The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

High end are OT AR A4 and they have kits structure. On Digis there is a per pattern Kit Data save / reload procedure, but apparently you can’t recall it from another pattern (workaround below).

1 Like

You can save and recall KIT DATA, but kits are not listed.

A workaround to copy a kit to another pattern is to copy/paste a pattern, and use its kit. It can be done on an existing saved pattern : paste the pattern with super kit on it, then reload SEQUENCE DATA.

1 Like
  1. Problems will MUTE state display. What’s the point having RGB leds and not changing colors ? Dimming is not a good choice with LOW LED INTENSITY setting.
  • Change a muted track to RED, not dimmed green !
  • Don’t dim all tracks leds when holding FUNC for quick mute : harder to make the difference between muted states :

Can anyone tell which are the 4 muted tracks ?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. Change Track or Pattern selection color.
    Same color + close buttons = confusion !

Pattern select

Track select (dimmed)

12 Likes

Yes! I almost never know which track is muted. (It’s weird that the underlines of the numbers aren’t seperate LEDs, it could’ve helped for a hundred times better workflow and lots and lots of possibilites of having only the underscore lit, the number or both …)

4 Likes

Yeah they need to do like what it does on digitakt. When muting the entire light goes off and it’s much easier to see what is muted.

3 Likes

1-3-5-7

Before you want to shoot me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I agree that muted tracks should have a different color or no color at all.

3 Likes

Or Digitone, red if muted. But I didn’t like DN mute display.

Dimmed is the definitely the worse choice.

Bravo ! You won a free sysex of the project with that muted state !

5 Likes

The Digitakt’s mute mode is perfect, IMO. On every Elektron device I’ve used so far, I always compare their mute modes to the Gold Standard that is the Digitakt’s. So far, the Syntakt is identical, except that muted tracks are dimmed instead of completely unlit.

5 Likes

On DT, when you press FUNC for quick mutes, are all tracks led dimmed compared to MUTE mode like on ST ? Seems totally unnecessary, even illogical.

Thanks very much for the tip.
Was thinking along the same lines, but had not thought of reloading the SEQUENCE, after copy/pasting the pattern containing the desired kit.

Would be sweet if you could load KITs/SEQUENCE data, directly into other patterns.

Still, I wish Syntakt had the same kit/sound setup, as my less expensive Model:Samples, with user created folders, etc. and/or a proper KIT directory.

1 Like

Thanks for the complain. :content:
I thought about it just after your post !

Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been posted already (thread is huge).

But what I would love to have is this feature from the op-z:

Demo Video of the Feauture

I’d even welcome if it’s just a clone. This allows people with no deep musical theory knowledge to perform crazy melodies. It’s so much fun to experiment with.

I managed to use the op-z to sequence the Syntakt so i can use this when making music with the Syntakt, but it’s a bit cumbersome to use.

Having this on board would boost the performance capability a lot. I think this is really a great area of innovation!

2 Likes

Using the syntakt scale modes which allows you to play within any scale you choose without outside notes that don’t belong and using chord machines, you could do something like this?

Not sure if I got you correct, but the scale mode allows you to set custom pattern step sequencer lengths right?

Maybe I didn’t explain it good.
I copied the description of the op z feature from its manual (point 14.3 and 14.4) hope it makes it more clear:

OP-Z automatically analyses the notes used in the bass, lead, arp and chord tracks and detects the mode and key of the active pattern.

the bass track is the main source for this analysis.

using the piano keys it is then possible to transpose the pattern and change its key and mode.

Scale / keyboard mode allows you to play in any scale that syntakt has. Wanna play in “A” minor phrygian scale, you can! Wanna play in D# Dorian scale? You can! It turns the sequencer triggers into whatever scale you choose that syntakt allows in the keyboard scales. And then use the chord machine per track and come up with a chord inside that scale or live record chords with live recording into sequencer or choose a few different chords with plocking and LFO magic etc…

Sorry, probably not the “same” thing as the op-z feature, but I think it gets in that ballpark maybe?

1 Like

Ahh thanks, now I get what you mean.

As you already mentioned it is not exactly the same. The cool thing about the op z feature is that you can program a sequence on a per step basis, and then play on the master track with the keys and all notes in the pattern get transposed in real time while you play.

As mentioned when I sequence the Syntakt using the op z I can use that feature, but it’s a bit cumbersome to set it up every time etc.

But I will test your approach too to see what I can get out if it thx!

4 Likes

Yes… The soft colors need to be something more different for the eyes (I would say blue/red mutes). I’m colorblind and that’s my biggest struggle with my Elektron Machine.

2 Likes

This is what the Digitakt looks like when pressing FUNC:

And when in mute mode:

The muted tracks are unlit, and in quick mute the unmuted tracks are half lit, and in mute mode they’re full lit. They also blink when playing trigs. Muted tracks blink either dimmed green or purple, depending on whether they’re muted in global or local mode. Really elegant, IME!

5 Likes

Thanks for confirmation.

I can’t see a good reason for that. As muted tracks are blinking (which I dislike) and dimmed, there is less contrast if unmuted tracks are also dimmed.

• Turn off unused pages leds ! Not dimmed !

One bar pattern. :angry:

• Change the color of active page and/or played page (if possible)

12 Likes