The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

was replying to someone talking about the monomachine. You should check what you’re replying to when attempting to make someone look foolish.

I simply made a bit of a humorous post about the entirely extraneous labelling on the Digitakt buttons.

You should check your assumptions before making yourself look foolish with such a response.

1 Like

Your post was clearly made to poke fun of something that was said. No assumption there. It was UNNECESSARY. Especially seeing as the person I originally was interacting with made pretty much the same post during our interaction.

Yes. Still. Lack of Slide Trigs handicaps the chromatic mode in a certain way.
Using slide trigs and parameter slides on OT, A4, AR really completes those sequencers.

6 Likes

agreed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need more Copy and Paste functions. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: A way to copy Sound & Track, the whole deal, in one. Currently copying Sound and Track separately is slow.

I’m also wanting a way to paste a Sound and/or Track to more than one Pattern at a time. For when you update a Track, but don’t want to have to re-paste it across 16+ patterns individually.:wink: This reminds me of Ghost part functionality, from some other sequencer, back in the day…

Basically Copy & Paste every which way. I’m guessing/hoping that will come anyway. As well as the obvious subject of simplified sample management. iOS integration etc.

It would be lovely to separate the main outputs as A mono & B mono, so you can send the kick and bass apart to the mixing desk (A left) & send your hats with (right B) for example

You could just hard pan each instrument right or left, so that is already possible :wink:

6 Likes

5 octaves for the audio (which would add 1 more higher octave, keep the Digitakt a bit more inline with other gear, but more importantly you’ll be able to play/record those sexy af saxophone riffs without running out of octaves) :+1:

1 Like

I would be happy with Overbridge, which has been promised, along with backup ability. I will buy the full OB when it is released.

long list under approach

Double tap FUNC to switch Trig mode to Mute mode
FUNC+Trig in mute modes trig samples (inverted quick mute or “Quick Trig”)
Ctrl all hold state till func+no
All Note off message for all Midi Tracks when double stop
Flashing trigs when Track Select
Changing active track via arrows Not Nudging to global tempo ( switch option in Sync )
A Xfade feat with looped samples FUNC+LOOP
Option to send in fxs pre amp level and pan faders per track
Possibility to move/copy a whole pattern with its kit to other project
Copy track sound+seq of a track by holdin TRK+rec in grid recordin
Analog scaling for cutoff knob when pressed once with FUNC holded ( no big steps or relative ) + for all value knobs actually
Slots player FUNC+Double Tap TRK ( or mappable keyboard )
Reorganization of sample slots in Ram ( via exchange in ram or copy/clear/paste )
Preview in Ram Memory also FUNC+ yes
yes+ trigs in trig recordind to preview them
Stereo monitoring ( audio thru )
Pressing a data knob + no = return to temporary saved pattern value
Pressing a data knob + clear = default value
Not having to turn knobs twice with FUNC holded for value returns to zero or extreme.
Mute audio option
Sysex for sounds and whole patterns
Extend lengh of a trig by hold start trig then ending one
Long lengh trigs apparent in the grid ( tie trigs )
Parameter slide
A “No note” value avalaible in pitch
Live recording parameter changes should not affect parameters of a long note that haven’t been touched. ( tie trigs again)
And obviously all features listed in manual that DT currently miss

XTRAS

Snapshots keyboard with a morph value
or switching pattern in Legato ( a CH.Len option in Scale )
Step jumps (with flux mod i/o and latch) in grid recording alternative mode while playing
Internal midi dispatcher keyboard (poly)
Master fxs ( comp, chorus, flang )
Linking 2 audio tracks for stereo sample
IOS overbridge or audio proccessing

2 Likes

direct change / direct jump function !!!

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m still wanting Pong.

Parameter slides
Instant change of patterns (maybe with some kind of crossfade for sound parameters?)
Basic arpeggiator (audio and midi)
Kits
1 Extra LFO/use LFOs between tracks
Master compressor (maybe this is too much to ask :smiley: )
MIDI retrigg
Also a cool idea would be to have a fade in/out of pitch (as there is already on volume) in the retrigg menu

With that I’ll have the sampler of my dreams

3 Likes

I think parameter slides is an extremely reasonable thing to expect from the Digitakt; especially, considering how limited its modulation sources are. Not having the ability to smoothly transition between parameter locks seems so un-Elektron to me.

6 Likes

Retrig on MIDI tracks would be great; I was surprised to find it didn’t work.

1 Like

Ping pong delay? Func + Filter then switch the x to on with encoder B and turn width all the way up. Then you’ll have ping pong delay.

If you are speaking of another feature just ignore the comment. I’m new to elektron and have only had the Digitakt for two days. Still learning the lingo. Hope this helps… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. So here is my wishlist and some may actually be available and I haven’t discovered them yet being my 3rd day with my digitakt.

Probably won’t happen, either complication with device capabilites or hinders sales for OT.

1. Assignable outputs. For example, using the headphone out at a 1/2 output and main out as 3 and 4. So you could have the possibility to route certain sounds to effect chains and others to a dry signal to board. Or send click or preview tracks to headphones 1/2 and current tracks to 3 and 4. Again, the outs probably are not routed this way, but if it’s possible that would be amazing.
  2. Effects on monitored input through the sampler for live instruments and voice.

Next list is more plausible I believe.

1. Track grouping for polyphony, much like the A4. Bundle tracks say 1-4 and control all channels with a midi track or track one’s keyboard to create 4 voices.
  2. So there’s a global mute and a pattern mute. Global mute unmutes and mutes as soon as pressed and Pattern mute mutes on the next sequence start. It would be nice to have the option on when the track comes in and out. Like in Ableton they have a bar grid that you can choose how many measures (1/2 bar, 1 bar, 2 bars… Etc) you have until your tracks will launch and stop. It would be nice to unmute and mute tracks and have the choice to wait a full 64 trigs (or 32 or whatever amount you need) to unmute and mute for complex arrangement on one Pattern.
  3. Live looping simplification. Choose a track that you want it go to and choose how many trigs the recording will be and start on the next downbeat or whatever options you could create and when record is over the track begins looping. Also, would be nice to be able to midi map a footswitch for rec start/stop.
  4. More filter options. At the very least add a bandpass.
  5. Arp Settings

That’s all I can think of that I think would make this amazing machine a true legend! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share our thoughts.

2 Likes

Why can’t I push the encoder down and only get time synced delay times? Am I doing it wrong? How do I scroll through time synced delay?

2 Likes

Second day with my Digitakt and I’m loving it.

So far my most major request would be to be able to audition p.locked trigs during grid recording. It’s rough having a 4 page pattern and waiting on that single trig to come around for another listen. I know there are work arounds involving copy/pasting into another shorter pattern but it would be great to be able to func+yes audition a trig at any time.

6 Likes