The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I would love to be able to cue a track to headphones to get some more outputs! Would be nice for preparing tracks while the rest goes out through mains and it would also make it easier to process with hardware fx :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Appreciate the need for differentiating the product line but for Ā£600, this needs a decent eq. Compressor would be nice too. Basic stuff.

4 Likes

A sample input clip indicator would be very useful as Iā€™m never quite certain how hard Iā€™m driving the input. Obviously if I hear unwanted distortion I back off, but a visual indicator would be very helpful. Also, Iā€™m curious if the sample input uses a soft-limiter circuit or algorithm?

1 Like

Itā€™s 24 bit and thereā€™s a level indicator so you can see how loud it is. Just donā€™t hit the end. No need to record loud with a 24 bit AD converter. And digitakt normalizes automatically.

It does have a lot of headroom beyond the maximum level indicator. So if you hear clipping, you are waaaaay beyond that :wink:

3 Likes

Reverb width, LFO for effects

3 Likes

Ok here I go with my wishlist for the Digitakt.

• Factory samples from the Analog Rytm (Oh how I miss some of themā€¦)
  • 254 sample slots instead of 127.
  • More filters types (band pass, peak and a couple of LP variants would be nice)
  • Global compressor on the master page.
  • Expanded sample editor after sampling with vertical zoom, jump to zero crossing and fade out/in.
  • Possibility to load +Drive sample into the sample edit mode to create a new one.
12 Likes

Nailed it. All very realistic feature requests.

1 Like

No reason for it to be an additional mode, that I can see. ā€˜Chromaticā€™ could just be one of the scales on offer, with a keyboard layout like the Digitakt has by default. Other modes would offer two rows, two octaves.
Not to invite comparison, but the Novation Circuit has it set up this way, and it works really well.

My request would be:
Trig monitoring/previewing.
This would play the note/sample applied to the trig, with any p-locked parameters, or the chord on midi channels, so you could preview slices etc.

• Non linear adsr

• Midi arp

• More filter options

• Chorus, Phaser, Flanger

• More bitcrushing / overdrive options

• Midi Auto learn (so when you move a knob or fader on an ex synth, it automatically assigns within digitakt)

• Slicing

• Individual speeds per track (so one maybe running at 1x, with another running at 3/4 for instance)

• Pong on the screen (hey if itā€™s good enough for Korgā€¦)

Edited to say - ooh more lfos would be great

2 Likes

no, please - NO !!! its perfect that the Digitakt focusses on the Pattern for everything! Kits just prevent you from doing a real production on these units! they are nasty !!!

4 Likes

Agreed.

Haha

Ok maybe we can agree on that it is optional. You just leave it the way it is - and I enable the new ā€œnasty-modeā€œ!

In terms of performance kits are not nasty at all. If you chain two pattern because you need more steps you cant manipulate the kit on the DT in a consistant way, because in fact it is two kits alternating. That is nasty imho.

Peace.

3 Likes

Sign me up for Nasty Mode, as well.

6 Likes

Aye me too. Kits make so much more sense to me given Iā€™m likely to want o have multiple patterns using the same sound sourcesā€¦

4 Likes

MIDI retrig please!

You are all clearly much better at not making mistakes than me - but the number of times Iā€™ve cleared the whole pattern rather than a single track with ā€˜clearā€™ makes me want an undo option (or a ā€œreally clear pattern y/nā€ on clear pattern)

3 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but canā€™t you just repeat the clear action to undo?

2 Likes

Repeating the key combo will undo any paste or clear action

1 Like

damn - could have sworn I tried that! thank you

4 Likes
  • As far as EQ just a high and low cut would be nice.
  • The up/down arrow suggestion for pattern chaining to repeat patterns would be amazing.
  • A way to browse different regions of samples you are using on the SRC page eg: highlight sample with D then press right button to access a list of different steps you are using on the pattern/project with that sample, maybe tap right again to preview?