The Syntakt Feature Request Thread

Polychaining engines together within the Syntakt. It can already be done when controlling the Syntakt via ableton. This would take the Syntakt to a whole extremely cool level imho.

2 Likes

I would really appreciate an Arpeggiator and also the option to send it via midi.

Velocity sensitivity for the keys would also be very nice.

2 Likes

Would be awesome to have sound slot as a target for the LFO (and a lockable parameter I guess). Not sure if it’s feasible due to the combo of analogue and digital sounds in one list but it would be interesting.

1 Like

I know it’s been said many times before, but I really want better hats on the digital channels. The analog hat is pretty good, but it’s just one track. I struggle to make the digital hats sound good!

6 Likes

Song Mode Addition:

The ability to set a start point and an end point for the pattern. Currently only supporting length and every pattern starts on the one.

This could allow you to have multiple patterns within the one pattern.

1-16
1-32
1-48
1-64
33-48
33-64
49-64
… and everything in between including just a singular note / measure. This would supercharge song mode and remove the needless duplication and editing of extra patterns to achieve similar results.

4 Likes

Is there an accepted work-around for the preroll start-trigger issue? Really bugs me…

I just found this excerpt from the A4 manual but haven’t been able to test it yet

No need for testing. Elektron Devices are always sending out clock, regardless of the sequencer running or not. (Contrary to a MPC for example, which only sends clock when running). So, this receiving feature of the A4 does not work with other elektron devices…

2 Likes

Ooook so for a preroll we basically just have to let the pattern play through once before live recording?

I typically use the noise portion of the Bits machine for digital hats although you’re limited on how bright you can make it. Seems like there’s still a good amount of high freq roll off with the machine.

1 Like

Thanks- i’ll try this.

Yep. MD and OT have an offset parameter for start in their song mode.

1 Like

You can set up pre-roll in the Metronome.

But the preroll doesn’t apply to the midi transport messages. I have an DT (master) and AK. With a preroll of 1 bar on the DT, when I start the pattern the AK will start playing immediately.

… or use sy bits with detuned square waves and FM them with square waves …

10 Likes

Dose the syntakt have key tracking on filters?

Yeah, it does.

Thanks for the reply how do you activate key tracking on filters?

SOUND menu (func + …) SETUP > FILTER KEYTRACK

I would like FX TRACK filter keytrack, and being able to set notes, velocity, modulations…
All SETUP fonctions…

1 Like

Thanks so much

Is it possible on one track to have one sound loaded sat a kick but then parameter lick a snare for example on 5th and 13th beat?