The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Independently enable/disable midi clock in/out over USB or MIDI ports.
Example: I want MIDI clock in from my iPad, but not from my external synth.
Problem:
The two external clocks are interfering with one another. The clock on my external instrument (Yamaha Reface CS) [unfortunately] can not be disabled on the instrument.

Multichannel (all channels) USB audio (USB class compliant) for use with iPad and AUM or overbridge port on iOS

4 Likes

What if you placed the Reface after the Syntakt in the chain? Or are you playing the Syntakt with the Reface?

Yes, I use the CS keyboard to play the Syntakt as well as the iPad over MIDI thru.
The CS has a built in MIDI ā€œlooperā€ with associated tempo clock that always transmits on MIDI out. Can not be turned off unfortunately. Also most iPad apps can not sync to external clock. Those that do are very sloppy for some reason. Tried over Bluetooth and that was unusable.
The Syntakt master clock source choice is limited to ā€œINTERNALā€ or ā€œEXTERNALā€.
If the choice list was extended to ā€œINTERNALā€, ā€œEXTERNAL MIDIā€, or ā€œEXTERNAL USBā€ that would be a useful feature.

Ah okay - strange that a device canā€™t turn off clock transmit.

Individual audio outputs. It would be awesome if they could fix that in an upgrade.

I want Noise Engineeringā€™s Manis, Loquelic and Basimilus in the Syntakt.

2 Likes

But Overbridge provides individual outputs.

I was joking, but I will say that overbridge never prevented elektron from putting individual outs on the rytm and a4.

You mean physical individual outs?

I think they leave those to their top tier devices.

Per track Delay effects on the second AMP page. Delay is part of sound design. The fact that you canā€™t save delay settings with each ā€œsoundā€/patch is really annoying and makes ā€œsoundsā€ so much less definitive, especially in absence of Kits.

2 Likes

But but butā€¦ Syntakt only has one master delay with one page of settings. Are you suggesting to add 12 more delays? :zonked:

I think they should at least add a delay per every digital track, for at least 8 more. That seems more doable, since iā€™m not sure it is possible in the analog signal path.

More FX in the FX Block would also be great. But Delay-as-sound design is important, and without kits or per track delays, itā€™s impossible on the Syntakt.

Just curious, do you use 8+ individual delays a lot? Got any recordings of that? Sounds cool.

Low resolution sine wave. Think Puredata or Supercollider, both can run on a potato.

I have no idea what Iā€™m saying, but perhaps then the computing power can be used elsewhere (like additional effects)

I know thereā€™s the sy bit, but itā€™s not the same. Iā€™d like to start out with a generic wave form and have more to do with it.

Low quality machines with more low quality effects in Elektron fashion.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually curious what sybits lacks from that point of view? It has all the basic wave shapes, bit depth reduction and sample rate reduction for those old school aliasy waves, it seems pretty well rounded as far as lo-fi oscillators go.

1 Like

Not simultaneously, and iā€™d be open to neighbors too. But the ability to save delay settings with a patch is relatively useful

[quote=ā€œJamslerr, post:1338, topic:171209ā€]
Iā€™d like to start out with a generic wave form and have more to do with it.
[/quote]l

This^

Purely personal opinion, and some people donā€™t like other perspectivesā€¦ I love what the Sybits does, but itā€™s 127 waveforms, BR, and srr, could be focused on other things in a different machine type.

So like an effect machine type that operates on the previous track like on OT? Except the machine itself is the effect parameters? That would be amazing.

Everyone has their own sexuality.

3 Likes