The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

To be able to bring a sample from the +drive back into the recording buffer and work on it some more would indeed be an amazing if not overdue feature. Having the cut, zoom and assign seemed so usefull when it was demoed but in reality you need to use those features post recording more often than not.

3 Likes

Thanks for this tip, brilliant workaround!

mute / unmute with next pattern iteration.

for example if you want to mute kick and hats and unmute other percussion exactly with the Next pattern start.

nobody would hear it besides me, but i hate it when you hear the BD in the first trig or percussion Starts too early.

i know i could use different patterns with purple track mute Mode. but to have all the different combinations i would have to use waaaaay to much patterns and also would need to memorize where all the different mute states are.

8-polyphony falls under the DSP limitationā€¦ forgot to mention that.

@Elektron ā€” not very difficult to introduce a [SONGMODE] on DT. Just allow a new option menu to create [SONG] and we simply manually program the [CHAIN] ā€”> 1+2+1+4+3+5+7+8+1+2+1+1, etc. ā€”> SAVE SONG AS? Song 001. MENU > hold something + [PLAY] to load song. The logistics would have to be figured outā€¦ you get the point. Iā€™m sure it can be done!

1 Like

Is there a group thread VOTE on these requested features ala ADOBE forum? Highest voted items receives the most attention from development team.

No.

Elektron staff may read the posts, but these topics are generally for discussion of potential feature requests between users (for example, to determine best method of implementation or whether there would be any drawbacks to a change).

The official method for submitting a feature request to Elektron is to email:
feature-request@elektron.se

Elektron decides which feature requests they can or will implement.

5 Likes

Still no ability to do portamento/glide for sequencing ala 303 style? At least from what I can find on the forum.

So if this isnā€™t sorted, itā€™s a feature Iā€™d like dearly :wink:

1 Like

I would love to have slide function exactly like the Korg SQ-1. On the Digi I guess you would need to hold a button combo and select the slide steps. So easy to make shit sound liquid on the SQ-1.

Screen Zoom for Start, Length & Loop point editing on the SRC Page, plus scrubbing.

4 Likes

thought today, how good would it be if I could map sample start points onto the virtual keyboard of the Digitaktā€¦ so basically manually slice a sample across sixteen padsā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of the direction of the sequencer being played.
Like the Roland Boutique JX-03, JP-08, JU-06

Random player <

Ability to have 8 bars per pattern, instead of 4 and different chromatic scale style selections ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can get an extended delay effect with the Feedback function :sunglasses:

Open the ENV to INF as well.

I hope they are more imaginative than that. I mean they could add new features to both OT and DK and there would still be reasons to buy both.
Both have different harware, and the harware should be the only thing, in an honest world, that limits what the machine can do.
Software should always be developped to exploit the harware to itā€™s very limit.

ā€¦ limiting one machine just to sell an other is such a lame business philosophy; greed uglynessā€¦

2 Likes

I have to disagree here.
You can keep adding features until you reach that limit, but think about what that will do to the workflow. More isnā€™t necessarily better. Adding features is great, as long as the quickness and usability remains.

I think the OB will see additional features like a src page with zoom etc.

Itā€™s not so much about limiting one machine to sell another, itā€™s about the deviceā€™s design and focus.

4 Likes

I believe you can effectively already do that by using the Scale function. Maybe not direct enough hence the request?

8 bars per pattern would be awesome. I rarely have a loop which is just 4 bars long, so itā€™d be really helpful to have more. Also, this would enable faster arps on 4-bar loops, by doubling the number of measures and doubling the tempo, to provide finer time resolution. Frequently for arps I donā€™t feel like 16th notes are fast enough, and I want 32nd notes with a different note at every step.

2 Likes

As someone who has spent their life making free software, I have to agree with this one. Build and sell awesome hardware, and make good money on itā€¦ but also make the software or firmware open so people can add what they want and contribute something back. It may be a scary idea at first, but in practice it works very well.

Instead of submitting a comment on a forum thread, or even submitting a feature request via email, Iā€™d much rather submit a patch which implements the new features I want. Iā€™d be happy to develop new features for free, if the option was available. I already do, in several other communities.

4 Likes