The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

make the first pattern of a chain, and you can repeat this pattern as many times as you want …

1 Like

I vote we rename this thread to the 'Keep Dreaming, Jerks!"

5 Likes

yeh i couldnt really picture someone from elektron sifting through a massive thread for feature request.
still, didnt want to spam the forum with a new thread.

in any case, i will be putting in an official request, thanks.
track microtiming shift should be within the realm of possible.
most of the suggestions i am seeing here are pie in the sky imo, cant even see the point of writing them down.

1 Like

actually its very helpful of you. thanks.

1 Like

Bandpass Filter please

4 Likes

Autoslice per step with different length please !

2 Likes

Tempo per track / polyrhythm

Ratchets on midi tracks (my £200 circuit can do this!)

2 Likes

but you cant make that…only change the track length…

If you’re responding bout the circuit it has 6 micro steps per step which are sent over midi

Thinking it would kinda suck if Elektron did implement every suggestion in this thread :slight_smile:

Since getting an OT, I’m back to using the DT more like a drum machine…at least until I learn the OT better. Personal favorite suggestions in this thread;

The ability to name tracks on the master page, or at least call them 1-8 instead of the default names
Solo button
USB breakout box for 8 audio outs.

5 Likes

for those who are still waiting for a “song mode”… WTF??
This is a Performer Sampler!!!

I just need a battery for my digitakt and take a long train journey

2 Likes

1+ this product should have been designed with a battery

2 Likes

For me the Digitakt is great. Song mode is not needed, as you can create songs very easily if you want. Just change the workflow.

But I would like to see some layers trig locks. At the moment when you have a trig with all kind of different trig conditions then it isn’t possible to create a nice fill. Because the trig conditions can still be activated. It would be nice to overlay a note with a trig lock that says fill with some othe parameter locks. So that the note is played in 50% randomness but when you press fill the note will be played with other filter parameter locks.

The second thing I would like to is a record trig. And the possibility to record for a period of time. So start at the record trig and then stops after 16 steps. So I can create loops that has the exact length. Now I have to place a sound on the first trig record it. And cut the end away on my computer so the sample is exact long enough. I know I can cut it off with the Digitakt. But that doesn’t show me the length in seconds so it is not precise.

2 Likes

On the monomachine the audio tracks and the midi tracks each share 3 lfo’s. If this was applied to the digitakt in its current state, that would give 2 lfo’s to share between each audio and midi track.

I would like to see this.

2 Likes

I’m shure this has been posted like a hundred times before here. but this is my first post and i have to start somewhere.
i own a digitakt for 2 weeks now, and i love it.
but it has become clear immediately that some sort of zooming inside the SRC page (or a possibility to get your samples back to the recorder-edit-page) would be very handy yet basic enough to be implemented without challenging the benefits of getting a bigger elektron unit.
add some slicing functionality (optional!) and i consider the DT a real beast. :slight_smile:
greets

2 Likes

parameterslide like the Machinedrum please

1 Like

Tons of options on this thread.

That’s about the most interesting and plausible ‘request’ I’ve seen on this thread.
“I’d buy that for a dollar!”

3 Likes

I’ve just watched the video of tips and tricks from loopop, and I loved the trick to control digitakt audio tracks thru digitakt midi tracks… but it’s not practical use the midi cable for that.
Then it would be awesome use that trick withour midi cable: Control audio tracks thru midi tracks, like midi machines on machinedrum.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting after spending several years lurking on the forum.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned here previously, but I’d love an arpeggiator on the Digitakt. I know you can sequence an arpeggio, but it would be a blast to be able to perform an arpeggiated line using the trig buttons chromatically. I’d also really like to be able zoom in on my samples in the “source” page for precise tweaking of start / end / loop points. It would be nice to have more pitch range than just four octaves, as I often feel I can’t get low enough bass sounds when using short “click” or “pop” samples as oscillators. I’d love to be able to process external input through the Digitakt’s effects and filters, and speaking of the filters it would be great to have some kind of bandpass or notch filter. Let’s see, this one has definitely been mentioned by other users here, but sample slicing in the “source” page would be excellent for cutting up longer samples when I just want to use different little bits of it per trig. You could set up several “slices” in the source page and then have that as an LFO destination too, so you could modulate it to cycle through each slice randomly, or whatever.

I know we’re getting into Octatrack territory here, but I really hate the workflow on that box and would rather just keep on truckin’ with my Digitakt which is much more intuitive and fun.

2 Likes

Not sure if plausible, as far as we know overbridge only runs on a full blown DAW so would take some finagling to squeeze into a little breakout box!