The Rytm lover thread

Just submitting my request for the official Rytm lovers. This really feels like an instrument where all of the individual parts come together to form a bigger thing. It also feels the most groovebox-y from all the Elektrons, maybe except for ST. With their twelve tracks and analog+samples/analog+FM, I rarely need another machine when playing with Rytm or Syntakt. It’s a rabbit hole of “wait, what if I now do this”, and pouf, three hours gone.

I also love that Rytm just oozes character. The filters in combination with overdrive sound so good. And then you bring in the compressor and oomph. I don’t think any of the gear I own or have owned sounds so fat and warm out of the box. Plus, the machine always nudges me into sounds and music I wouldn’t normally make or listen to, yet somehow I suddenly like a lot of things like punchy 808/909 style drums and techno drum patterns on the Rytm.

7 Likes

I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

The first time I used Rytm’s compressor to run my recording through, my collaborator said, “Whoa, this track sounds way better than your other ones.” Since then, I run basically everything with Rytm at the end of the chain. I notice a difference.

6 Likes

Is the song mode on the rytm quite different to that on the Digitakt? I noticed for example you cannot label sections like you can on the Digitakt.

Are there other big differences?

It took me a bit of time to get it right, but the sound is good straight away. No Brainer.