The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Have a look. Nice work by Cenk. The MIDI segment (part two) showed the inadequacy of Digitakt firmware.

3 Likes

I request
-stability update
-on restarting the device, patterns should revert to the state saved in the project rather than the last active state. I want to turn up and play a show knowing what will be in the pattern, not whatever fucked-up state I last left the pattern in while jamming.
-master compressor would still be great, but if itā€™s a case of pushing the processing capacity too far, I wouldnā€™t trade it for stability of all the other functions.

1 Like

Mute Mode Functions

A solo mode has been requested a few times, but how about an AUDIO mute mode also?

An audio mute would cut the actual audio rather than mute the sequencer track, so you can achieve a gate effect by tapping the trig button (while in audio mute mode)ā€¦ I guess this would be logical opposite of a solo mute mode, as solo would work best if muting the audio of the other tracks. Maybe it would be best if these functions were momentary rather than latching?

Mode of op would be: [FUNC] + [BANK] tap once for MUTE, twice for PATTERN MUTE, three times for SOLO MUTE, four times for AUDIO MUTE

zoom on the SRC page so we dial in precise start, end, and loop points please.

6 Likes

For point 2 you can load your project before starting a gig and itā€™ll load up all the saved patterns from the project rather than the last remembered ones.

1 Like

ha! of course. didnā€™t think of it that way. cool.

1 Like

please, please add the ping pong loop option. it makes complete sense. i use it a lot.
not having it seems to be an artificial restriction.

thank you.

3 Likes

I usually use it that way as well.

Once something is sort of ā€œfinishedā€ I setup the pattern mutes on patterns that need it the save the project and know for sure that when loading up that project everything is ready to go.

Another route is write projecting your ā€œfinishedā€ projects so you can mess with them but not save any changes to them. Or save a project under a different file.

1 Like

I think it should be the other way: it is harder to make dinner movements while pushing the encoder, so use that for the big jumps. [FUNC] + encoder is easy, so make that integer steps.

Actually for performing love live, I want the current functionality: if someone his my power strip switch while Iā€™m playing, I want power on to bring me back as close to where I was as I can.

As for getting into a known state, say at the start of the set: I just load the project from +Drive at there top.

Edit: I love performing live, (not performing Love Live!, nor live performing loveā€¦) (link is very SFW).

Hmmā€¦ Performing love? What exactly are you doing with your Elektron machines? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe consider using a battery :slight_smile:

I second this

it would be cool if we could swap the order around for sampling options on the sample pageā€¦ might be moot, but i think itā€™d be really nice to have ā€œEXT L+Rā€ at the far left and leave ā€œINT L+Rā€ at the far right. That way you can swap between the two really quick on the fly

This has caught me out a few times

1 Like

Negative sample start times. Using microtiming you could emulate flanger effects.

1 Like

Compressor on master outputs.
Accent.

4 Likes

Compression would be sweet. In some of the demo videos Cenk hints at something special for the master page. Iā€™m sure he meant more than controlling the level on all tracks.

It would be outstanding if the Master(FUNC+LFO) page would update to include 4 letters of the sample file name assigned to each track!

2 Likes

Or just the numberā€¦ or a toggle in the menu so we can choose.