The Syntakt Ambient thread

Hi all. First time posting here so I thought I would say hi and hope there will be people making here that Ambient stuff with Syntakt.
I already have Digitone and Digitakt but I’m thinking of picking up Syntakt. What do you guys think? Would Syntakt work for Ambient or would it be a waste of money? What are some of your tips?

9 Likes

Well I guess Ambient is so 2021!

6 Likes

I’m interested as well, I don’t think anyone doing ambient has either received one yet or posted anything yet, I have been looking around and have yet to see any examples. I pre ordered one so if/when I get it and have some time to coax something out I’ll post it here.

Welcome to the forum btw!

2 Likes

I’ll be makin some when I get it

4 Likes

Yep, I’m planning on making some tracks / posting some U Toobs once mine arrives.

3 Likes

I’ll be doing some drones with it.

Not exactly ambient, but close enough.

8 Likes

Already a great thread.

3 Likes

As long as it’s not anti-ambient :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Have faith. There’s ambient drones.

2 Likes

It’s got sound generators, reverb and delay - all the basics you’d want for ambient.

If the sequencer can do 30 BPM or slower, that should give you more options as well.

3 Likes

Yes I was wondering how low the BPM will go.
I’m really curious how the Toy (physical modeling) synth sounds as well! Maybe it can get into Rings territory

Hey thanks. I was hoping there would be a few people who will dig this!

1 Like

I think you can do ambient with what ever.

4 Likes

Anyone know if Syntakt can record a sustained tone over several measures. Like a soundscape or drone?

Easily. Yes, even theoretically infinite

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m doing ambient. Getting nowhere with that on the Syntakt tho. The damn thing keeps pulling me into beat territory all the time :smirk:

7 Likes

Hope to hop on this thread this week after my unit arrives.

This is also my concern. I have one on order, but I can return it within 30 days, so I’ll give it a try…

Thats what i think its for. Im a great believer in the right tool for the job.

1 Like