The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Digitakt MK2 feature request:

micro SD card reader to save and load sounds and back-up projects — my son’s $30 USD sandisk mp3 player has one… should be a $3-5 USD add-on feature in manufacturing. Implement some code to the OS and voila… problem solved!

8-dedicated outputs via 1/4" phono jacks… hello… this would be huge for the DT, making it the ultra compact beat making powerhouse that it is… take it to the studio and track music properly to outboard mix console. This may make the machine slightly larger in size, but perhaps the geniuses at Elektron can figure this out. I know there is the OT and the Analog RYTM… but these are not quite the same.

Velocity sensitive drum triggers… similar to the LINN DRUM or SP-1200… love the drum triggers on the DT… a soft rubber latex surface (finish) may be interesting. If not, how about an accessory that lets you control the DT easily with a portable set of 16 pads… again, maybe I’m missing this feature from using the Akai MPD16 via MIDI (I own this old set… yes it’s a life saver on your fingers).

A dedicated SONG mode pad. Patterns = Songs = Projects. This is a no brainer… let’s steal some functionality from the OT on this one. Or offer a [FUNCTION] possibility.

—DRUMZ

1 Like

Precisely why you would buy a mk2 rather than a mk1

2 Likes

Request- Direct Jump so bad

1 Like

Real statistics

Thank you…

Song Mode please…:wink:

2 Likes

“3 people flagged it for moderation” -> the post was automatically hidden because 3 Nauts judged your message was inappropriate.
Don’t think you’re persecuted, you were just out of line.
Actually, your new post is one vote close to be hidden as well.
May I remind you that the subject of this particular thread is “DT feature request” ?

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Built in arpeggiator would be wonderful for internal sounds and especially for controlling external synths live

6 Likes

Exactly… hence the MK2. Some people don’t read. The DT mk1 is great… but could surely use a few much needed updates on design.

The big ones for me:
-One-band +/- EQ per part, like the MD, to help avoid a muddy mix. Or a master EQ if there aren’t enough pages to accommodate.
-Bandpass filter in the filter section.
-Muting behavior like the MD - mutes take effect when releasing ‘Function’. This also makes soloing a track easier to accomplish.
-Midi Arp that includes the SID mode from the MNM
-Have the LFOs (including midi LFOs) be assignable to any track

-One thing I was also wondering, hardware-wise would it be possible to have the headphone out be assignable? Or is there something preventing that?

2 Likes

Cc93 activates solo but it’s an external control only at the moment. But Utilizing it may also help you with the mute problem you mentioned in the other thread.

Just copy the 1st pattern to a second pattern and you’re good to go :slight_smile: That’s what I have done as a workaround.

Thanks for the response. Looks like CC94 is for track mutes, so I could set up Machinedrum tracks to perform my mutes, but I’d rather not have to do that.

Can you tell me, are you able to mute all tracks at once, or are you experiencing the issue I described?

LFO preset save feature would be cool to build LFO presets; then select them to audition and or apply on any individual project / track #. If this already exists, I apologize… I’m still learning :slight_smile:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Really enjoying this box but missing some (basic) things:

• Per track tempo divisions, this would greatly improve the midi sequencing part
  • Parameter glides/slides, really no clue why this has been left out
  • Sample slice/chain support, it’s a sampler it should be able to use slices/chains
  • Song mode, or a way to at least save your chains
  • Sysex dumping, the manual says it’s there, but it isn’t

Other than that some more filter models would be great, and maybe a compressor on the master. Which were hinted by Cenk. I would also love to see insert fx and more lfo’s but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

14 Likes

What he said😁

1 Like

Full agreement on a master compressor and filter types. I’d also love a proper clipping distortion with post gain compensation, so you could do hard acid-style basslines but tame the overall volume.

Forgive me if these have been mentioned already, but two features that seem like lowish hanging fruit that would be very useful to me:

• Let me preview samples in loop mode. Previewing single-cycle waveform samples is useless as-is.
  • Add a “clear un-assigned samples from RAM” feature. I often load a bunch of e.g. kick drums to audition, but only end up using one. I want to be able to immediately remove all samples I’m not using from the project.
10 Likes

Song Mode…:grin:

3 Likes

EQ per audio track
Internal midi ctrl
Retrig on midi tracks
Other types for the filter
Other types of delay and reverbs
Complete Back up / saving / restore +Drive (via OB or/and transfer app)
Ctrl all on/off : per pattern you are able to set Ctrl on/off per track
Solo mode

2 Likes

Yes!

A million times YES to both these suggestions…