The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

TRK+COPY/CLEAR: copy or clear the track
PTN+COPY/CLEAR: copy or clear the pattern

2 Likes

I find the above less intuitive

I will probably get used to it eventually but having the same button combination for 2 different actions depending on the context leads to mistakes - which are undoable but still slowing down the process for me.

3 Likes

What about flam? Oh yeah and please add BPM to the LFOā€™s destinations! Could be fun! :wink:

3 Likes

I would love to see the on/off checkbox for retrigs as seen on the rytm or even a mode within conditional trigs to use for example the PAGE button like the retrig button on rytm.

I wish they would expand the TUNE parameter a lot for extreme pitching and an overall higher octave range like the keyboard in a midi machine.

dedicated FX track and FX LFO.

then itā€™s a killermachine.

2 Likes

I was just going to suggest making the tune parameter go a lot more octaves. Nice one :slight_smile:

Itā€™s disappointing that, when I change the ā€œnoteā€ of a sample, the tune parameter actually gets influenced in that it wonā€™t go higher/lower relative to the amount of semi tones lower/higher at the note parameter.

1 Like

Been said but zooming on the source sample wave view is essential! And OMG, let us delete a dir folder without deleting its contents first!!!

4 Likes

Has anyone mentioned adding the ability to zoom on the source sample wave view? That would be a nice feature :wink:

3 Likes

I would really appreciate being able to apply the reverb and delay to incoming, monitored audio

6 Likes

Per track tempo multiplier (have one track at 1/2 time, etc.) Would be a nice addition considering the short pattern length for anyone trying to do longer runs, and low resource requirements to accomplish.

Kits for external midi instruments (would be really nice to not have to remember all those cc# every time I start a new pattern)

The ability to rename midi encoders to reflect what they are controlling.

Be able to select the tracks that ā€œcontrol allā€ affects

Arpeggiator!!!

More global settings (midi sync and channel settings). I feel like I have to set it up every time I wanna mess around. Maybe just global Defaults so I can change them per pattern if I want to, but not a requirement.

I feel the muting of trigs should be a primary function and not a secondary (requires pressing a second button and by default deletes the note information that was stored). in other words, it should require that you press a second button to clear the note info, and not when muting a particular trig. This would allow for complicated sequences to be recalled and partially muted so you can build up or bring in and out notes without deleting the trig info by default. Makes it much more playable imo.

Use the Master section for something else. I dont usually need to see all the volumes on one page. Put the arp or something here!

4 Likes

One thing I find myself missing a lot is automation on effects.
My preferred way would be to have a track for the effects where you could record the delay and reverb settings into trigs, and where envelope and lfo settings could be.

Agreed entirely!

Please provide a way to delete all unused samples from a project. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Also I would prefer if the default COPY function when in grid editing mode copied the SOUND + TRACK, not just TRACK. Itā€™s handy having the ability to copy them separately, but most often I am looking to copy both TRACK + SOUND, which is currently very fiddly, requiring a lot of button pressesā€¦

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a few more:

• Copy/Paste kit data between patterns.

• Preselect mutes (feature on Rytm) - When you release the Press and hold [FUNCTION] and then any of the [PADS] in order to preselect a mute, or mute/unmute several tracks in one go. Once you release [FUNCTION], the selected mutes will come into effect.

• Transpose note - In step mode arrow up/down to transpose note data on audio and midi tracks.

FUNC + Sample Start to Snap to Transient for setting start points on drum loops etcā€¦!

Perhaps a touch finer adjustment too!

4 Likes

Snap to zero crossing would go a long way.

6 Likes

Not having some basic warping for loop bpm sync makes me wanna cry, its so agonisingly close to being a perfect machine.
I absolutely love the DT but i yearn for that feature every single time i use it, aka every day.

2 Likes

Yeah its necessary, it really feels like its missing so that you go & buy an Octatrack. Which sucks, when you can write history by making a killer machine. Aka SP1200.

5 Likes

IĀ“m thinking about synth voices to make this machine what it is named.
ā€œDigital Drumcomputerā€, itĀ“s still a sampler with massive sequencer stuff, or sample based rythm composer ā€¦
Everything starts with a simple tone generator, amp and adsr already exists, put some noise to it, combine everything with the sequencer and there we are ā€¦

Or would this be something we will see in a machine like digivoice? :alien:

what happened to the ā€œdouble monoā€ input? sure, those signals get summed i hope ā€¦ but what about saving space and costs with a single stereo jack? iĀ“m sure there is no intension to be stereo at some time, this would cause double DSP processing comparing to no master compressor iĀ“m sure you ran out memory :stuck_out_tongue:
this is the point where iĀ“m starting to ask myself what really happens here ā€¦ recording at 24/48 stereo and playback at 44,1/16 mono with phase accurate summing of both signals? seems like a lot of processing ā€¦ and thereĀ“s an auto normalization function in between, possible to get some adjustments to this? if it can analyze the master peak level of the recording, why not analyzing transients aswell and slicing them?

iĀ“m also a fan of a master compressor, audio input master effect routing, song mode, more filter types (especially resonant BP), more effect types (delays, reverbs, chorus, flanger ā€¦) and modular ready gate outputs for each midi track ā€¦ (beatstep style),

one thing iĀ“m still waiting from all of you hardware guys is giving the possibility to shift the clock inside that MIDI latency universe!
2-4ms latency is a big gap for my transient sensitive ears and thatĀ“s why i still need a proper DAW to adjust!
clock shifting on each MIDI channel or either on all would give more flexibility inside a MIDI gear for real sync junkies!
that MIDI thang sucks and the USB Clocking stuff sucks even more.

i guess if you swap the jacks there will be enough space for something like a ā€œableton linkā€ ready WIFI module ā€¦
i can help you with this, or you can steel this idea from me :wink:

old school MIDI jacks look nice, but theyĀ“re more expensive and suck space! in case of those jacks iĀ“m heading to multiple adaptered MIDI outs in MK2 :wink: and gate/cv outputs!

what about some mobile powering solutions made by elektron? DT is small enough to have a session while travelling!
or make it mobile power ready in MK2

all of the buttons are still very noisy and makes super silent ā€œdonĀ“t disturb your girlfriend while sheĀ“s sleepingā€ nights very painful :frowning:

a really experimental but mighty feature would be track cueing to have an additional output ā€¦

maybe it doesnĀ“t sound like this, but iĀ“m a real and experienced elektron fan since a couple of years. DT forced me to join this forum and iĀ“m just thinking about what could make a mighty machine more powerful.

cheers out there

2 Likes

Really love using my Digitakt as a hub/switch between my MIDI keyboard and my synths. Unfortunately Iā€™m really missing the ability to use the mod wheel and aftertouch on my MIDI keyboard while using this configuration. Hope this could be easily added in a future update :D.

2 Likes

Hi I see quite a few people requesting arepeggiator. Can you elaborate? This seems not so necessary to me at first glance, because you have chromatic mode and polyrhythm capability. This should allow you to create any type of arpeggiation on any midi device or sample-track? Am I overlooking anything?

2 Likes