The Elektron documentation thread

You are correct indeed. I will fix this and it will show up in the next version of the manual. Good catch! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes please, make all parameters plockable! :content:

3 Likes

Nice try… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Octatrack MKII, p47
REC1/2/3 instead I suppose…(MKI user)

By enabling the RECORD QUICK MODE setting, the [TRACK] keys don’t need to be pressed to initiate sampling. Just pressing the [REC1/2] keys is then enough to make the track recorder of the active track start sampling. For more information, please see “8.5.4 PERSONALIZE” on page 33.

p33
REC1/2/3 again and MIDI button is for MKI.

RECORD QUICK MODE will when activated alleviate the need to press a [TRACK] key in combination with the [REC1/2] keys to initiate manual sampling. Instead, pressing the [REC1/2] keys will directly initiate manual sampling for the track recorder of the active track, making one handed sampling operation possible. This quick mode of sampling works a bit different when sampling internal sources. Pressing [MIDI] will only initiate sampling when the RECORDING SETUP menus are active. If these menus are not active, MIDI mode will be accessed when the key is pressed. Read more about manual sampling in the section “9.2.1 MANUAL SAMPLING” on page 47.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. We Mk1 users are acutely aware of what we’re missing!

2 Likes

Octatrack MKI
RECORD QUICK is p34 not p33

P48 By enabling the RECORD QUICK MODE setting, the [TRACK] keys don’t need to be pressed to initiate sampling. Just pressing the [AUDIO RECORD] keys is then enough to make the track recorder of the active track start sampling. For more information, please see “8.5.4 PERSONALIZE” on page 33.

Grid Recording has to be off.

P34 RECORD QUICK MODE will when activated alleviate the need to press a [TRACK] key in combination with the [AUDIO RECORD] keys to initiate manual sampling. Instead, pressing the [AUDIO RECORD] keys will directly initiate manual sampling for the track recorder of the active track, making one handed sampling operation possible. This quick mode of sampling works a bit different when sampling internal sources. Pressing [MIDI] will only initiate sampling when the RECORDING SETUP menus are active. If these menus are not active, MIDI mode will be accessed when the button is pressed. Read more about manual sampling in the section “9.2.1 MANUAL SAMPLING” on page 47.

Btw I’m not sure if it is written somewhere that Grid Recording has to be off if you want to record manually in REC SETUP 1/2…

2 Likes

Someone is reading the OT manuals carefuly here I see :smiley: Very good. I will have a look at these things and make changes where neded. Thanks!

4 Likes

Found a couple in the Digitone manual:

page 18, 6.2.1 PARAMETER VALUE JUMP:
“and the sample tuning jumps whole octaves”

page 21, 7.1 PLAYING THE FACTORY PRESET PATTERNS
“You can find a number of preset patterns, sounds, and samples in the Digitone”

By the way, when doing a google search for ‘elektron digitone manual’, the first hit is for a 1.00 version of the manual that’s nearly two years old. I got halfway through this one before I realised something was up - you might want to redirect that page or do some SEO or something so that the newest version comes up there instead.

dnman

5 Likes

Always best to go to the website and download directly if you’re looking for a manual.
Sometimes the first google hits are old :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a lot of samples in the Digitone is it … how ever much we wish it to be so…
Thanks! Will fix!

I will also have a talk with some SEO/Wordpress guru to see if we can do something about Google suggesting old version of the manuals.

4 Likes

Last manual version date in the Filename would be great. I already have too much versions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

File names with OS version and creation date is at the horizon, coming closer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Spotted this in Akeys manual, p72 I highlighted in red box (it means image?)

Also might be worth adding randomise shortcuts to key combo shortcut list?

2 Likes

Some Swedish sneaking in to the manual there. It does indeed meen image :slightly_smiling_face:. Will have a look at it and also add the randomize shortcut to the manuals. Thanks!

4 Likes

Done! Thanks! :thup:

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me there was a minor copy/paste error (presumably) between A4 manual and AR wrt Control In

AR Manual error

referring to A-E when A-D was intended

Don’t copy/paste! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OT MKI/MKII page 80

It would be interesting to precise that zero crossing snapping depends on active view.
To select a zero crossing on both channels, you need to select both channels in CHANGE VIEW.

CHANGE VIEW changes the waveform visualization if a stereo sample is used. It is possible to visualize the left, right or both the left and right waveforms simultaneously.
Hold [FUNCTION] while moving the waveform, loop, start or end points to snap the selected point to a zero amplitude crossing. Zero crossings are indicated by a small rectangle in the middle of the marker. On very large Static samples there might be a short delay before the zero cross search is completed and the marker snaps in place.

2 Likes

Copy/Paste? Me? Never! … well, ok maybe sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Anyway, fixed the things you mentioned and uploaded some new manuals. As always, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This post wasn’t accepted in the Analog Four/Keys OS 1.40: bug reports thread so let’s try here instead:

In “List of changes from OS 1.35B to 1.40” it is stated: “Added support for Elektron Transfer.” However, when going to the A4mkII support page on elektron.se, Elektron Transfer isn’t listed for download. When instead going to the ARmkII support page, you can download Elektron Transfer 1.1, but this software doesn’t work with Analog Four mkII.

When asking this question in the main thread for the A4 1.40/AR 1.50 release I was told that the compatibility referred to Elektron Transfer 1.2, which isn’t public yet.

As of now, I would consider this a bug. If you write that a device is supported by a certain piece of software, but don’t mention a version number of that software, the most reasonable interpretation is that it is at least supported by whatever version of that software that is out at the day of the release of the patch.

So, update the release notes and make it clear that it’s Elektron Transfer 1.2 that is supported, and preferably say something about this on the A4mkII support page. Or better yet: Make the Elektron Transfer 1.2 release public :stuck_out_tongue:

I just replied to this in the Bug report thread, head over there to check it out. (Unless som kind admin moves my reply here also) :slight_smile:

2 Likes