The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

No, man! Dream BIG with me =)

Instant pattern change please

7 Likes

Love the DT but the lack of transpose for the MIDI tracks is more of a downer than I initially thought it would be. Would love to see this feature added if possible.

1 Like

use pitch bend ?

Change the screen print, lose the drum sound names below trigs 1-8, theyā€™re entirely irrelevant!

5 Likes

Per track scaling,this will make a huge improvement on chord progressionsā€¦ please guys <3

5 Likes

Seconded. It appears the OT is the only Elektron box to have that as of now. Per track scaling will make chords and melodies so much easier. Specially without song mode or pattern chain saving.

4 Likes

Thirded!;)ā€¦ i miss the ā€˜per scalingā€™ thing much much more than i thought i would, seems a crying shame this thing doesnā€™t have it, it would add so much imoā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, but i think it might be an easy feature to addā€¦ I am seriously hoping for just

Midi learn
Per track scalling
Midi retrigs

Just this would make digitakt an amazing piece of gear imoā€¦

3 Likes

Midi retrigsā€¦ mmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes, please.

2 Likes

Multiple Fills: Pressing YES+PAGE gives one cycle in Fill mode. It would be nice that if one could hit YES+PAGE multiple times in quick succession and it will then stay in fill mode for that many cycles.

One can create breaks by muting tracks but the fill condition can also be useful during breaks. Since these will last usually longer than one cycle ā€¦ this feature would be useful.

sample management:
collect all files used in a project and copy into a own folder, Named as the project is.

( i want to wipe all my sample folders without losing all my work !
how could i do otherwise ? )

2 Likes

Per track EQ will be essential. things can get muddy fast without it.

5 Likes

Yeah, even if itā€™s a simple EQ like the Monomachine has.

2 Likes

Even a one knob tilt EQ would be great!

Yeah, an option to remove all unused samples from RAM would be niceā€¦

Then when saving project As it could group 'em all together, hopefully for backup once Elektron have sorted out backing upā€¦

3 Likes

I agree that the sample management could be better. I have also accumulated lots of files and at some point want to clear those up that I actually use somewhere in a pattern. With no indication which samples are in use, it is tedious to clear things up. I try to take notes of the files and their use but it would be nice to have some indication whether samples are in use, or not. The idea to automatically collect used samples into a folder is a good one.

its a standard in the octatrack :wink:

personally i would be lost without a collect all samples command !

the other wish in this regard:

save all samples that have been made within the DT by doing recordings ----->automatically within a folder that is named as the project itself is !
!!! PLEASE !!!

i find it VERY appealing to just do music by sampling into the DT.
but it canĀ“t be it that everything lands in just one folder.
its creating a big mess, really ! ( and please, no fanboy tell me that i just have to name the samples accordingly )

and further: iĀ“d like to save me the time for proper sample naming all the time.
even more so as the ā€œcopy and pasteā€ Name functionality isā€¦screwed / sorry
( yes, so far i do name all samples accordingly :wink: it creates a mess anyway) :wink:

@Elektron : pleae help us to stay away from the computer for making music, please think to these little details.

No, no request for a EQ here, another delay there, a pro+ reverb anyway, 32 tracks, midi-audio exchangable.
no such wishes from me !!
the DT was setup as the entry level toy from elektron, take it as it isā€¦
but please @elektron: do your homework in regards to workflows !!!
and thats mainly also sample-management in ALL its colours and aspects !!!

/rant

1 Like

Can someone please point me to some posts by Elektron staff where they say the DT was meant to be some basic entry level tool? Cuz I see a lot of people claiming that but on what are those statements based?