The "Let's have a positive thread" thread

Said it before, love the good vibes these companies keep pushing!!

1 Like

Positives:

Got a second 6V PSU for OT MK1 use in other parts of the house. I love the OT so much.

Walked 3 miles yesterday and saw a good friend. We kept a 20 foot buffer and sat in her courtyard and had an hour long chat. Some of her neighbors chimed in from their windows. The weather was great.

Another good friend who is a prepper dropped two N95 masks off for me, since I am high risk for infection. And he got half a bottle of high proof bourbon from me in appreciation.

My wife wants to use the Analog Keys for her online piano lessons since her cheap Yamaha has no velocity. #nerd

Spring is in the air.

10 Likes

Housemate triumphantly came home with toilet paper this morning! (crisis averted) She also picked up some sort of caramel latte icecream that was damn tasty.

Gonna watch the last episode of Picard after I take a nap.

Today is a good day.

3 Likes

Positive:
-Model:Cycles arrived!
-Have put said drum machine in quarantine cupboard for 2 weeks to further increase my sense of achievement!

1 Like

A producer who teaches at the artist university close by is giving a 6 week webcam course for free. We meet up every Thursday, exchange a bit, and then he gets going with the course. Really cool.

Positive:
-Got the model:cycles manual printed and bound!
-Had pumpkin pie for lunch!
-Only 4 more days of model:cycles quarantine to go!

Positive:
Had time to get the room done for the expected kid. Wanted to use vacation for it, but we have enough time now.

4 Likes

Positive:
After 5 months without, and starting really the first day of this quarantine,
the sun have been shinning here in Belgium every day on a blue sky with no clouds at all or neither any plane traceā€¦
So beautiful and magnificentā€¦:sunny:

3 Likes

I have just finished reading to my daughter the 6 books of Erin Hunterā€™s ā€œWarriors Catsā€ first cycle.
I had much fun doing the different voices: we laughed and cried together, such magnificent moments!

1 Like
  • Dipped my toes into the world of podcasts.

• Discovered that you can add folders to kindles after only having it for about 10 years. So itā€™s finally organised nicely and I can see Iā€™ve still got about 20 books to get through. Plus i think thereā€™s a new William Gibson out!

• Apparently thereā€™s a mad rush for this yearā€™s flu vax but the pharmacy down the road had only just received their stock when I called and told me to come down. So thatā€™s one less thing to worry about.

• Been restricting my news intake over the past week and itā€™s definitely helping with the anxiety levels

• Discovered Bushmills 10yo single malt irish whiskey when it was on sale. Nothing special but still a decent drop, especially considering I just couldnā€™t get into the single malt scotches.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t had pumpkin pie in years! Might be time to start baking again

1 Like

I found out today that I donā€™t have to apply for Unemployment (stay at home/school and school districts closed - I work for a school district in western Washington State). :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Belgium Quarantainer here alsoā€¦ Hou je goed - Take care !

1 Like

Neighbours clubbed together and left a big crate of food and drink on our doorstep with a card to say thanks for being healthcare workers.
Properly brought a tear to my eye :blush:

7 Likes

Conan Needs a Friend is my favorite right now. His Martin Short ones are the best.

1 Like

Looks alright- might have to have a bit of a gander

Positive:
After a dismal start to the league, my Dwarf team won their first match! 2 - 0 against the Lizardmen. Tough team to beat, but the Dwarves smashed em!

1 Like

I sold 3 things on Reverb in 2 weeks to make up for the mk2 MDUw+ā€¦ Iā€™m 300ā‚¬ up wheeee :partying_face:

2 Likes

Cleared a bunch of brush for coming California fire season. Made a crazy burnpile/sculpture. My friend, who is actually a fire fighter up here- lighting it. :fire:

3 Likes

Donated a bunch of our kidsā€™ old clothes to our babysitter, whoā€™s seven months pregnant and moving back to Italy. She and her husband gave our kids a skateboard each (social distancing was observed). :slight_smile:

Ordered an ALM Mum M8 filter from London Modular, who I live walking distance from, in order to support a local small business despite them not being the cheapest place I could have ordered from (how could they be?). Added a noteā€¦ ā€stay safe London Modular crewā€. It arrived today with a hand written message: ā€œmay this filter bring you many a basslineā€.

Kids even got on with each otherā€¦ today was a good day.

4 Likes