The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I don’t know if it’s possible but it would be nice to affect all tracks when doing parameter clears, while doing control all. In other words… press and hold track - push one encoder - press no = parameter clear of all the 8 tracks of the specific parameter you choose…

1 Like

As someone that would also like to see this implemented, for me it’s for both the midi and the audio tracks.

I can see both would have some fantastic creative possibilities.

Won’t happen. I personally asked a elektron employee in a chat. He said clearly they won’t release any os. Made me sad

I would like to be able to toggle the behaviour of the 1-8 buttons between how they act with FUNC pressed, and how they act without FUNC pressed. I find that I rarely want to trigger the sample when I’m selecting a track for adjusting fx! But of course I would like to be able to play the samples manually, too.

1 Like

Yes, technically you could program anything an ARP could do by hand on the digitakt. But an ARP post sequencer in the chain would allow me to program chords into the digitakts sequencer and manipulate the ARP settings in real time without losing note information, just when they are played back. For me its a way of giving me note freedom without losing what ive programmed, but not so much freedom that im doing shit without intention (I could just play the part like “normal” musicians, but that wouldn’t allow me to do as much synth manipulation as I like). I am looking for a form of MACROscopic control, not MICROsopic like programming the sequencer like you suggested. Yes, I would love for it to be on both MIDI and audio tracks, but seeing as how the sequencer on the audio tracks is monophonic, and you have to play a chord to trigger the arp, I dont see much in adding an arp to those without a major change.

2 Likes

I still want Pong.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to find an option to amend the brightness. Am I missing something? If not I hope a simple fix will be introduced in a future firmware update.

3 Likes

Essential.

My Two Requests:

“Plays Free” option for loops - i understand timestretching won’t be happening although it would be nice for loops of a longer length to be played at a bpm they are designed for.

Individual track nudge a’la the Octatrack.

User customisable colours, maybe achieved as a plugin for ableton to then access Overbridge and change the chroma tone ratios.
i would like to make everything purple and orange.

Having spend some time now with it, I love the machine as is, but these are the things I would like to see which would propel it into magic Christmas land to me:

• I don’t see how an EQ would fit into the workflow without making things a mess, but various bandpass filter options, where encoder F gives various db/Oct settings, would totally do the trick.

• a compressor on the master page. Please.

• ram / drive+ space used indicators.

• zoom at src page, although I don’t see it happening without making drastic workflow changes…

• remember pattern/global mute mode on power off.

• direct pattern switch option in settings menu. Making it possible for patterns to switch in an instant.

• lock to global tracking option in settings menu. As in the ability to change track length and speeds without losing sync to global playback. Most welcome for live situations.

• A variety of envelope curve settings. Envelopes are kind of dull at the moment. They are usable, but exponential for starters would be most welcome.

• record sample at a set amount of bars or beats. This would be amazing for sampling arps and what not. It would also open the doors to thorough slicing.

• midi internally routable. This is a complete no-brainer. It opens up so many options that it’s just silly not to include.

• dunno about you, but has anyone ever used the quantize or assign page? I guess it’s impossible to change them to something more useful, because of the print on the front plate though…

That’s it so far :). I totally accept the digitakt as is. It’s a beautiful and inspirational piece of gear. But if some or all of the above could be incorporated… Wow…

2 Likes

OK :slight_smile: the assign page is a bit of a mistery to me though as pushing src and turning encoder D is pretty much as quick as pressing func+assign :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Neither are new requests, but after months of using the Digitakt, I still want these:

It would be nice to remove the time limit for sampling. I’d like to be able to grab a whole acappella in one go and have it on one track, rather than have to break it up into multiple parts.

Also, I’m finding I barely use midi, it just didn’t gel with some of my gear and I got frustrated trying to get it to work. It would be nice if any of the tracks could be audio or midi rather than 8 x 8.

1 Like

after realising the tracks have individual length capacity, my previous request for “Plays Free” option now seems irrelevant to some degree.

individual tempo track nudge would be pretty awesome for DJ’ing with the Digitakt.

and the option to send a muted track out to the Headphones would be pretty amazing with a user parameter of Headphone send level/boost being in a global setting perhaps.

1 Like

Individual Track scaling all the way, Audio and MIDI
I’ll settle for MIDI
Why bring out a device 7 years ago and give it better MIDI (invented 30 years ago)
than something you bring out in 2017?
I feel a bit robbed by how poor the MIDI is on this device, genuinely,
It’s sold as a sampler/midi sequencer no?
then why does the MIDI on something like an electribe mx-1 shit all over it?

Except for the handful of bugs that have been reported with midi for the box, what else do you find trash about the midi that would have you eliminate it totally? I find its implementation pretty good when it’s working, and midi assignment is relatively easy. It’s not great but I don’t think I would want it eliminated.

1 Like

Sorry, you replied to the wrong person, I never said I wanted to get rid of MIDI
I just want it to be as good as octatracks midi, it’scode they have already written.
I basically bought this 70% for midi, 30% the per step shiz

1 Like

apologies, i suspected that after i hit the reply button.

2 Likes

Remove unused samples from RAM.

Sometimes you have loaded too many samples but its time consuming to unload them. I am using the Elektron pack ‘hotwire’ and have loaded too many kicks and toms into this project whilst I look for the right sound.

3 Likes

A more intuitive fill mode. It would be nice to press and hold fill and then press one or more tracks to do on the fly fills. The current method of setting up fills in the conditional page takes too long and doesn’t allow for individual fills.

Basically something like push’s repeat mode where you click and hold repeat and a pad.

I haven’t found this to be unintuitive. View Ram, select samples, Unload them. Unless we are referring to something different

1 Like

also retrig amount!

2 Likes