The Syntakt Ambient thread

Lovely.

Can you or someone please help explain how to make a note hold longer than one measure when recording? Without re-triggering at the end of the loop?

I completely realize this machine is not designed to drone necessarily, I just can’t figure out how to record a sustained note for a long period of time without it re-triggering.

substan is amazing! So much beautiful work on the Digitone etc. :grinning:

5 Likes

I don’t own a Syntakt, but… set the duration to INF and the condition to FIRST, so that it only trigs once? You can probably do something with fill to shut it off.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! That really helps a lot :grinning:

1 Like

It’s best to set a drone note up in grid recording as explained above or capture live and then edit to prevent retriggering

That’s very good. Nice work!

Literally just watched this - some great sound design in here I’m impressed with what it can do in this space tbh…

1 Like

@DonovanDwyer @francato @Headtechnician

Thank you so much guys !!!

Very nicely done. One of my favorite Syntakt pieces so far.

1 Like

Fail, not fail. Great Track.

2 Likes

:heart::pray:

1 Like

Ambient composition only with the Syntakt, some compression in resolve but otherwise purely syntakt engines and effects:

19 Likes

lovely stuff :heart:

Thanks @pidgeo!

u got a new sub on uchoob there :+1:

I have a feeling Syntakt is great for melodic percussion. Especially if you add a bit of Microcosm it blooms instantly with simple patterns.

12 Likes

This sounds great

this time pure ambient.
as requested, a few words about my mastering chain:

ToneBoosters Equalizer - to take something out at 260 and 820 Hz
Slate Digital FG-Grey - for slight compression
UAD Manley Massiv Passiv - to boost the highs and lows
UAD SPL Vitalizer - to enhance the highs and a touch of stereo spread
Vertigo VSE-2 - for AIR
ToneBoosters Barricade - compression and limiting

35 Likes

Appreciate seeing all the ambient tracks posted. Would love to see some patch/pattern breakdowns with techniques for ambient, though.

1 Like