The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

I wonder if by disabling the analog engine (if possible) the heat would go down (say you want to use only midi or digital). I know it’s quite the awkward idea -_- so “analog disable option” I guess?

You can disable analog tracks.
I suppose choosing MIDI have same results…

yes I tried but the temperature doesn’t go down.
I read somewhere that those temperature rise/fall can shorten its lifespan + it’s uncomfortable.
nothing I can’t live without tho

On keyboard mode, I really miss something like [func] + L and R Arrow to shift the keyboard. It
should be work on chromatic and fold and implemented on Digitakt too

I reinforce the following requests also:
Lock Global mixer settings, like Digitakt
Enable Grid Record Mode when press [REC] on Mute Mode (or at least mark it red as Digitakt).
Chorus and other FX
Portamento
Arpeggiator
Quantized modifiers (as optional feature).
More Digital Drums, a Digital Noise Generator and Analog Synths.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that, I noticed it takes quite a while to reach peak temperature, it’s not really sudden (which would be way worse).
Plus, the case itself gets hot as it acts like a heatsink, so that’s a positive thing, internally everything should be fine and dandy

I agree it’s uncomfortable though!

1 Like

I would be great having Base and Width parameters (Filter 2/2) on Analog tracks too. It can be Digital if those tracks have hardware limitations.

Speaking on it… It don’t makes sense to me that EQ parameters are on page Filter 1/2 and not on page Filter 2/2. I really appreciate mix my tracks and this way we lost the filter / env to insert just one EQ parameter to shape our sounds.

Page Filter 1/2 must be only for filter/env and Page Filter 2/2 must be an EQ chain where we could Base + Width and insert some EQs also. Imagine it as a real equalizer… Low Cut, High Cut and some EQs to boost or decrease some frequencies. Makes more sense on mixing workflow and seems doable since it’s digital. Filter 1/2 stays as a regular synthesizer filter.

This sould be implemented on Digitakt too.

I know it’s not a perfect solution, but I propped my ST up with a cheap laptop/tablet stand (because I was spending hours every day hunched over it laying flat on my desk lol) and the operating temperature dropped a fair amount.

I’m guessing the holes for the VESA mount are basically acting like additional venting instead of solely relying on the chassis as a heatsink. Before, when it was laying flat those holes were more obstructed, which is the only thing that could make a difference as far as I could tell.

When I had it flat I measured it and it was running at about 109-111°F. Propped up it’s closer to 97-98° and noticeably cooler to the touch.

1 Like

Geez 109 to 111?? Mine sits on a table sandwiched between digitone and digitakt and I can touch it fine without it feeling like it’s really hot. It’s “warm” but I don’t think 109-111 type warm! Unless people are talking about the bottom of it, which I haven’t felt yet.

I often wonder if temp in peoples rooms are also having a play at it. The environment?

I keep my place 70 degrees all the time and 40 to 50 humidity all the time.

I don’t think it’s quite as extreme as it sounds. Remember the typical human body temp is about 98° so it’s only slightly warmer than yourself at any given moment.

For additional context, I did get this reading by just sticking a meat thermometer under the box while I left it on for a few hours to calibrate the oscillators. So it was touching the bottom, and also fwiw the temp didn’t change regardless of if it was idling or if I was actively using it, so I dont think disabling the analog circuits would actually do anything.

Environment-wise: I’ve got central air, we keep the thermostat around 71-73° and there is a vent right underneath my desk where I use my gear so it’s probably the coolest spot in the room.

Honestly I’m not too concerned though. I assume they tested these things for heat tolerances when they decided to cram four analog circuits into this compact box.

1 Like

Okay, I’ve read through this whole thing and I’m not sure if I missed somebody else ask for it, but I don’t recall seeing it:

Wet/dry blend for the reverb.

I enjoy a fully saturated reverb with no dry signal in the mix for ambient stuff. If anyone knows a workaround I’d love to hear it.

You can have 100% wet fx, disabling tracks in ROUTING > TO MAIN in AUDIO ROUTING menu.

A pre/post fader fx send setting would be much better !

5 Likes

Ah! There it is. Thank you. Thought it was weird that there didn’t seem to be an option for this.

There actually is some kind of pre/post fx send setting under the second page of the amp menu, but I forgot about it until you mentioned it.

I’ll have to play around with these to figure them out, but I’d still prefer a simple wet/dry blend knob.

A dry wet blend would only work if you had independent effects per track. Since they are sends, (lots of inputs mixed into one effect) a dry wet knob would effect the dry wet of all the signals at once.

1 Like

There is ROUT, routing the track to AFX (PRE) or MAIN (POST). It doesn’t concern pre/post fader settings for delay/reverb send.

Btw it doesn’t seem possible to mix MAIN and AFX if it’s a switch.
Can someone confirm it is not possible to have dry signal (MAIN) and AFX ?
Possible with Overbridge ?

1 Like

Output sequences MIDI trigs on all tracks!
With “Trig Key Dst to INT+EXT” setting I can get live trigs to output midi from all tracks. I wold love to have a “Seq Key Dst to INT+EXT” to have also all sequenced trigs output to MIDI channels.

(My use case is having the Syntakt control Visual software that listens to midi trigs)

3 Likes

Dry/Wet for filters would be nice. It can sound great to mix in some unfiltered signal.

1 Like

I would love to have much faster retrigger times, like on the old Elektron boxes. The current Elektron boxes (other than Octatrack can’t really get those tonal glitches that you can get with the really fast retriggers that were available on the early Elektron boxes. The fastest Syntakt can get is 1/80.

I would also love to have some basic sampling. I have read that people think it could happen in the future, since there is a +drive. Even if it was super low sampling capacity, like on the Machinedrum, that would still be great. I suspect that they might be keeping that feature out to not have it overlap too much with the Rthm, but it would be awesome if they added it.

And, of course, like everyone else, I think song mode would be great, but it seems pretty obvious that they want you to get one of the large boxes to drive the smaller ones for song mode.

6 Likes

Yes, at least I’d much prefer 1/96 as max cos I don’t like 1/80, but as it is already implemented like this on AR, DT, since a few years, I doubt they’ll change that.
Of course there are possibilities with tempo x2, Scale X2 and pattern chains, can be tedious, but I’d rather use
Exp lfos on Pitch/Amp/Filter can bring very fast retrigs like fx.

Maybe it would also require a specific RAM ?

Two things.
A chorus send effect.
Letting us combine multiple tracks for polyphony. I’d be fine with even just 4 voice polyphony.
But adding such a feature would probably be like admitting that the chord machine sucks, so it’s unlikely to happen…

Feature Request:
It would be great to change the Keyboard Scale (KB Scale) on a per pattern basis (instead of only per track).
This would be great to have on the digitone keys as well.

It’s frustrating to have to change this for all of the 12 tracks individually (Especially when sequencing external midi)