The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Interesting already 18 people clicked :heart:️ for this…

At the end I think the volume level can simply be taken out of the display
It is written on the knob itself and can appear If touched)
Also volume is on this knob all the time (So no reason to specify on the screen)
Less is more (gestalt law of simplicity)
It only confuses…

3 Likes

Sorry I guess I didn’t really understand what you were saying. So you want one or both of the audio inputs to take trigger/gates and convert them to midi. And you also want the audio output to be able to output triggers? Since I assume the I/O are not DC coupled I don’t think this is possible without a physical hardware mod. However you can use cv->midi to get trigs in and midi->cv to get trigs out. But this still won’t do what you want because the trick that they are showing is using a 1gate->1clockadvance type of sequencer, which is just not how the DT works at all. Maybe, if they added individual clock divisions per track (a feature that I desperately want) then you could also set a track to only advance a step when it receives an incoming note/trigger.

1 Like

This trick playing on the timing and the swing.
Via update,transform the input to trigger out.

Digitakt is only receptive signal

You talk about the analog, but digitakt is digital and the boutiques ACB copy, so via update and soft it should be considerable and innovate in the field.

This requires more skill in arduino programming and coding than buying hardware.

What is extraordinary is that in addition to the midi set on the Boutique, there is the interface cv and trigger that allow another game in real time. On the video there is the midi clock, it is a fact between the two Shopsynth, and there is the Trigger that allows this effect.
By simply updating now, could the entries of the digitakt be changed to Trigger out (like the TR 09)?

The TB 03 and the TR 09 complement each other.
I dare not even think of three, with the SH 01 … see more!

I want to do that with my digitakt.
Clocked and pass the trig via my input.
The sequencer is so cool

I do not have any inside information, but I imagine that it is physically impossible for Elektron to convert the audio inputs of the Digitakt into trigger outputs by updating the firmware.

1 Like

That’s what I was trying to say. If the inputs are AC coupled its not gonna happen. The way to do something equivalent digitally would be creating an internal envelope follower which detects incoming audio and a certain threshold and translates that into meaningful midi information. You also wouldn’t need to use triggers, any audio with a decent attack transient would work. This is all technically possible and probably cool but I think it is 0% likely to happen on the DT.

request:

an ability to exclude specific tracks from the TRK:All parameter tweaking.
the screen could match the midi cc one / master screen, where you just click down on 8 x dials that represent each track.

end result.
i can mangle a lot of things without impacting the drums .
i know theres already a work around but i plocking all the parameters i want to stay the same takes ages.

2 Likes

request.

a form of TRK:ALL parameter tweaking for midi.
e.g on any midi cc page, i could hold TRK : knob 1 and it would alter whatever is assigned to knob 1 on all unmuted midi tracks.

combine it with my previous request and it would be really nice and controllable.

You can transpose multiple trigs by holding them down and p-locking. Not quite a track transpose but does speed things up.

1 Like

Excellent! A Transpose of the trigs would be, a very good idea of ​​update for christmas 2017!!!

1 Like

or you could use a sample that is an octave higher/lower and you only change 1 value/item , i.e SRC

i don’t understand,tell me more please.

if you change the sample (SRC) to be a higher octave you are only updating ‘1 thing’ in order to alter all of the chords/bassline to sound like it has been raised an octave.

many sample libraries supply the sound from multiple octaves.

otherwise to raise the octave you update all of the notes which can be a lot of work.

1 Like

OK test in process.

Add a slot for an SD card so we can record, import and save tracks. Make it the affordable Elektron version of the Electribe so I can use it for more than just drum machine. I would have to buy an Octatrack with the Digitakt for it to be useful.

I heard this will happen in the next OS update.

17 Likes

If they add the SD card slot in next version for Digitakt and Analog Rytm that would be awesome. BUT since I am planning to get an Octatrack, not really an issue. I liked the demo of the Digitakt but rather get MKII version of the Analog Rytm.

param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig param slide trig!!:pl:

1 Like

Parameter locks should always slew/slide imo. There should be an option to turn off/on for the entire pattern which can be saved with the pattern for the 1% of the time that someone might want choppy discrete parameter changes instead of smooth.

3 Likes

. pressing page and up or down arrows while in step recording mode, to move pages on the sequencer ( although it makes more sense to use the left - right
arrows to move between pages and use up - down buttons to nudge the tempo)

. trig previews like on the AK …( but without changing the pitch while previewing the trig , so we can find the route note easily)