The Digitakt Notebook

The DT notebook is fantastic. I still look things up in it all the time.

Honestly I don’t think you’re charging enough for these books. It’s obviously many many hours of work for you, and the value is so much more than the cup-of-coffee price. :-):grinning:

1 Like

This is a friendly question - I have no intention to annoy you at all - but, what’s included in these guides that aren’t in the Digitakt manual?

Anyway I’d appreciate a good book that explain what are the differences between Digitone oscillators modes, which should be used with which sound.

Hi LiquidAgua, good question and one I’ve answered once or twice before. There are some testimonials on the Synthdawg site that might offer some answers to your question from users. The producer guides aim to achieve a compliment to the official manual by:-

• trying to work from a user perspective and support both new and advanced users and go a step or two beyond the manual
  • give deeper insights, illustrations and show how synth, sampler principles are adopted the DIgitakt or any other device.
  • provide a quick reference when people need it rather than an end to end read, although this is possible too. This fits the guidebook as well as reference book philosophy.
  • the third part of the philosophy is a notebook so it’s portable on a tablet, smart device etc and with the right host software you can add your own notes. Space and sections build in for this.
  • it aims to give examples and walkthroughs to better clarify ‘how to’ do stuff. Maybe an alternate approach.

It’s designed to fit what a user wants and give deeper dives, and for the price of a cup of coffee, even if only 20% is useful it doesn’t break the bank.

Thanks for asking and showing interest. Maybe some users can offer better explain actions and input too.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Anyway for 3 pounds there is nothing to lose :slight_smile:

1 Like

You won’t regret it. These are no manuals but producer handbooks, it’s teaching you how to use your equipment, step by step. There is so much love and time the writer put into it.
All his handbooks are masterpieces and deserve our support.

2 Likes

I’ve had my Digitakt for a little over 24 hours and this is perfect! Thanks!

I loving all the available resources for this little machine. What a great community.

1 Like

Awesomeness! Thanks for putting this out there
:pray:

1 Like

Updated to version OS 1.20

• Additional 40 pages. Now 200 pages in total.
  • New OS Features updated
  • Expanded section on probability and conditional trigs
  • Expanded section with USB & MIDI integration with DAWs, Hardware, iPad Apps
  • Reworked text style and updated some graphics for readability and printability

Also i have put it ‘On Sale’ 30% off for the next few days for existing users. People who have bought it in the last couple of months have a free copy.

Neil
www.synthdawg.com

2 Likes

Sounded very inviting, I just bought it, thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to update this handbook :slight_smile:
How do I go on downloading this update as I had already purchased it?
Thanks,
V

1 Like

I bought the Digitakt one but I´d love to see a Digitone, Rytm Mk2 and Octatrack Mk2!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the support. The original book was released for the price of a coffee so that future updates (typically 12-18 months) would be fair and not break the bank as opposed to a higher upfront cost. This update therefore adds much more content and has been put out ‘on sale’ 30% off (half a cup of coffee) for a few days to help where people have purchased in the past. Also anyone that bought in in the last 2-3 months i have issued a free update by email. The book is in the synthdawg store.

2 Likes

Thanks! Bought both A4 & DT books.
Would be great to have your DN Notebook since its FM hides lots of yummy stuff.

1 Like

Hope you find them helpful

I’m a little disappointed that this is not a Digitakt laptop!

1 Like

Many thanks for this. Bought one last night and already makes more sense to me as a new Digitakt user

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the support and feedback. Will keep the sale price until Monday then goes back to the price of a coffe :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi! Just wanted to ask whether you have any plans on The Digitone Notebook in the nearest future?

1 Like

Yes its high on the list and potentially late summer

2 Likes

Thats great to hear!

1 Like