The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Stop crushing my dreams!!!

1 Like

Raspberry pi :wink:
Who knowsā€¦

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œAnfim, post:2087, topic:39863ā€]
Not sure if plausibleā€¦ full-blown DAW[/quote]

Well, not being a software/ hardware engineer, I honestly couldnā€™t say. But it is far more ā€˜doableā€™ using the suggested break out box (nifty idea by the way @Snipecatcher), than suggestions for similar features which donā€™t mention it - ā€™ how about {insert heavily resource hogging feature here}? '.
Who knows how much it might cost, certainly more than a dollar, but in my opinion itā€™s absolutely plausible considering the finagling power of the chaps at Elektron and the fact that it would be totally focused on one job rather than many, as a laptop might be.
Come to think of it, something with the processing power of a mini pc, combined with a DAC chip could do the trick.

Either way, this whole thread is totally ā€˜pie in the skyā€™.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the whole point of the thread really. Discussion of fantasy. Generally when I post an idea in this thread itā€™s for community feedback and if I get decent feedback here I send it to elektron.

Breakout box would be interesting though. Kinda like the output expanders for the mpc.

3 Likes

Tempo divisions and multiplications per track! It seems like such a simple thing to have I donā€™t know why it isnā€™t a standard on every sequencer. Itā€™s a drum machine itā€™d complete it if we could do polyrhythms :slight_smile:

2 Likes

USB host mode for computer-less external USB MIDI keyboard. You never knowā€¦

1 Like

+1 for a peak/EQ option in the filter types (more useful than a BP to sculpt samples)

1 Like

damn i just found that

Digitakt can do it!
But the sequencer perform this trick ,on one track/
And perceives the 7 tracks loopeing on the number of steps of the first track :
So, if you have a loop on 4 steps on track 1 / Track 2 will be built on 4 steps.

Too bad!

An update is welcome to counter the minimal problem of the sequencer.

1 Like

At the danger that this request has already been written: it would be nice if you could switch the active track via CC.

yup :slight_smile:

We can dream.

1 Like

yes a Scale per Track like the OT has would probably be simple but it would expand the possibilities vastly. Its also number one on my wishlist for the digitone.

Number two is about sample looping: On release a sample should not be looped anymore and play just once toward the end

2 Likes

I think This would kill the ability to use single cycles properly for synthesis.

3 Likes

yes thats true, so why not implement this as an extra cycling mode?

1 Like

Different loop modes would totally be a nice feature

2 Likes

another help would be: name the CC-messages of the MIDI-tracks after the proper functions in the manual. This could be changeable point in the setup. this would make it easier to control the digitakt with the digitone and vice versa, without the need to look up every cc value in the manual.

So ā€¦:panda_face:why not Slices capabilitiesā€¦:ram:to begin

100_0657

ā€¦And ,a possibility of zooming, 'to relax these jubs<
For exemple when iā€™am on a broad spectrum 'sample after loading<<

2 Likes

What I would really love (in Isaac Hayesā€™s voice) - ā€œSome of that sweet sweet Digitone chorus FXā€

1 Like

https://koma-elektronik.com/?product=strom-mobile-portable-power-solution

This is a new pretty cool idea that would likely get us all mobile.