The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Ability to assign samples to the midi tracks when not using midi

4 Likes

Snap to zero is already a thing (I assume youā€™re talking about pitch?) - just hold FUNC while turning the encoder. All controls have snap points, although some are better chosen than others.

2 Likes

That sounds brilliant! But unwieldy. I suppose absolute muting could be done with the level setting.

Would be cool to see this implemented.

1 Like

Being able to zoom in the sample when doing conditional trigs is a big one for me. Or am I doing it wrong?..when you sample straight after you can do it but after the option isnā€™t there. seems kind of simple it would make my life much easier to get the fine points in the sample when ā€œtrigsingā€

1 Like

Iā€™ll add two that i can think of for now.

1. (MASTER VOLUME INDICATOR) Since there are no tick marks on the Master volume knob nor is there any digital numerical indicator listed on the main window for the Master volume. I think this feature needs to be put in. It helps when recording your samples to keep them uniform making sure the volume is the same throughout.

2)PLAYBACK CURSOR in Zoom window)While in edit mode for your newly recorded sample its nice that there is a line that shows you where your sample is currently playing as it goes the length however, It would be very nice to have that line shown on the top zoom view as it goes by aswell. It would help when trying to determine where you need to splice your sample for precision

Thatā€™s a good tip that I had forgotten about, thanks.

Donā€™t want to start a new thread but any news on 1.05? Only a working week of december leftā€¦

They said in December- Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be up soon!

Iā€™d like to have an ā€˜expert modeā€™ which allow to use the ā€˜legacy kitā€™ behaviour like the first MD.
Today, switching from pattern to pattern could make a hugue gap in the sound.
The ā€˜legacy kitā€™ had no problem with this.

Maybe a toggle to switch in an option menu could switch between ā€˜korg styleā€™ kit and ā€˜legacy elektronā€™ kit.

+1 for a song mode

Without song mode, 8 tracks of external sequencing seems superfluous. Itā€™s awesome but not super practical, especially if trying to play another instrument.

3 Likes

MD style on-the-fly ram resampling.

and more modulation :wink:

3 Likes

save midi configurations as sounds for easy recall

Lock midi cc select page

6 Likes

Ummm uhhhh, song mode?

3 Likes

For the unused encoders on the TRIG page:
2 options from

a) direct access to a cut-down retrig options (i.e. just rate, length defaults to the LEN parameter).

b) a second COND option, which is and-ed with the first

c) type of logic for combining the 2 COND parameters (eg and, or, xor etc)

d) Velocity for the added retrig option

my personal preference would be a and b

conditional trig - random

loop, trig, clock, transport based recording

If there is no song mode, then pattern chaining could be improved by a simple change. Instead of holding down the first pattern and then selecting the further patterns the user ought to be able to hold down the PTN, then select any number of patterns from the active bank to be played. Itā€™s quite irritating that you canā€™t chain multiples of the first pattern and makes writing simple verse - chorus type of things difficult.

Those familiar with Pocket Operators know what Iā€™m going for.

4 Likes

I think something along the lines of a ā€œcreation modeā€ which would be a quick mode you could jump into while working on a patternā€¦ it would stop the sound if playing but in doing so free up the 8 voices to quickly assign osc style samples and design your own complex drum sounds using multiple layers of samples, envelopes and lfos. You can already sort of do this by jumping to a blank pattern and doing some resampling but it would really interesting to have a mode dedicated to something like that and would push people to be more creative with resampling and potentially give a space for people to assign lfos to lfos to get some more FM style stuff going on. Also if you didnā€™t plan on using those samples by themselves you wouldnā€™t need to go through the process of adding samples to layer and resample and then delete from the project once you had the sound you want.

3 Likes

That would be great.
Also, MIDI LEARN!!!

4 Likes

Having a MIDI Track Delay feature would be great. Not just Micro time adjust.

Often times it happens that sequenced midi devices arenā€™t exactly tight with Digitakt samples, and could do with a global midi delay to get the midi devices inline with the Digitakt.

Considering that the Digitakt is such able MIDI sequencer, I find the absence of MIDI delay feature a great oversight. I mean, how often does it happen that midi devices perfectly sync in without any micro adjustments (or some dedicated MIDI clock) with a DAW, not very often, at least not in my experience.

2 Likes