The Rytm lover thread

Rytm is the one machine that gives you back so much, when you keep learning and exploring it. I also had hard times with the Rytm and often considered selling it, but am very glad I never did.

2 Likes

100%

I do not even use drum saMples any more - just noise, frequencies and samples from modular

4 Likes

Is there anything else even close for “analog groovebox”?

2 Likes

I, too, traded my DT for the ARmk1 and am absolutely in love. Over the moon. Waited way too long to get one of these. My favorite Elektron box by far. I also like the mk1 form factor more than the mk2, smaller pads or not.

Long live the AR!!!

5 Likes

Yeah same, rarely use the sampler on the Rytm Mk2

1 Like

I only use internal sounds too.

But, if i should have a mkii, that would be for it’s sampling abilities (and few UI dĂ©tails).
i would sample the rytm itself and try to take avantage of layering the internal sound with it’s own sampled version. That would, i suppose, make the sound bigger and assume few more tricks.

But it’s not a necessity, since i play the rytm live, and really like/love it’s original sound. Big, hot/muddy, and so adapted/capable to produce the techno i appreciate.

2 Likes

Great sound

2 Likes
3 Likes

The ARmkII drew me back to Elektron. I need a compact beat central groovebox with deep sound design and sequencing, in top quality hardware. For me, only the Tempest and the AR were contenders, and after years of switching between the two, the AR has won for good.

What I was missing still has been filled by a small acid box and the OT last month and it finally feels complete now.

6 Likes

Gonna boot up the Rytm Mk2 today, nice Sunday mess about, might even do a video.

Been running it through a fx eq curve while working with it recently, been quite an interesting experience.

5 Likes

What do you mean? Like applying some EQ to it to change the tone of it or?

1 Like

Yeah exactly that.
I have a curve setup on my Motu that I’m running it through last few days. It’s been interesting to hear how my approach to using it has subtlety changed or how i feel it sounds like as a machine has changed. The sound of it, being different, has changed how it feels and is being used. Instead of using it as a standalone box and then applying eq after in a mix or whatever.

3 Likes

Interesting. Might try that some time.

1 Like

Awesome. Let me know if much changes for you.

1 Like

Have you seen this? Have you heard about this?
If you double your tempo, set your individual track time scales at 1/2x and then set the master scale to 2x, you can play with the master length and get some fun stuttering going with the lower values. (You’ll be stuck in Page mode, however, so on the MKI, no fills.)

4 Likes

rytm mk1 is my fav
the best groovebox around, and the sound is just what you would expect from an modern analog. samples sound dope too. all its quirks just make it more loveable

2 Likes

have you tried adding fast retrigs as well? I think you can resample it and use as single cycle waves, can be really cool

Rytm = my favorite Tool of all :heart:

3 Likes

The Analog Rytm MKI is my favorite instrument of all time. It’s perfect in terms of the look, the sound and the playability.

6 Likes

It really is absolutely fantastic, isn’t it? It’s something I love about the Tempest, was the first drum machine I dug into which had the direct jump and couldn’t believe how much fun it was. Definitely miss this in the Digi boxes.

1 Like