The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

And with the control all feature, that would be a nice global repeat trick!

This, I think, is quite simple, but would be useful:

Move the option to route USB audio pre- / post-FX from the audio routing menu, to the FX routing screen (as trig 13, for example).

I use this a lot, and itā€™s a bit tedious to have to go to the menu to switch this.

I hope the release of Rolands sh4d will motivate elektron to add more synth machines

4 Likes

I just think it might be more melodic / useful to trigger last note and not default note.
I hope to learn more tonight ā€¦ like the fx track etc.

2 Likes

I want Ghost Tracksā€¦ like in C-Lab Creator / Notator (a.k.a. Logic).

They borrow the trigs from their source track but can be modified in certain ways (+/- delay, transpose, etc.).

Simply having Ghost Tracks which you can set to a different machine (incl. MIDI machine) would be nice for many potential use cases. (I knowā€¦ ā€œMIDI loopback!ā€ but ghost tracks yā€™all ā€¦ ghost in the machine)

(edit: what if the ghost track also had its own trigs, so you could p-lock the value for ā€˜source trackā€™ :laughing: )

1 Like

Output Stage of the Machinedrum as a Simulation as a Master Effect. Because I think a big part of the Sound about what peaple are missing is just the lesser sound quality, this edge. Shure you canĀ“t fully replicate that but I think you could come close. Make it a Master Effekt and boom. The MD Legacy Potiā€¦love it

2 Likes

I hope it will motivate them to add polyphony in the form of voice sharing / stealing across tracks. But I feel like I may have requested that already. :blush:

5 Likes

I think that addition of button FILL in mute window of row in song mode is a useful feature.

Chorus and Compressor

SRR & BRR On all tracks 2nd filter page

Parameter Slides

Many additional digital drum voices

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned and maybe there is a way to do this/work around that I canā€™t think of/find but Iā€™d like to be able to switch the stereo input to a mono or dual mono input.

2 Likes

It is possible to choose Stereo or Dual Mono, but settings arenā€™t individual as on Digitakt and Digitone.

AUDIO ROUTING > EXTERNAL IN

3 Likes

Ace. Thank you!

2 Likes

My only big gripe with Syntakt is the very limited wavetable offered in chord mode. Adding a few other wavetables would be the very least. But I also donā€™t see why we should have to program chords by scrolling a menu, might as well let us use keyboard entry at this point.

I understand the compressor requests because of Digitakt but honestly I donā€™t miss it much. I actually put more effort in to making my sound tighter using EQs, Punch and Sidechain and when I use an external compressor it immediately sounds great!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I also donā€™t see why we should have to program chords by scrolling a menu, might as well let us use keyboard entry at this point

In a separate thread, I came up with a similar idea. I came to add it to this thread when I realized it should be an actual feature request, and saw your message beat mine by several hours.*

I realized after thinking about this a bit that there is a potential for confusion ā€“ if, for example, you hold down a C-maj chord on the keyboard (indicating you want a major chord rooted at C), but the step for which youā€™re locking this chord already has a different note locked, should the held chord root override/replace the note lock? I guess thatā€™s a problem for Elektron UX folks to solve.

* So you deserve any ep that gets awarded for this suggestion.

1 Like

I think if you spend some time contemplating exactly how to implement a mapping between an arbitrary set of note inputs and of the 35 (x12) chords available, and throw in inversions for good measure, youā€™ll quickly realize that there are much bigger problems in this than preexisting trigs. The bonus is, no matter how successful you are with the implementation, nobodyā€™s going to be happy with it anyways. I personally wouldnā€™t even touch it.

Having a way to link tracks polyphonically seems like a much cleaner approach if polyphonic playing is the goal.

4 Likes

SRR please!!!

2 Likes

Yeah I need this to be able to follow pattern changes via midi mode when itā€™s synched to the Digitakt. Learned today it wonā€™t change patterns like the Digitone will when the the Digitakt is the lead.

Parameter slides!!!

PLSSSSS!!

6 Likes

No, it can definitely follow Digitakt pattern changes; make sure receive pattern change is checked in the midi sync menu.

1 Like

New ST owner! Co-signing some of the above/frequent requests:

1. Arp
  2. Poly a la Digitone
  3. New hi hat machine
  4. New/additional waveforms for the chord machine

Edit: oh yeah, and a master compressor!

10 Likes