The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Parameter Slides really are a gaping chasm in the DT flow.

Also I am used to trigless trigging retrig rate on the Rytm, no such luxury on the DT.

Water distiller and pineal gland decalcifyer on track 8. Come on.

4 Likes

Agree an option would be nice but I have many situations that sliding would not be preferred.
Different filter cutoffs for steps without hearing the sweep in between, long hold and release on one step short on the next without the first one shortening, and in general pitch, delay time, fx send amount, vol, overdrive, lfo speed and depth, sample length, to name someā€¦

1 Like

I guess for me it would make more sense to slew for plocks made with live recording, but not so much for presicion step editingā€¦

I think weā€™d be lucky to get on or off with the budget-oriented DT.

2 Likes

I should have worded that differently.
I fully agree with having parameter slides absolutely, or a slew switch would be cool.
The rest I was just stating uses of when I believe slide is not preferredā€¦
I guess what I wouldnā€™t want is all slewed with no option switch, thatā€™s allā€¦

2 Likes

1.) clock fall back: DT is configured for clock send and receive. Itā€™s master for a chain of A4/AR/MD/OT. On first power up the chain works with DTā€™s clock, here 120bpm. After starting the DAW it slowly levels in to expected 106bpm. When shutting DAW down DTā€™s clock runs like crazy, somwhere inbetween 280-300bpm.

2.) pattern change over MIDI: It seems that an incoming programm change (no matter which port) switches the pattern by chance. Though the pattern change via MIDI (i.e. A4/AR) does not support itā€™s manual counterpart you can rely on change at the end of the sequence and set a PC according some beats prior. On DT I watched an odd behaviour - the pattern seems to change somewhere in between the sequence.

Song mode similar to the Rytm/A4/OT. This is the only thing that is preventing me from buying this device.

3 Likes

Yo! Can anybody tell me if thereā€™s a way to trigger patterns via midi note on the DT?

Currently, there is no such feature on the DT. There is not yet any (Multi) Map like on the MD, MM, or AF/AK.

MIDI Program Change messages should select patterns on the DT in the usual Elektron style.

2 Likes

Thanks @phaelam and @PeterHanes

Yā€™all reckon it might be a feature coming that just hasnā€™t been banged on the firmware?

I mean, itā€™s not a deal breaker if it never shows up- but with the DT saving BPMs COULD make for a really cool trick :slight_smile:

I donā€™t have a DT so I donā€™t know how it is to work with, and I have zero knowledge of Elektronā€™s plans, but I suspect that this is the sort of feature that doesnā€™t meet the apparent simplicity requirements for the DT.

2 Likes

Ah, shoot!

If itā€™s Elektron surely thereā€™s a way to rig it. Maybe have the A4 be the master of patterns, and the DT master of tempo and have random notes sent to the A4 to change the pattern and the DT will follow and alter the tempo as well.

(I just realized that Iā€™m only a short skip away from being a generative musician someday)

^^^this

2 Likes

All I REALLY want is finer control over the sample start.

2 Likes

Is it possible to route the midi tracks internally? Like for extra LFO or stuff? Asking for a friendā€¦

Not yet you can tell your friend :wink:

1 Like

make your sample shorter and you have finer control as the 120 units are covering a smaller set of data/bytes
not ideal , zoom into sample would be great , and editing a sample once its been saved (without resampling it again).

Andā€¦ I wish all the [x]:[x] conditions didnā€™t come after the x% conditions (which I never use - guess my music is just too predictable!)

Perhaps, the Off condition could be in the middle of the range, with x% conditions when turned to the left, and fill, bar-fill, 1st, bar-1st, and [x]:[x] when turned to the right?

12 Likes

The digitakt will be soā€¦
ā€¦with a new model of scale signature per track like OT

1 Like

Iā€™ve just notice that there is no transpose, it may be done by simply pressing Track button and Up/Down while being in Chromatic mode .Instead of transposing keyboard.