The Octatrack is amazing

I’ve used the LXR. It isn’t for me.
Sound wise I prefer the Nord Drum 2, and control wise… well there is a reason the Drumatix is my favorite drum machine ever. :slight_smile:

I considered the launch control XL, what I prefer about the twister is the high level of customization, color coding, push to reset, center detent, and dual CC# features that it crams into the tiny footprint.

In Nantes, France. I’m 1h30 away by car.
I saw some 800-850€ sales.

Just upgraded to the OT. Coming from the DT I can only say: What…A…F*****…Beast.

It’s Kings Day in the Netherlands, but I will be glued to my couch the whole day!

(And slides! I didn’t even realize it also had on board the only feature I really miss from the A4)

14 Likes

Yep, slide trigs are doing it for me too!

1 Like

ORANJE :netherlands: :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Welcome to a completely new world of wonders!

(… and WTF moments at least in the beginning)

5 Likes
4 Likes

4 Likes

The A4 has slides…but yeah octatrack is Amazing

Yeah, had an A4, didn’t gel with it and sold it. I meant: the only thing I missed afterwards, were the slides. :wink:

The best and only Willy Wonka!

3 Likes

I fink I’ve just reached OT level 2. really starting to enjoy creating with it and all its flexibility now rather than that classic feeling of overwhelming options :smile: :tada:

7 Likes

I always wonder just how awesome and fun an Octatrack would be to play with. Never actually had a sampler, only my Machinedrum UW sampling which is fairly basic. Maybe one day…

2 Likes

UW resampling is wicked.
MDuw is my favourite thing ever. OT is now a close 2nd, and gaining fast :slight_smile:

Md resampling is wicked fun and yes, octatrack is amazing.

Been resampling my MD beats lately and that can develop grooves really nicely.

And random slice is so sick.

Half the time the octatrack is driving, and that’s ok with me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As seen on AF:

This is a cover of a track of Squarepusher’s. OT is messing with the Amen break, while the Pyramid sends melodies to the synths.

9 Likes

I like the comparison of the OT with Excel: you have to configure templates and formulas that work for you and familiarize yourself with them. The comparison ends there and sonic fun and adventures begin!

4 Likes

Octatrack amazingness by @Skypainter :smile:
spreadsheet-crazy
Sorry but I don’t gel with Excel, and I usually start from scratch with OT. :wink:

8 Likes

Excel spreadsheet I made to make the OT and DN new best friends :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

:joy:

1 Like