The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

clever thinking

1 Like

Remember Copy/Paste also works within the Project Menu. So very easy to copy your template to a new slot.

3 Likes

works fine for me :grin:

Slide trigs. Live p-lock recording doesnā€™t make too much sense without it.

5 Likes

why the hell does everyone add only swing to quantize when the worlds full of other rhythms?

quantize > world
quantize > jazz
quantize > r&b
quantize > soul
quantize > bantu
etc. etc. etc.

or math

quantize > euclidean !!!

euclidean

or the ubiquitous break

quantize > amen brother !!!

amen brother > winstons
amen brother > nwa
etc.

quantize > random

hopefully not so people just go braindead using presets, but to learn other rhythms, or as a base to jump off of

2 Likes

wish:
_better visualisation when holding BANK in regards which Banks have content and which ones have not !!! MUCH REQUIRED ( or do i overlook something ?)

_better visualisation of where in the Beat i am when doing FILL !
__two points/possibilitys on this
_ 1. show me a beat count: quarter notes on step 1-4 (tap-tap-tap-tap :wink: )
_ 2. a view similar to patt-mute mode: two colours for FILL triggs and un-FILL

oh, and a automatic FUNK quantisation of course.
ā€¦iĀ“d like to just lean back and enjoy, haha

1 Like
  • rename CC, rename Midi track
  • save MIDI track as ā€œINSTRUMENTā€ (same as Sound for Audio)
  • arpegiator
  • internal routing MIDI track ā†’ audio track (LFOs !!)
8 Likes

ok I donā€™t my Digitakt yet, but Iā€™ve been told that if I reload a pattern after CTRL ALL mangling, it will also reload the pattern mute statesā€¦ this seems counter-intuitive for live use, so it would be great to have a (ideally) per-project (like the cue/master track config in the Octatrack) option to ignore pattern mutes on reload

4 Likes

I agree, stumbled over the same thought yesterday.
Though it has to be a user settable option ( quick access ! ), and as you say per project anyway.

1 Like

give the comment a like, so maybe it will stand out moreā€¦?

Can you use the global mutes as a workaround?, I dont think they are affected by the save state.

1 Like

I need transposing in my life! Itā€™s supposed to be a live sequencer, and I need transposing in it more, than a song mode. I need transposing in it more, than anything.

There are enough sequencers with song modes in them, but I am dying to get a sequencer, that you can transpose.

envelope follower

on the filter, lfo, amp, followers everywhere! and of course if compressor gets implemented one there

I know this is not the same thing, but as a workaround for the time being couldnā€™t the pattern be copied, pasted into the next slot, and then tune the original sample up or down to transpose?

2 Likes

I do, too, butā€¦ I never seem to get really useful transposition:

Pretty much every device I have has a transposition feature - but it is transposition by n semitones. This is musically useful if I need to re-pitch a whole track in order to match some change by another musicianā€¦ only this never situation never arises for me.

What I really want is transposition by n scale degrees. Depending on the scale, this will move some notes by one semitone, others by more, and change chord types. This is very musically useful when Iā€™ve got a small figure in a pattern, and then I want to move it to another scale degree, but stay in key. Iā€™m expecting the character of the line to change!

I realize that most devices donā€™t know what key and scale Iā€™m playing inā€¦ but this is what would make transposition really useful for me.

6 Likes

P-locks on delay feedback would be nice, couldnā€™t seem to do that (?)

Better hope you donā€™t want to change any sounds later on then, because you know, ā€˜kitsā€™ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Song mode.
I was actually about to order a Digitakt but checked out if there was indeed a song mode. Itā€™s a deal breaker considering my use of drum machines/samplers. I play synthpop and need to be able to program pattern chains to move the song structure along while I sing.

1 Like

You can pattern chain, you just canā€™t save them.