The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I feel like they were talking about the price point vs the other boxes.

Iā€™ve seen it being mentioned in other treads too. As if Elektron released the DT as a basic tool for basic things. Then why is it called a beat making powerhouse? And not a beat making toy? Just wondering on what people base their opinions on. My guess is assumptions.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had mine for about a monthā€¦ I consider it a powerhouse not a toy!

1 Like

I donā€™t know whether this precisely addresses your question, but one member of staff said ā€œmore economic and simpleā€:

Edit to add another link:

1 Like

That is totally different from ā€œmarketed asā€¦ā€ claims Iā€™m talking about.

A streamlined workflow does not imply less features or basic features. But that is just me. Iā€™m patient and will wait to see what new firmwares bring. We were also promised pattern chaining that rivals song mode. As for now we canā€™t even save the basic chains.

Like I said Iā€™m probably expecting too much.

(Off topic, the forum is mad slow since the downtime)

Simplicity isnā€™t removing or not adding features or functions.

Simplicity is adding those things in a such way itā€™s simple to use. Less menu diving, less ā€œthinkingā€ about what you need to do to achieve your goals.

Anyhow, Iā€™m derailing yet another thread. Just wondered where people get their ā€œDT was marketed as Xā€ things from. Iā€™m sorry mods!

I know this cuz I accidentally did it: double tap patterns to double them up.

1 Like

Oh, I recall it wasnā€™t fast or something, I was making a chain and pressed a pattern twice or something and ended up with the same pattern queued twice in a row. Hope it werks for you :sweat_smile:

Just tried it again, keep holding the other buttons and press the pattern you want to queue up more than once again while holding other buttons. Itā€™ll be a nice workout if you want something like 5-5-8-8-6-6-1-1-2 :smiley:

2 Likes

it would be cool if the track remembered which note you just played in chromatic mode, and then that would be the note selected when putting a step on the sequencer is step-record mode.

it seems to default to the same C3 or whatever it is every time.

5 Likes

a basic EQ for SOUNDS

not sure if this is already mentioned:
but please, please make the midi settings global or make midi setup presets that can be enabled for a new project.

It is annoying to have to go through the midi setup every time a new project is made.
As this does not hapen everyy hour or day or so it is something that causes second thoughts almost everytime I make a new projectā€¦

3 Likes

Why not create a template project with your favourite settings?

6 Likes

IĀ“m with you and agree. Totally !

ā€¦but you are aware that elektron has put each single word that came out of any of the Staff at any fair etc.on a golden balance bevore saying anything ?
thats also much true for Cenk.
I donĀ“t hang myself up on single words theyĀ“d put out but created my own picture in the whole in my head out of it.
they were running at first place for a entry level price tag when designing the DT.
its a totally obvious thing to me, stated many times between the lines of their speaks at the fairs.
and this was translated in my head to ā€œa box for beginnersā€ :wink:

I consider it a Toy. not saying iĀ“m not liking it.
i totally like the DT.

what makes it a Toy for me ?
mono vs. stereo.
1GB RAM, ā€¦no file exchange ( sorry, iĀ“m not interested to hear whats planned. its not here yet)
no sample zoom in sample play window.
and mostly: a limitation to 72 paremater to be locked per pattern.
the last one alone makes its a Elektron Toy. Thats me, YMMV

Tough, they screwed ā€œthe toy statusā€ in the sense that they made the DT beeing the most capable Elektron Box of all so far :wink:
ā€¦thats then my other perspective to look at it. :wink:
so yes, i could also agree that the DT is a powerhouse. very much.
nevertheless, its a Toy. :wink: a great one tough.

sorry, it was not meant to open any dissucssion in this direction. iĀ“,m also tired of those.
i totally forgot about that people have so much problems to take critics on gear they own and like to use.

just this one to close it: a unToy DT would cost somewhere in the 1100$-1400$, retail. thats how it is,
and i would gladly buy it !!

Same specs as the AR sample engine :wink:

More colors for the steps in edit mode.

t would be cool to have different colors for the steps according to the condition trigs. Red for normal, Orange for fill, Yellow for not fill, etcā€¦ that way we can quickly check what the state of our steps.

5 Likes

YES! Oh man. Workflow heaven.

Iā€™d love a diff colour vs the quick blinking for trigs with parameter locks.

1 Like

That doesnā€™t negate the blinking though. The quick blinks fatigue my eyes, or maybe the brightness overall does.

2 Likes

as there is no dedicated function for that, do you mean by creating a project with the useful settings and start every project with this one and the do a ā€œsave asā€ new project?
Not the ideal way, that is too much thinking for me while I try to be creative but it could workā€¦

MD was better on this topicā€¦
I guess DT mk2 will be better as well :slight_smile:
For now DT mk1 will have to be good enough :slight_smile:

Yes.

4 Likes