The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

ability to audio scrub through a sample similar to how the Roland 760 sampler allows this, for quickly previewing sounds in an audio file … similar to how a film reel sounds as it is quickly moved past the magnetic playback zone.

1 Like

I’m pretty satisfied with the audio side of things. I’m quite happy to accept it’s limitations, as what it offers is super creative. The MIDI side of things however I’m left a little underwhelmed. Definitely seems underdeveloped.

I’d love (and probably echo others):

1. MIDI Re-Trigs

2. LFO to access the note/pitch & velocity.

3. Tempo SCALE per track.

4. MIDI Apeggiator (as in the Octatrack)

5. LFO Designer (as in the Octatrack)

2 Likes

I dind’t think i’d miss it, but i do, sorely.

The more I use this thing, the more I just want copying a full pattern (sounds, trigs, midi setup, FX, the whole works) to be a quick operation.
The amount of steps that are currently necessary to accomplish this at the minute are frankly ridiculous, and it means that if I want to make a variation on a pattern, I end up turning the machine off after a few of the steps, because the mood’s gone.

just function copy, go to new pattern, function paste. done. complete replica of all tracks, sounds and settings.
unless I misunderstand what you’re trying to do.

6 Likes

… I can’t believe you’re actually right. I’m sure I’ve done that before and it didn’t work, and I’m sure it was outside of trig mode!
This changes everything! I’ve been so frustrated by this, haha. Well, that’s pretty embarrassing, but the fact that I can now do what I want does take the sting out a little bit :flushed:

7 Likes

happy days :slight_smile:

1 Like

A feature similar to slicing but instead it is just grouping and assigning a set of samples to chromatic mode on one pad. It would let you play a sample set similarly to a sliced up drum groove but with more ease of use and the ability to switch in and out different one shots.

5 Likes

I dont know if it was already asked, but i would love to sée thé copy pattern work lile on thé PO 32 le you can copy pattern , then past to another during séquencer play, at thé end of thé pattern it switch to thé one you copy to, automatic, so no gap in sound… No sûre im really clear, Pô user will surely understand.

2 Likes

Yea, makes sense to me a few people have said they want that and it would make sense with the way the digitakt already works well as a live improve based machine. One trick for now is to copy your pattern then turn up the delay feedback and time hit stop once and then switch patterns and paste it, it will let you bleed into the switch making it some what seemless

1 Like

Another thing you can do is have a track with a long sample (maybe a resample of the combined audio)but only use a small section at the beginning. If you set the decay to infinite(I think?) when you press stop the rest of the audio in the long sample will play out, if the sample is looped it will keep on repeating till you are ready to paste the pattern.

This machine needs a 2nd LFO per channel! Also please add global retrig! And please for god sake make the random LFO wave only go negative when negative depth is set. As it is at the moment negative values are selected when positive depth is dialed. This often results in sample slot0 being selected (off) when using the LFO to pick samples randomly. Also make the depth go to 127… this makes a lot of things easier…

1 Like
  • all 16 sample trig-buttons mode
  • quick appointment different samples to different trig-buttons from file manager
  • sample slicing / chopping

it will be a legendary sampler…

1 Like

Shortcut requests:

Preview a step by tapping FUNC while holding the trig down.
FUNC+TRACK+COPY to copy a track and it’s steps.

Pwease

8 Likes

an option to cut off sample tails when switching patterns, if that’s possible.
(I use a lot of long loops and 8 bar trig conditions, sample tails can be quite awkward to deal with)

Absolutely, being able to audition a trig would be wonderful. On Circuit, muting a channel means the sequencer no longer sends data, but auditioning a step still works. This makes it a great performance tool, allowing you to play trigs that have either different samples on them, different settings, or on Midi channels: storing a chord to a trig and live-playing it.
It would also allow me to map different settings for my KaossPad to different steps, and play those by hand.

1 Like

Yes! Patterns get quite hard to keep track of individual triggers when you start introducing p-locked sample sources especially.

1 Like

total agreement. Especially if I just added something nice on a pattern that I added to another, copying the sound and the trigs would be amazeballs. FUNC + TRK + CPY ftwwwww!!

2 Likes

Can you not use a yellow lock at the end of the pattern to kill the tails?

While I agree, that shortcut won’t do. In grid recording mode TRK+Func+copy already copies the sound in stead of the track. Come to think of it, in grid recording mode doing that shortcut and then func+copy to copy the track (steps) should put those both in memory to paste. And pasting can be done the same way whilst in grid recording mode.
Not the same as copying at once, but pretty close to it. Not able to test this right now though.