and at low intensity setting I hardly can tell the difference between on and off (page leds for example 1:2 2:4 etc). Or muted channels even worse

After years of my Digitakt being alone, Syntakt just arrived, and with that, 12 more tracks to that I need to re-arrange in my head. Having a really hard time to know if track 9 is a kick, a hat, or a the bass.

I would like to have the option to color code my tracks, kicks brown, hats yellow, fx white and so on… I’m not even sure the hardware would support this, but anyways, here’s me hoping for they take this up on the 2.0 versions.

In other topics, what are your tricks for track sound arrangement now that you have 12 more tracks?

1 Like

For a “permanent” setup I’d use adhesive. For color changes I’d prefer different colors for muted tracks, pattern vs track selection vs keyboard modes (these are all white).

There is a feature request thread.

1 Like

FX track Amp envelope used for ducking is already better than classic SC imo

1 Like

Why better? They both produce different result. I like sequencing the FX block track it makes sidechain kinda. It’s different sound from a comp though.

1 Like

Right now I think the only way to know is going to that track and then hitting “syn” page and it’ll show on screen which machine it’s using. Not idea for live of course, that’s when the brain comes in to remember things lol.

I’m not trying to be funny but for ease of use, couldn’t you just use the same set up every time? For example, the kick is always track 9, the snare is always track 2, the bass is always track 4, etc.

1 Like

you may want an analog kick, and in the next project you need all 3 analog voices for dual VCO and a digital kick on track 1. Wouldn’t put this as a needed feature (I wouldn’t need to color code) but you can see where he’s coming from

A feature that would considerably speed up my workflow is the ability to set “Machine Locks” in addition to Sound Locks, allowing the sound to shaped on the fly per-step, instead of adding stuff to the pool first (and yes, a filter for “loadable sounds” in the sound browser as previously asked)

2 Likes

I thought about this today. Btw you can use a Soundlock with the machine you want, and plock all it’s parameters, or use live recording to modify specific parameters on the whole track, for all trigs, Soundlocks.

I wonder if by disabling the analog engine (if possible) the heat would go down (say you want to use only midi or digital). I know it’s quite the awkward idea -_- so “analog disable option” I guess?

You can disable analog tracks.
I suppose choosing MIDI have same results…

yes I tried but the temperature doesn’t go down.
I read somewhere that those temperature rise/fall can shorten its lifespan + it’s uncomfortable.
nothing I can’t live without tho

On keyboard mode, I really miss something like [func] + L and R Arrow to shift the keyboard. It
should be work on chromatic and fold and implemented on Digitakt too

I reinforce the following requests also:
Lock Global mixer settings, like Digitakt
Enable Grid Record Mode when press [REC] on Mute Mode (or at least mark it red as Digitakt).
Chorus and other FX
Portamento
Arpeggiator
Quantized modifiers (as optional feature).
More Digital Drums, a Digital Noise Generator and Analog Synths.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that, I noticed it takes quite a while to reach peak temperature, it’s not really sudden (which would be way worse).
Plus, the case itself gets hot as it acts like a heatsink, so that’s a positive thing, internally everything should be fine and dandy

I agree it’s uncomfortable though!

1 Like

I would be great having Base and Width parameters (Filter 2/2) on Analog tracks too. It can be Digital if those tracks have hardware limitations.

Speaking on it… It don’t makes sense to me that EQ parameters are on page Filter 1/2 and not on page Filter 2/2. I really appreciate mix my tracks and this way we lost the filter / env to insert just one EQ parameter to shape our sounds.

Page Filter 1/2 must be only for filter/env and Page Filter 2/2 must be an EQ chain where we could Base + Width and insert some EQs also. Imagine it as a real equalizer… Low Cut, High Cut and some EQs to boost or decrease some frequencies. Makes more sense on mixing workflow and seems doable since it’s digital. Filter 1/2 stays as a regular synthesizer filter.

This sould be implemented on Digitakt too.

I know it’s not a perfect solution, but I propped my ST up with a cheap laptop/tablet stand (because I was spending hours every day hunched over it laying flat on my desk lol) and the operating temperature dropped a fair amount.

I’m guessing the holes for the VESA mount are basically acting like additional venting instead of solely relying on the chassis as a heatsink. Before, when it was laying flat those holes were more obstructed, which is the only thing that could make a difference as far as I could tell.

When I had it flat I measured it and it was running at about 109-111°F. Propped up it’s closer to 97-98° and noticeably cooler to the touch.

1 Like