The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I would like to transpose notes in the MIDI tracks. I don’t think this is possible with 1.04, correct?

Thanks vey much.

One thing I have spotted that I would like (in addition to all the things everyone wants like project and sample backup!) is for there to be some kind of play mode where the trig keys are latched in a mode where they are used for pattern selection. IE a way to latch the PTN button down.

I quite like operating the DT and selecting patterns on the fly while operating other kit…I would like to be able to press (say) FILL then a TRIG button for a new pattern without having to press Fill, then PTN, then the TRIG button for the pattern I want. I’m usually doing this with one hand and keep being too late pressing the TRIG in time for the pattern to come in after the fill.

Oh yea and if there is a compressor, please the usual Rytm, MD sidechain HPF…

Because without that HPF…

• track nudging !!!

i think a couple more resample options would be really nice. …like the ability to resample a specific track… set resample to track 7 only, for example.

3 Likes

Loop Machine Mode incl. overdub function.

If I understand what you are saying, I think you can do that with the microtiming left/right arrows when in step record mode.

1 Like

not sure . i mean nudging the whole track in full steps :>> so when u jammed a pattern but started the bassline on step 5 7 (or whatever step) Nudging could make u let the tracks notes of the pattern move to step one… 0r whatever step, and keep thesequence in tact

Func+arrow right or left when in grid recording mode

1 Like

yesss. OMg. has that been there since 1.01 ???
tnx!!!

3 Likes

Probably was mentioned but a big issue for me is the single delay and reverb timing and filtering. Id like to at least have the ability to set delay/reverb times and frequencies per track or even better to use it with parameter locks. I understand the technical limitations here (as many delays as triggers is pretty consuming) but then again, these are digital delays we’re talking about and the single delay time per pattern is very limiting.

1Gb is also very little, I have like 200 Gbytes of samples, obviously not using all of them but its much easier to experiment with samples on the Digitakt than on my PC so this should have been at least 5Gb. A 64Gbyte USB stick costs me 20 bucks…

0 Dbfs is not market on the master volume and you can easily get clipping.

Filters were mentioned like a hundred times and I don’t get why they didnt add more filter modes and types. You NEED a bandpass filter for any kind of sampling just to get rid of unwanted frequencies, its not even a creative choice, if you will just add samples with all kinds of low end mumbling you will have problems, a simple bandpass filter would have been great to avoid that, so direct sampling is useless in a lot of cases without using a DAW to actually do the filtering first there.

Probably just a bug: when I’m controlling a MIDI device chords wont play when just pressing the trig key. When you actually add the trig key to the pattern it works however: tested this with the Korg Minilogue.

Another thing which probably cannot be changed now is that they should have gone with 96khz sampling rate especially for sampling anything with fast transitions from an analog source you get aliasing at 48khz.

It is possible, you can use the upper knobs on the MIDI track TRIG page to transpose (works with parameter locks too)

That’s 13 days of cd quality samples! :grinning:
Long set…

Bought lots of sample packs when there were big sales etc. But they are very well organized, so everything is in it’s place.

this thread is awesome

btw sounds like everyone wants an OT lol

1 Like

The point is that you’ll never use it all. And it’s useless to have such amounts of samples on something like digitakt. Also, digitakt samples are mono, so 1 GB is actually a lot. If you are just spamming all kinds of samples on it without thinking about what you actually will use, I think you need to reconsider your workflow ;). Digitakt certainly is not a substitution for an entire DAW.

My request ,tell me if it’s possible ?

Use the Input way like a trigger out to sequence,TB 03 or SH 01.

Take the gate out signal from vintage gears!

1 Like

As there are two inputs, this could make two trigg out to drive vintage.I’m talking about, driving cv signal.Then with Elektron technology, Two tracks among the eight others, could be switched to receive a CV message (gate out) and make the digitakt concept so flexible.

With the next updates can we hope for this new perform?

1 Like

Why not just get a Midi to Trig converter? Super cheap and useful. If you have Eurorack, Ladik makes a great cheap one with 12 outputs. There’s also a desktop unit called CV.OCD which gives you 4 cv outs and 12 gate/trigger outs.

2 Likes

Yes not da midi channel trick :troll: …When you have a well-round sequence, on the TB 03 …
You output the sequence, by Trigger In … on an Out trigger and on the keyboard, the sequence is split on the number of step shadow.

By modifying the accent the whole structure of the sequence changes, moves

9’44
check for this trick
https://youtu.be/KzQNMzv5Dgg