The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I don’t know why people keep spreading this baseless assumption.

Elektron has never advertised or pushed buying another one of their boxes to get certain features that others are lacking. Each item is treated like a separate instrument, it’s own idea. There is never really even mention that the boxes work well together through x, y, or z feature. Hence, the reason there is a lot of topics on this forum about getting the boxes to play well together.

Additionally, almost every one of their products gets additional feature after release until the hardware is basically maxed out on what it can do.

Things will likely be added to the dt, as has already been seen with the compressor, but I highly doubt the dt will get more OT like. And this is not because or sales but rather the instruments are two entirely different ideas.

1 Like

When adjusting the DT’s nudge buttons, id’ like the option to NOT change the DT’s master clock sync tempo. Then i could nudge the speed of live-triggered (not sequenced) samples to beat-match the main clock on the fly. Currently, when i nudge, the slaved devices change speed too. Would be very handy if the master clock sync’s tempo stayed fixed when nudging, so only the internal tempo is temporarily nudged.

Plz can we have batch moving of samples to the +drive as sounds. It’s tedious to do it track by track.
Can we also have the digitakt do what the digitone does when exporting sounds from a track to the +drive, which is keep the original name on the naming screen so you can, if you wish, save it quickly with the same name it had.

I’d love to see stereo tracks and/or polyphony… preferably both! Perhaps this would be a special mode you’d enable as obviously track count would be drastically reduced. Stereo would work by importing L and R mono channels of a wav and linking them in the Digitakt - stereo sampling itself looks to be not technically possible.

Even limited polyphony would be a nice thing to have, eg single stereo track with four voice polyphony. But it’s using stereo samples that I’m so keen to see. It seems it would be technically doable.

I use a Bandpass filter just as much as a Highpass and Lowpass. It would be an incredibly useful tool if it was added. The only work around I can find is to Lowpass —> Resample —> Highpass or vice-versa.

3 Likes

not sure whether this is logical, but some way to randomise the velocity of the trigs in a sequence, possibly to add some instant interest and variation to beats.

Typing this i realise this could be done using the LFO settings, but actually it would be great if there was a separate method.

1 Like

When the underlying sequence allows it, I sort of fake the randomness with a bit of polyrhythmic sequencing.
For example with a simple techno kick - hat - snare pattern, I‘d let the track with the kick have 16 steps, the track with the hats have 20 steps and the track with the snare have 24 steps. That way they‘re still rhythmically the same, but you can program some slight variations that drift in and out of sync.

Edit: re-reading this post, it sounded clearer in my head. Hopefully it still makes some sense, hahaa

1 Like

Don’t worry it makes sense, to me anyway. great idea, thanks for sharing.

ok i’m a noob, i keep leaving my finger on func button to mute things then hitting play.
Surely it would be better if clear was on a less used button than the play one !
It would be great if there was a settings page within the digitakt where little quirks like swapping the clear func with another buttons func could be administered by the user along with other things requested by users.

2 Likes

I know this has been mentioned before, but it would be really great if the Digitakt would let Pitchmod + Modwheel info coming into its MIDI IN through to its MIDI OUT. My setup is unnecessarily complicated because I want to use my keystep’s pitch + mod strips with my external synths…

Maybe there’s a workaround or technical limitation I am overseeing?

1 Like

swing by track. at the moment swing can only be set at a pattern level.

there’s 2 spaces on the TRIG page, one of these could be used to apply swing on the track only and not just on the pattern, which is applying swing to all of the tracks.

1 Like

Let us use the LFO’s from the midi tracks to route them internally to the sample tracks so we can utilise additinal LFO per track without external cabling.

The machinedrum had this feature and its not for sale anymore. I hope that elektron will give this back to the people.
Never enough dynamic wavery :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It has been mentioned many times before but it seems such a simple yet great improvement:

Zoom on the sample page! :v:

4 Likes

You know you can just hit it again to undo? I actually like it there - it’s kind of a quick “mute all”

I’ve done this a couple times as well, but I learned to avoid it by utilizing the mute mode, that way you can take your finger off the func button and still mute/unmute tracks.

Getting in the habit of saving my patterns has also helped mitigate this issue

Bandpass filter, pretty please! So important for samples, in my opinion. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

During my continued learning of Pattern as opposed to Global Mutes (when jamming), and my use of an external controller, I’ve found that it would be great to have access to a CC# which pertains to just Pattern Mutes.

The CC# stated in the MIDI implementation is for Global Mutes. It would help with performance as I am trying to control mutes states via the controller (with one button press) rather than on the DT itself via a shortcut.

a randomizer feature like the Drumbrute

1 Like
  • 3-Band Super-Simple-EQ per track , maybe on a new page or something (not likely, but, please?)

• More filter modes (Bandpass & Notch)

• Volume/gain/db meter or indicators similar to the one on the compressor page. One could indicate the selected track level (on the AMP page), and other could show the master level (on the Master page)

• Under the sample manager right-context-menu: An option to edit the sample before loading to project, something very similar to loading the sample into the recorder buffer-and-menu, that way you could edit before loading, create new samples from a longer already existing one, etc.

• Transpose notes from sequences on MIDI tracks (A button combo related with chromatic mode maybe, lighting the chromatic keys on purple instead of white)

• On Samples menu, a little marker to show wich samples are attached to ANY project on your +drive. (To avoid deleting samples linked to projects. If not possible on the DT, maybe on Transfer or OB?)

• A button combo that allows the funtion to latch/hold the fill page for a period of time without having to keep pressed the Fill button.

• The option on Sync Menu to turn off the transport section cc values (send) when DT acts as Master Clock. That way it won’t trigger all the sequencers in the MIDI chain after, and we won’t need to add more connections with MIDI filters, or disabling sequencers, or clearing sequences on other gear, etc… AND more options to choose the way that the Midi THRU port behaves.

• Under System menu, an option to set the sensitivity of the encoders from a 3-option-choice.

I think most of these are possible and would help a lot. What do you think?

7 Likes

A button combo that allows the funtion to latch/hold the fill page for a period of time without having to keep pressed the Fill button.

this is already possible - I can’t remember the key combination, but you can either lock it or make it run for one full pattern before it disables automatically

3 Likes