The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

People have requested polyphony a lot here, and it’s an obvious request that would open up the device so much.

However, to the product team (hopefully) reading this thread, I’ll just try to make it easy for you as a stepping stone towards polyphony: allow the ability to “link” :link: tracks together so that when you modify a parameter (let’s say the filter cutoff) on either of the linked tracks, it will affect all the linked tracks in the same relative amount. Sort of like a more narrow ctrl+all - i.e. a ctrl+some. :blush:

That way I can at least program my chords or polyphonic melody lines across two or three tracks like I do today, and still do things like filter sweeps etc without having to resort to external midi controls or the more dramatic ctrl+all sweep.

17 Likes

Samplerate reduction and bit reduction on the digital tracks at least would be great.

3 Likes

I would love to have ctrl+some and thought about this a few years ago when I got the Digitakt. In a similar fashion, being able to link tracks on the DT for stereo samples but have a primary track for controlling both. Much like your idea.

It would definitely open stuff up. They implemented the link function (more like stack) on the Digitone but I think it’s for triggers only.

1 Like

Being able to specify a neighbour track for the NEI trig condition.

2 Likes

Please expand parameter lock memory.
I see message “Lock Memory Full!” too often.
:cry:

Not sure if it will happen. At first, you have to know what are the limits, how do you reach them.
I am not sure about it yet. I found 79 max (72 in the manual).
Parameter lock memory full?

A suite of P-I inspired counterparts to the current M:C derived machines. Then clean up the naming conventions please. :angel:

2 Likes

this, it bugs me that with A4, DT and ST I still don’t have anything to synthesise hihats I DO LIKE.

1 Like

Per pattern, but not per track (I put 30 or so on FX track once). The manual’s explanation for @agentapple

“Up to 72 different parameters can be locked in a pattern. A parameter counts as one (1) locked parameter no matter how many trigs that lock it. If for example the cutoff parame- ter of the filter is locked on every sequencer step, there are still 71 other parameters that can be locked.”

I just locked up a pattern to confirm my memory on this, it does offer 72 automation lanes per pattern, and it’s the most recently added ones beyond 72nd that behave inconsistently or get erased when the pattern is saved.

Most of the trig page parameters (note, Vel, Len, LFO T , but not the new P Time/Port) won’t add the Lock Mem Full warning , and I don’t believe count against the lock memory, as base parameters for the sequencer.

Sound locks from the sound pool don’t count against you either (unless you add parameter locks to those), nor do velocity mod or other sound macros/settings (4 parameters x 5 macros per sound), and I find those good ways to program in dynamic variation.

3 Likes

Thank you, I read this thread. May be my case is a bug, because full memory message appear only in one project.

1 Like

Thank you for explanation.

Got Syntakt today 1st thoughts.

Would be nice on retrig modulator for it to play last note triggered and not default note. Unless I’m missing something ?

No compressor … ah well I’ll run it through digitakt .

2 Likes

It’s supposed to retrig the same note that has the retrig set on it.

I understood Retrig Modifiers.

Oh misread that. The 13-16 buttons. Yeah that retrigs whatever is set on the main Trig screen doesn’t it?

1 Like

Note parameter, yes.

And with the control all feature, that would be a nice global repeat trick!

This, I think, is quite simple, but would be useful:

Move the option to route USB audio pre- / post-FX from the audio routing menu, to the FX routing screen (as trig 13, for example).

I use this a lot, and it’s a bit tedious to have to go to the menu to switch this.

I hope the release of Rolands sh4d will motivate elektron to add more synth machines

4 Likes

I just think it might be more melodic / useful to trigger last note and not default note.
I hope to learn more tonight … like the fx track etc.

2 Likes