The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Exactly, that’s what happens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to be able to transpose the entire midi track.

1 Like

My number one request for the Digitakt is for it to output GM MIDI drum data from the sample tracks. Not 8 more sequencers, I just want all of the sample tracks to be able to address one MIDI channel and MIDI note. This would allow you to pair it up with other drum machines and layer your drums, or even use a CV.OCD and use the sample tracks to trigger modular drums (which is what I’m looking to do).

Using the MIDI tracks this way works, but there’s no retriggers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope for a feature that gives us a person working at elektron that leaks bits of information about how the updates are going along so we don’t have to wonder if the next update is going to make this month or not… A little snack of info would be great about now especially last we heard was basically that the update would not make it to the December date and no further info of when we will see it. If anyone at elektron wants to chime in I would love to hear that there is a good chance of the update making it this month or not as well as that looming overbridge release that hopefully is also just about ready. I know the internet hate is strong around these updates and delays but they should know there are good reasonable people who would like to know more about what is going on.

11 Likes

Request: Pitch Bend parameter for the audio tracks. Could fit in one of the empties on the trig page.

1 Like

Ohhh! I like it! I need something to make my BDs snappier

I’ve been using the pb parameter on midi a bunch. Super handy!

I haven’t been using midi enough on the DT(bizarre as that was the justifying reason to get it). Is there a pitch bend parameter on Midi? Can you midi loopback that?

In theory you could, but midi loopback crashes for me every time :frowning:

This is a feature request that might already be possible. Would like a pitch envelope, but as I’m writing I’m thinking this might be able to do with the LFO? For kicks you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

For all 3 of the new devices: be able to transmit midi from my midi controller to my daw. I could use the Digitakt or Heat as my only/main audio interface if they would let me do this.

Swing as an LFO destination!

3 Likes

As much as I love the implementation of plocks on the Digitakt, there is a small issue regarding previewing sounds. It’s bad enough that I can’t remember the button combo to listen to the currently selected bar, but it’s even worse that I can’t find a way to preview a specific plocked sound.

One laborious work around (sometimes) is to plock every single parameter of a trig, copy paste and then manually dial in the note values. You can then return to chromatic mode and edit the parameters for a new sound. Because the trigs that you previously layed down are plocked, you can now design a sound without effecting them.

What I’d like is for some way to just lock down all the settings of a trig so that they are “plocked” with one simple button press or combo.

1 Like

I want to play the sample in a more controlled manner. I mean the waveform, surf the waveform basically. Right now you got your loop point, start/end whatnot. You can grab the playhead and move it forwards and backwards, while it’s looping inside your loop area. This is awesome, this is one of the things the Digitakt should excel at. Perform, go nuts with that waveform on that yellow lil screen. Anyway you can’t move the playhead in reverse unless you go really slow. I’m not a rocket scientist but, I think if you add ping pong loop mode, dedicate one of the code monkeys to the reverse thing for a day or two, things…should work…out. Ok then…(Edit: Yes, there were 2 requests in there. 1. Moving/manipulating/scrubbing the playhead in more precise manner. 2. Ping pong loop mode)

Oh and please add a Breakout or Pong clone (Space Invaders is horrible and you all know it). Maybe Snake as well but, only as a bonus game. Pac-Man.

Scale > Pattern Length wish:
press-hold a step (for pattern start point) while tapping a later step (for pattern end point)
would be great for jamming e.g. 4-step micro patterns anywhere within the existing 16 steps, not just the first 4 steps.

2 Likes

It would be even better if the sequence could be read in reverse by pressing the end point first

2 Likes

yep! obvs, the amount of p-locks on a step can drastically alter the sound – esp. if you’ve p-locked to another sample on the same track.
a way to audition an individual step with its p-locks would be fantastic.
pressing the TRIG button while pressing a step (in rec mode) to trigger it… could work!?

1 Like

It has been said a few times but time stretching would be really cool even if it’s low-quality and grainy. However my main request would be to have individual track time divisions. I would like one track to run at half the speed of the others if that’s possible - same goes for the Digitone, where I run it mostly at half speed across all tracks to get more developed melodic thingies.

2 Likes

I’d be cool with that. Though I’d happily take a shortcut to lock all parameters on top of that - it would still be useful as it would allow for top level editing when designing a new mutation of a sample.

Agreed, more detailed playback manipulation would be great.

+1 for a breakout game, so long as it uses samples from the current project and can be used as a random sequencer. Maybe the control input (a single pot) could be custom mapped to a parameter, or maybe multiple variables of the game could be set to control various parameters. In fact it should have a self playing mode that can be clocked in some way but still produce unpredictable variation with the ball “physics.”

1 Like