The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

The delay and reverb pages aren’t attached to a pattern so this wouldn’t be possible. What Elektron could do I guess is add the ability to sacrifice an audio track for master fx p-locking.

I need to save them for my live set (electronics+bass guitar+guitar).
I need like 10 or 12 slots so that for each song I can set up a whole set of patterns to chain, intro, verse 1, chorus, verse 2, etc, and press play and not having to worry about pattern changes while I sing. And then on instrumental parts I can do some live manipulation on the Digitakt.
Preferrably I’d be able to go in and out of song mode, when we want to expand and improvise on a particular pattern.

At this point, if you want to use the DT in the setup you describe, your best option is a midi pedal that sends program change messages. You would not be on autopilot, but you’d be stomping to change patterns with your feet. Not quite what you envision, but that’d be the workaround if you think the DT is right for you.

I’m hyped by most of the features, especially the ability to automate patch changes on an external synth, but yeah, for what I do, the absence of a song mode is a bummer. A MIDI pedal would be a good idea but I’ve been there on previous gear and it’s pretty hard to focus on singing while having to think about triggering the next pattern change (also you need to be near the pedal most of the time). So I guess I’ll check out Elektron’s next update…

1 Like

dear Santa…
per track scaling.
timestrech (for loop bpm sync).
conditional p-locks (as opposed to trigs).
track eq as well as filter.
master comp.
:smile:

4 Likes

+another for conditional p-locks in addition to trigs! Holy sh*+ that’d be crazy!

2 Likes

ability to hear everything instead of having to remove the conditional trig condition to hear it.?
just a magic button combo or midi cc

maybe get easier if its going to be visual in overbridge.

1 Like

Or - just sacrifice a MIDI track, and run the MIDI out and back in: Set the track to send MIDI on the auto channel (14 by default). CC 84 is delay feedback. Plock away!

6 Likes

Oh yeah! You sir are a genius! This where the renaming cc feature would come in handy…

Yeah but Im used to working without kits so it’s not a problem, if they add them in an update it’d be nice though!

1 Like

There was a proposition to overcome this lack of song mode : midi out to midi in, one midi track for pattern changing, and you can trig condition to get several repetitions.
Theoretically could work.
Still have to prove the concept, but in a way it seemed rather interesting.
You can event set different trig conditions (e.g. Fill) so that it fork in another direction when you want…
:tongue:

Is there any obvious limitation that prevents this? I had exactly this in mind the other day, but never tested it. Seems lika a nice solution to me. Along with individual track scaling this would do a whole song no problem.
Can the DT both recieve and send program changes?

Apparently it works but there’s a bug, if you hit stop twice it causes a midi feedback loop and crashes.

1 Like

you can set allready conditions to trigless triggs. :wink:
or do you guys mean something else ?

( yeah, i was also totally overlooking the possibility to set conditions to the trigless triggs until two days ago when the same wish arised here too :wink: …nearly unbelievable that its allready there , haha)

TOTALLY !

AND a visual feedback which triggers are set to fill .
(probably) in conjuntion with above (better allways)
(different colour of the trig )

1 Like

I was more thinking that you can assign conditions to a p-lock on an actual trig. I can’t use a trig-less trig to conditionally change a sample on the trig right after the trig fires a sample, can I? I’ll have to try some stuff… I think what you’re talking about works for effects and envelopes, but maybe not other p-locks. I have made some trig-less trigs that change variables on the LFO on a track with a long decay… I’m going to type “trig” one more time for good measure.

Trig!

1 Like

I understand what you mean.
yes, would be great ! though more of a dream for the next big sampler thing from elektron if it ever comes vs. the DT

Octatrack X2 :wink: lets hope

That’s intriguing, but then you lose the ability to sequence external gear from the Digitakt, I guess?

Not if you use USB out for sequencing.

Ability to create and save a default pattern with CC assigned etc. Surely that’d be pretty easy…? I know we can copy & paste, but it’s pretty tiresome. And then you have to do it all again if you realise you got a few little things wrong the first time you set it up.

2 Likes