The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Can’t remember if I’ve already posted in here, but an eq, compressor, timestretch & pitch edit. That would make it perfect for me. Oh, and internal midi routing.

3 Likes

I wonder how people would fit zoom functions into the src page. I don’t see it happening. One can hope though.

it really needs src zoom tho dunnit. i hope they can add it somehow.

This is just a thread about what people would like to see.

Most forum members aren’t elektron engineers, so to ask how they would implement these things is a bit daft.

Let the thread be what it is- a wish list.

4 Likes

Audition Trig. or Preview Trig.
So if your Trig locking parameters on a trig you can audition just the trig your working on, to hear the changes, instead of having to wait for the sequence to come around again or the trig condition to trigger. Would save a lot of time programming.
Just like how sample preview works, and on that note make sample preview work when your in the ram view of the +drive :slight_smile:

Also +Drive storage information on the digitakt. How much +drive space is used and available. It’s a guessing game now.

Sample transfer from Digitakt too, to backup your resampled/recorded sounds.

3 Likes

By pressing UP? or FUNC+UP or double tap UP
And it could zoom to the selected length?
And DOWN would be zoom out?
Just because up does nothing here, would make sense to me anyway.

I stand corrected. Although I said “not many” :slight_smile: . But Maschine also has an arp, I think(?). Not sure about the different MPCs.

I’d love for this to key the whole sequence page up a semitone or octave for live transposition

2 Likes

Not really intuitive. Zooming to match the length isn’t really the issue either. People mostly request zoom like on the sample page for precise cuts, to get rid of clicks etc. If you have to use length to zoom in like that makes it a pretty strange process.

Holding TRK + A - D could work for instance, but it’s still not the most elegant option.

1 Like

hmm,
Get the rough length, then zoom and fine tune.
Zooming in and out is very common place on the octatrack slicing page for the same reason you are saying people are requesting zoom and I imagine if it was implemented it would act similar to this page, i.e zooming around the start point when adjusting that and then skipping to a zoomed view of the end of the slice when adjusting length, don’t know how they’d do it for the loop point though.
Doesn’t really seem like much of an epic change in workflow though
as people have been doing this zooming in, slicing stuff, zooming out for years in their elektron products.
Sorry, but I’m failing to see what’s un-intuitive about that? haha

Holding TRK to perform a function on one track doesn’t make sense to me,
As I’d assume I would be zooming all the Tracks.
But hey, tomatoes, tomatoes

Yeah pattern transpose would be great.
I’ve been using CTRL-ALL on my audio tracks but then I have to go through the midi tracks and that’s a real productivity killer if ever there was one.

1 Like

Digitakt-large

1 Like

Does it work like that on octatrack with arrow up and down yeh?

It could work I guess. I’m only familiar with how it works on the sampling page on digitakt and would find it strange if it worked differently on the src page ;). Either way, let’s hope they do implement it :smiley:

well, not exactly, the knobs control zoom amount and zoom position on octa slicing.
But, where those knobs are being used and the arrows aren’t I figure why not hey.
Yeah fingers crossed something gets implemented.
I’ve taken to bussing sample chains with 15 or 30 different samples all evenly spaced, then you can scan through by setting length to either 4 or 8 and pressing and turning ENC E to move in increments of 4 kinda works like selecting slices on the octa :wink:

That was exactly my point though, because that is how it works on DT too at the sample page ;). The thing is, if one would implement stuff in a way just because the controls are free, you’ll get a really convoluted ui. That’s why I asked the question, because i’m not sure how, and therefore if, they’d implement it.

holding the track button on src page and turn to zoom as mentioned would be great imo. not convoluted at all.
the feature is badly needed.

Yeah that was what I suggested, but of course holding TRK is control all, so that won’t go well :wink:

2 Likes

ahaha, so it is ^___^

1 Like

In grid recording mode TRK + Func takes you to quick mute mode so that’s not an option. First pressing func and then TRK won’t do that. So maybe Func+TRK+a-h could be a good way to implement it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another possibility would be to have zoom available on the encoders when the waveform is visible, and TUNE, BIT REDUCTION, etc available only on the other source page with no waveform.
It would work for me, I’ve often thought that’s how it should be.

4 Likes