The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

With clear and paste there is an undo function by repeating the button combo

Yep! A lot things can be undone by repeating, would be nice with save too. But maybe only if you do it quickly enough, like within a second or so.

I can’t think of ANY program where you can undo a save?

What id like to see is a way to link a midi track to a sample track giving you the extra lfo as well as the extra sequencer that you could parameter lock stuff like key changes. I cant help but think for the most part those 8 midi tracks aren’t being put to use by most people. The most I really ever use is 2 or 3. If they treated it more like an expander mode the could also give you some different menu options making it less clunky.

10 Likes

You can do this if you connect midi out to midi in. But it’s not stable. Internal routing of this WOULD be awesome!

3 Likes

Not saying those two midi are lost for external connections!

1 Like

true true

By connecting midi out to midi in, midi out is sent out the midi thru…
You do tie up the midi in connection, can get it back with a midi merger or routing box…

It’s besides the point but I can, with revisions and version control you could easily undo a save by reverting to an older version. I even have some music apps that can do this. Modstep for example. It auto saves every X seconds so you can revert to a state 30 seconds ago.

In response to wouzers post I thought something like that would be nice. Auto snapshots or auto save with X revisions max. Or something like a 1 second grace period after saving by pressing the combo again. Might not be feasible, might not be for everyone. It could be in the config where you can turn it on or off and set the grace period.

1 Like

It could be stable if it would be possible to program a RK-002 cable or something similar to filter out the cc’s that cause the crash. I think it’s only 1 or 2 that cause a midi feedback loop. A little filtering could easily sort that out. No clue if the RK-002 is up to that task though.

2 Likes

8 more tracks

1 Like

That’s a cool idea.

+1 for ReTrig on the MIDI channel triggers.

I’ve been having too much fun using the Digitakt as a sequencer for my soft-synths. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I hope they give us some way to link the patterns/kits.

I was jamming last night. Made several sequences. Recorded something. Track 5 was too loud. Had to adjust the volume of track 5 in several different patterns. Jam didn’t sound the same. Session ruined.

3 Likes

This would be so useful

i came here to add this… I have sold my DT but miss it a bit. If they added stereo pass through I think I would buy it again

Possibility to exclude tracks from control all mode (pattern level or project level?)…

4 Likes

The trigs locks take priority over control all I believe. I havent tired it myself yet but if you lock the things you want, like track volume with a p lock at 100% volume of track 1 for example, it shouldn’t be affected by CTRL ALL. I THINK this is the case. Will try it and see tomorrow.

It does affect locked parameters, but they jump back instantly to their locked value. Gives cool effects sometimes, but is kind of unwanted behavior imho. It’s not too obvious lucky so I use this in my liveset a lot to lock kick pitches so they don’t get affected by ctrl all on pitch for instance.

1 Like

Good info Dave. Thanks! I’ll play with that. It’s odd that they would change and then jump right back though. So say kick drum on channel one and you change pitch for ctrl all the first kick will change pitch - stop moving the knob - and then the rest of the kick trigs will be in their proper pitch? Which makes me think that if you’re continually twisting the knob you’d have everything pitchy… yeah that sounds unwanted to me.

+1 for p locked trigs to ignore control all messages.

1 Like