The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

That’s true, good point! I hope it doesn’t need it. Would be a big bummer if we can’t get the Digitone filters or other stuff due to lack punch.

That’s pretty cool stuff. You can sort of do this with neighbour conditions I think. Not the same but might get you close-ish.

1 Like

Please increase the 128 samples per project limit if possible. Bumping it up to 256 would be nice!

4 Likes

More than anything I hope they enable stereo monitoring before I get my DN(by like 02/26)- don’t even really need the send FX on the incoming channel- just want to sample the DN on it without having to change my audio configuration

Thanks

1 Like

I wish

USB 2.0 can easily handle 10+ streams of audio

1 Like

10+ ?
That’s not much more than 8 voices
So in theory Elektron could pack it with DSP for 50 voices, but the box would hit the Overbridge USB 2 bandwidth limit way before that.
This to me seems like the major limiting factor here?
How’s USB 3 :thinking:

Edit: I can confirm what you all already new. I am stupid.
Voice count is irrelevant, what is relevant is how many audio streams we are sending through USB 2, as @man909 already pointed out.
So in theory Elektrons DSP 50 voice fm monster could exist, provided these voices are mixed down in the hardware and sent through USB 2 in around plus or minus 10 audio streams?

1 Like

Request. Reload kit on pattern select.

1 Like

I have to say that the audio through and the 1-pole bandpass-ish filter thing from Digitone would be fantastic. Even just the latter would be so good for sound sculpting and mixing.

I’m sure USB 2.0 can handle more than 10…was just using that as the baseline because that’s what we would need (maybe 12 if the FX bus is included). USB 2.0 probably can handle 80 tracks at a time at 48khz if the drivers are tight enough. In theory.

USB 3 can handle 10x as many in theory as USB 2.0.

source: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/usb-firewire-thunderbolt-which-best-audio

+1 for bandpass here

4 Likes

It’s most likely been said before, but I’d love to have more filter options. Why the filter in the Reverb Page is more complex than the Filter Page itself? Having that same HPF+LPF in the main filter page would make a huge improvement for me.

I am not sure where to post this question:

I have seen various threads talk about how one can midi loop a cable out of the Digitakt and then back in to make use of the midi tracks LFO’s on the sample tracks.

So, if one had a Digitone as well as a Digitakt, could one just take the midi out of the Digitone into the midi in of the Digitakt and dedicate the 'Tone’s 4 midi tracks to the Digitakt, and then use the Digitakt’s 8 midi tracks for other midi gear?

1 Like

I think we do not need a sound pool. but it would be nice if we just could load sounds from the drive+e to trigs, as we can already switch the samples on p-locks. therefore why not copy over the parameters from the sound and change the other setting to the same on the trig like in the sound. if you load a sound and don’t assign it to a track, it is in ram loaded. the sample name is most of the time unfortunately different from the sound name.

well i reconsidered, it might be better to have a sound pool and assign the sound to the trig, but if not ,they could at least give us an option to load a sound on the trick and change as well the different parameters (creating more p-lock on the same trig) so the sample actually sounds liek in the sound :slight_smile:

Has anyone said time-stretching yet?

:wink:

I would like to see that as well. But i think the concept is more to chop samples and not sample loops. I would also prefer to have the DT as a smaller companion to use in a DJ set and therefore having the possibility to sample some loops and then mix it in. For this you need time stretching.

You know what would be excellent?

tone identification so you can determine the tuning on your samples and adjust it to match the keys on the keyboard.

12 Likes

When pressing function + no, the settings are reloaded
I Sometimes accidently press function yes
Then I store the new setting, I dont like it
I solve it with copy it before playing with it
So after mishitting, I have an escape…

I think I prefer no+ function
Then I already press no, I am sure i have the right button
Then I press function

A little bit like I do on my A4 mk2

4 Likes

It would be great if they can somehow make an undo for this by just repeating the same key combo like most others actions. But I understand it might not be possible to undo the saving.

Copying it so you can paste it is a nice trick though, thanks :sunglasses:

1 Like