The "Let's have a positive thread" thread

Electro House 5 BPM128.0 2020-03-17 10.50.42 (2.5 MB)

This Kaossilator app is banging. Still getting my head around arranging tracks with it but I’m imagining a whole heap of quarantine based braindance coming up.

1 Like

my kind of humor. until Ive got it, then Im just gonna hate you.

agreed. I work for the NHS, so it’s Gallows Humour from here on in.

2 Likes

Yesterday, I was supposed to release my new EP. It was a good opportunity to share some love into the world. This is what I sent my Bandcamp followers. I might as well share it here:)

Stay safe

My dearest of friends,

Today, “Field of Faces” is released into the open.

However, what is supposed to be a joyous day, feels forced and even wrong due to recent events all across the globe. As most of us know, our music community is small, but nevertheless strong and full of passion. More importantly, I believe that in times like these it is essential to contribute whatever one can to strengthen the tribe.

Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce that at least until the first of April all digital product in the NYAME catalogue will be on 95% sale. The 95% discount code is “love2all”.

The main goal is for the music to go, wherever the listener needs it to be. So, if in any way you can’t afford any of our music on Bandcamp feel free to reach out and drop NYAME a message and I will send you the files personally.

On a final note, I want to take this moment to express my deepest appreciation and gratitude towards your support over the years. I know I haven’t reached out a lot, even deleted several social media services, but my heart has always been with you and with your ever-present passion for the music that we love so dearly.

With love and kindness on behalf of the NYAME crew,
Alume.

4 Likes

I had a vinyl label contact me out of the blue wanting to release a load of tracks I recorded back in the early 90’s as part of the duo Interlect 3000 I was in. Quite stoked if it comes to anything but nice to hear some unexpected good news amongst all the doom happening at present.

Needless to say if/once it goes ahead I’ll post more about it, I don’t expect that there will be much/any money involved but it will at least be nice to have some of those old tracks on vinyl.

12 Likes

we had a skype dinner with friends yesterday. six people sitting in different places with a laptop cam pointed at them. even had candle light. we will be doing this often as it was really fun.

3 Likes

Kinda positive:

10 Likes

“When in doubt, give it a clout” the engineers fall back after all else fails :smile:

1 Like

“manual says to kick the som-bish:thinking:

1 Like

Positive:
-Got 100% in my anatomy test!
-Saw a Pheasant Coucal crossing the Road
-Saw a Lace Monitor climbing a tree!
-Heard a Catbird this morning! (I will find you catbird… if its the last thing I do)
-Playing the first game of Bushido (GCT) today!
-Have 7 new tracks in development on the OT!
-Went through my projects from last year on my hard drive and some of them are pretty good!
-I now have rock melon growing next to the shed!

Pow! It’s non stop here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, a little reminder for any temporary hermits that are normally forced to conform to office standards:

Now’s your time to shine! You’re now free to grow that magnificent beard you might not have realised you always wanted!

1 Like

this is always the best!

Ya know, it’s the silver lining of not finishing projects. You find some gems and get to hear them with a completely fresh perspective. I love it.

Sounds like you’re doing very well!

2 Likes

Did Joe Wicks’ P.E. Lesson on YouTube with The Duchess and the litt’lun AND hosted a Zoom party with friends all over the country at the same time.
Was brilliant fun, good for us and got to watch some of my lovely female friends working up a sweat! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
What"s not to love?

I finally found the time to start my instagram channel. It’ll take some time getting used to talking to a lens, but I have been wanting to get this going for a while now. labels really want this, so its a plunge I had to take.

1 Like

#sofajamz

4 Likes

I made the most tasty lasagna I’ve eaten for a long time! Family liked it too ;D

3 Likes

I get up at 9AM to work from home, nap at lunch, make music late into the night.

Works for me!

3 Likes

Postive:
-No work today!
-Ordered a Model:Cycles!

4 Likes

I’m sure many of you are all over this already, but in tribute to The late, GREAT GUV’NOR!
It should keep us going. If anyone gets to end of this, then we really are f#©ked!
ENJOY!!! :v:

3 Likes

Positive:

Had a chat with Adobe to cancel my creative cloud subscription that my employer was reimbursing me for.

I wanted to see if they could waive the early termination fee ($65), in light of world events.

Instead, they gave me the next 3 months for free, which is actually great since I can still get a lot of use from it for odd work during this downturn, and I was really starting to learn Premiere more lately.

4 Likes