The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

More reverb and delay models. Spring, tape delay, etc. Would love to see a master fx which emulates old samplers, like TAL sampler does. I know people will say just use OverBridge and plugins, but TR-8S can record separate tracks via USB, but also has a boatload of onboard fx. I think most users appreciate good onboard fx. It boosts the fun-factor of a sampler exponentially, imho, and helps to make a box its own little eco-system. They’ve added a master comp, so maybe a few more fx are in the works. I sure hope so.

Copy paste sound

1 Like

that doesn’t working if you’re playing live, modifying things as you go through patterns

I consider this to be top priority. Theres alot of things i would like the DT to have. But pitch and modwheel control should be an expectation. Theres no reason for digitakt not to have this

2 Likes

The possibility of muting or unmuting tracks of a pattern before switching to them, would be awesome for transitions in performance.

1 Like

Try using ‘pattern mute’ (purple) as opposed to ‘global mute’ (green); mute states are saved per pattern.
I think that might do what your looking for.

4 Likes
  • cc for midi retrig rate
  • cc for Fill on/off
  • cc for track nudge
1 Like

Ability to make the compressor to have individual pattern settings or on a global scale. So you can do light compression across a pattern, switch to next pattern and it keeps the same settings. This would be great for live performance and honestly (speaking for myself) if I’m going to use a compressor in studio setting for tracking I’ll most likely use a plugin.

1 Like

ability to use cursor keys on sample point editing … making them context sensitive to where the menu is.

so.
i’m editing the start point of a sample.
the encoder , although being very carefully rotated , suddenly speeds up and goes past the point i was aiming for. even if i get the start point correct i then have to deal with the others.

after doing this too many times i turn off the device. (its warm in the uk , everything is annoying right now).

suggestion.
while editing sample start point I’m 99% unlikely to want to change the tempo as i’m focused on a tiny decimal point increment .
similar to retrig , I’d like to use cursor keys to go up / down in whole numbers or fractions .
while on this screen using the keys it just seems to momentarily tweak the tempo.

the point being updated by cursor keys is related to the last one altered by the user so it could work for start , loop , end point.

OR - a generic way to zoom in/out of encoder value increments so i could update how numbers , zoom in to update single numbers , zoom in again to update fractions.

I’m sure if this is rolled out throughout the interface many more fine controls could be used instead of the tempo tweak.
now i just want a way to move the step retrig length in a slower way as it seems to zip around very quickly and despite having accurate looking numbers I’m quite happy with whole number step lengths.

1 Like

it does have unique per pattern settings , and an ability to copy/paste/clear the values from an existing pattern to a new one if its not a duplicate.

but yup , i tend to use the same values unless i’m trying to be too clever with it and end up with cliche ridden pumping volume issues.

Please add Slices or Slicing .

Even if its limited amounts of slices like 64 or even just 16 .

2 Likes

I’m sure most of this has been requested/mentioned before somewhere in this thread, but I thought I’d throw in my two cents after using the Digitakt for a couple of months. Really, really enjoying it btw, first piece of “modern” gear (sampler) that got my juices flowing.

Quick background, I’m a sample based beatmaker (think classical-ish hiphop etc) so my thoughts are based on my experience using the Digitakt in that sense.

• Loop mode when “slicing” a sample, both fwd and bwd.
  • Access to the “zoom mode” when doing a second slice or start point using a sample that’s already in use (as well as fwd/bwd looping), as I tend to use longer samples and access different parts of them (no huge thing though as I grew up having to listen when slicing/looping, using an Ensonic EPS 16+ etc, but it would be a nice feature). I guess this would also be very useful when sampling, saving, sampling, saving etc, and go back and edit afterwards.
  • Per track swing. Preferably a way to set it globally and then turn it off or change it on a per track basis.
  • A second LFO would be very nice.
  • Basic 3b EQ, per track (or at least a master/global one).

I’ll probably think of something else in a little bit, but that’s it for now.

6 Likes

-MIDI equivalent of sounds. We have all this great CC control but no way to change settings. it can be a real drag.
-and YES to all those people who want pitchbend/mod passthrough
-and sample zoom.

those all seem like reasonable, practical requests to me, that won’t eat CPU, take years of dev time, or step on the toes of other devices.

5 Likes
  • a slicing mode
  • sample zoom
  • more filter modes
7 Likes

scale per track!!!

Zooming is fine when editing a sample you’ve just recorded, but after you’ve assigned the sample to a Trig and want to edit start/end times and loop points, there’s no screen zoom function. This makes life difficult.

or am I missing something?

4 Likes

nope, you’re right, and it’s a common feature request. I have a feeling they’ll get round to it one day.

I hope so. It seems like a major inconsistency in the OS.

This frustrates the living shit out of me

A basic “tilt” style EQ on a single knob, or a base/width filter like a Digitone would be handy - would free up the resonant filter for creative uses only instead of having to compromise between using it as a resonant filter or an EQ…

Alsoooo… I’ve said it once… I’ll say it again… polyphonic playback of samples and increased pitch up/down control that also doesn’t ruin your chromatic keyboard range…

3 Likes