The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Solo option (instead of just mutes) please please please. So many times I’m jamming on the DT and want to just hear one sound for a few seconds. I’d rather press one button than press fifteen .

2 Likes

add ability to tag sounds within the sound pool menu and not need to goto manage sounds in order to bring up the right side menu system

ability to tag projects with types , i’m sure in a few months I’ll have many many projects and it’d help to find ‘hip hop’ or ‘electro’ projects.

could use same menu system as sound tags.

and while i’m here , extend the use of tags into the SRC list so i could also filter selection in there too.
although it may need to be ignored when using LFO to change sample slot.

Ability to pause while sampling.

…and variable width bandpass filter :slight_smile:

would like the ability to upgrade to 1.04 :wink:
new filters
retrig on midi
lock global delay/fx parameters.
all the stuff in this feature list.
I’m making this up .

1 Like

I’m sure this is in the thread somewhere but can’t search it (term is too short), but some sort of simple EQ. Even two band would be better than nothing. I doubt we could get this on every audio channel (would be amazing though), but the master would be helpful. For me, this will be less of an issue once OB is released, but for those using live having it ITB should be very helpful.

probably already requested.

a button press combo that would snap numbers to whole numbers , and move in increments of 1
so i can easily dial in sample start points, easily get back to 3 on tune.

i do like accuracy and precision , but sometimes i also want to easily snap to a unit size and not care about it.
or be able to edit the acceleration on the knobs and make them consistent.

i know you can use func + Dial to snap to some values , some of those values are weird too but i wont get in to that.
just give me a big table of numbers to edit and I’ll spend hours tweaking them.
dial number , start , end , snap values , acceleration curve/steps/values , default value , that type of thing.

AND.
slow down the change in steps on the retrig the rate dial .

1 Like

didnt read massive thread but here are my wishes so far

remove the timeout in the lfo destination screen

add an envelope follower and routing menu

ratcheting?

2 lfos per track would be ace! i know, keep on dreamin

more sample track filter types?

make the pitch cover more knob travel and give a greater range

separate outs for the overbridge software? this one is a big wish

round robin would be nice

make midi thru configurable to a second midi out

knob acceleration is killing my creativity

other than that, cant think of much right now. amazing machine with great limits! i want another one!

Hmm this would be especially cool if then we could then motion record the lfo freeing it up again. Wouldn’t really work for free running lfos but still could be neat, but I see why the wouldn’t show it as it could make it hard to see what your center point is for the lfo

Probably easier to just put the values in yourself , use trigs to do some random things.
You can setup the engine sequencer in a similar way and hold record to get the values stored , it seems to be the way it was designed instead if adding more lfo’s.
it works fine.

1 Like
  • LFO to trigger page parameters on midi tracks :pray: (PLEASE!)

• Copy/paste/clear when viewing RAM to rearrange samples

• Upper/lowercase options when naming files

• Wider range on chromatic mode

Rename tracks on the master page

3 Likes

Prob not a bug but needs attention:

Press+turning or Func+turning a encoder have no consistence over the parameters… The way it behaviors now is kind of useless and it’s a important thing to work with start points, keep delay/LFOs synced, etc.

Personally I would like to see it working like:

• Press+turn encoder = integer values
  • Func+turn encoder = steps of 8 or other logical division of the range
3 Likes

IMHO the ideal behavior would be

• turn : integer values
  • press+turn : “default” values (-127/0/128)
  • func+turn : precise (=decimal) values

Don’t you think so ?

7 Likes

To reset to default values you already can press the encoder + NO.

Currently things work like:
Press+encoder = increments of 4
Func+encoder = end of scale on some parameters / does nothing on most of them

Also there’s encoder acceleration so you can actually dial big or small changes like you would do in a analog potentiometer, and this works great IMO. I never use press+turn encoder too cause I thinks it’s super hard to dial exact values. So I not speaking for myself when asking for integer increments, actually I couldn’t care less about it.

What I do care about is there are parameters that rely in certain values, namely certain powers of 2, so you can use some “meta” features like slicing. Same for all tempo related parameters.

Today I think no one actually uses Func+encoder (why the hell you would want to go like -64/0/+63?) and the current way it super boring to slice loops. Thats my point.

1 Like

I’m a fan of function encoder going to the extreme max into the positive/negative range and or zero.

Just noticed that delay time works with power of two :stuck_out_tongue:

Putting this again, just because this is very important for me and others:

MIDI LEARN

9 Likes

A modulation matrix like rytm has, to let user assign velocity or aftertouch (or even note number?) to parameters like sample slot, or filter cutoff. Couple this with the ability to disable velocity to volume, like rytm. Believe me the mod matrix in rytm completely expands the usability of rytm when sequencing from external sequencer

1 Like

Allow us to open existing samples in the sample editor. I got some samples that are very quiet and it’s a bit annoying having to go back to my computer to find that sample, normalise it, delete the one on the DT and re-uplaod the normalised sample. Please Elektron :sunglasses:

3 Likes