The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

audition samples in a pattern before loading it to the project

1 Like
  1. +1 on individual track scaling.
  2. Compressor with side-chaining capability
  3. I know itā€™s 8 voices which limits sample polyphony, which is fine. But maybe give us the ability to live-record multiple tracks at the same time in chromatic mode. That way you could play chords using multiple tracks. Tracks would line up left to right on the keyboard based on a timing-threshold or if timing is above the threshold tracks would line up instead the order you played the notes. If you get what i mean. Alternatively you could set up the chords by tuning the tracks individually like you would oscillators on a modular and then all selected tracks would play on a single note played that would define the ā€œrootā€ note.

Please please pleaseā€¦

When creating many samples from one long sample sourceā€¦ I might want to name them
Amen 1
Amen 2
Amen 3
Amen Kick
etcā€¦

It is SOOOOOOOOO tedious to completely rename and do a dozen clicks for each letter to write the same name over and over againā€¦

Please just have whatever name you used last appear in the save name menu!

Then i would only need to change the END rather than the whole thing!

Thanks

or can i plug in a USB keyboard???

1 Like

You can copy/paste/clear names using the func button and rec/play/stop in the naming screen

3 Likes

usb keyboard :slight_smile:
or browsing the folders on mac/pc and doing it that way.

1 Like

This !

This works if you are doing a bunch of recordings and Naming in one go.
If you work on a pattern or so and use the copy function for something else, a trigger, a page, etc. have you allready lost your bevore copied Name.

Its not sufficient as is, while nobody loses anything when the last used Name would appear.

please think twice bevore defending the ā€œis-stateā€ vs. the good requests

5 Likes

Ah, I get it. Makes sense, would be a good feature to have.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like the option to unlock each track from the clock/tempo and send it a cc that is a gate so I can advance a sequence like you can do with modular synths, either using a cv to gate device, or use a midi track to sequence advancing with triggers, etc.

4 . The ability to model a pitch-over-time curve. Ok probably wonā€™t happen but I think it would be cool for longer samples

please give uz time stretching, argh :sob:

Preparing hundreds of loops n then having to stick to specific tempoā€™s they been prepared at is proving rather limiting.

1 Like

The ability to play sample in a ā€œpingpongā€ way (forward backward forward backwardā€¦)

This would give a nice smooth loop

P lock it

Impossible (or painful) to plock this when loop is very short.

I think this feature would be nice for wave table synthesis.
Today with normal one-way loop, we here a brutal change when cursor jump.

or even an auto-complete of some sort.

yeah a normalize button would be nice, save having to batch normalize on the pc

any official word yet on compression?

p.s. love my digitakt. its so fun.

+1000

it would indeed add alots, mainly for short sample snippets but not only :wink:

why denying good wishes which could be added easily to the UI without harming anybody and not complicating anything ?

Audio direct monitoring:
wish: set in-L and in-R independently to monitor thru on or off !

as the inputs are used anyway in mono, do i record in mono over a aux send for example,
but i have also external audio sources ( eurorack modules in my case) controlled by the DT and would like to send them Thru the DT in ā€œdirect-monitoring-onā€ mode.

as is is the independent use of IN-L and IN-R not really possible while it technically would be, easily.
( Huge risk of feedbacks in my use scenario, so i canĀ“t ever think to switch the Ins to thru )

no official words on anything for firmware updates from what i remember.
Iā€™d guess a few fixes and ui refinements , another stab at quick project save and another fix for rare sample import issues.

iā€™m quite sure if they hint at any new functionality the internet will explode with wild speculation about not only it being added to DT , but also everything else they make.

theyre clever people who can ā€˜do anythingā€™ within reason , but there are probably massive restrictions weā€™re not aware of (not just time , money , cpu power , memory , memory bandwidth , usb transfer limits etc.) and some thoughts to keep some of their range tuned for certain markets / specific things which is very normal for any business.

3 Likes

Zoom on SRC page 2 (when it shows the waveform)ā€¦ Tough to dial it in exactly without zoom. This would be really helpful

3 Likes