The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Charge a couple bucks or just use an api so users store their stuff on SoundCloud, Dropbox or Google drive and share a link

Sysex at least is negligible size for starters

I’ve got an app on Android called pocket band that is basically a daw and you can share songs with the community and collaborate tracks online easily, you get some free space and can buy more

I would like the function button to display pattern mutes instead of global mutes

1 Like

This is available in 1.03

2 Likes

Is it in the settings menu? to change it?

At present the headphone output can only be used to make music on the go. Would be useful if one could preview tracks through the headphone out.

3 Likes

And sounds&samples too!

1 Like

Or put a filter sticker in top of iT to dim the screen lights

Hold function, and tap bank twice. Mutes are now purple. Now press function and bank again to exit mute mode. Should be set to patten mute for quick muting. You’ll notice they’re purple while holding function.

4 Likes

Is it not possible to copy a midi track? not the actual sequence but the configuration with the values etc so that. Now it seems the only way to do that is by copy pasting all the configuration pages for midi since you cant export a midi “sound” either…

1 Like

the volume control is for both outputs though so i think they are physically wired together

hm…I don’t know if it was a good idea to give up the good old project-pattern-kit-structure. I admit that I struggle with this ‘all-in-one-pattern’, i.e. where can I find an indication which (+drive-stored) SOUND is currently playing on the track.

Until OB or any sysex is ready - has anybody got an idea how to tranfer a pattern from one project into another?

Thats great. Thanks. I’m holding off on 1.03 because of the saving bugs but look forward to using that feature in the future.

1 Like

THIS!

I would like to fill up trigs 9 to 16 with my own samples.

4 Likes

real time update of screen parameters .

i.e
i put an lfo onto filter frequency and if i’m on that page i can see it move up and down.
i put lfo on pan , and i can see it move / sweep / jitter about.
value readout showing current value of lfo ?

it moves if i use external controller, hopefully it could move using an internal modulation.

6 Likes

independent ‘pattern’ saving to help setup defaults for external gear.

i.e
i currently setup a pattern to control my ju-06
this involves midi channel , 8 x cc’s for my fave parameters , pitch bend etc.

i could do this for any of my 100’s of synths and choose from a pattern/midi setup list when setting up a new project based on the synths i want to use.

at the moment , unless i have missed it, i’d need to setup that each time , unless i use a pre-existing project with the same synth layout.

i’m sure most of the functionality is there in some form and needs a bit of ‘code magic’ to store midi based parameters instead of the internal settings when saving a sound.
it could go into a ‘synth pool’ instead of sound pool.

3 Likes

long filenames on samples should start to scroll left if selected for a short period of time.
i’d then be able to read the rest of the filename.

this would save me needing to rename them all by hand once they’re on digitakt and i use them.
wouldnt be needed if i prepared things properly :slight_smile:

scrolling would happen on all menus which display sample name or any name on any project/pattern/sound /sample
scroll delay / speed could be user definable
same with other UI timeout values (turn knob , display value , turns back to knob heading display) could be defined too.

6 Likes

MIDI note offsets should work in Live record mode -wanna hear that lovely chord as we play - pretty sure that old glorious silver bastaard the MnM did this way back in the dawn of time. So come on @Elektron dust off your retrofit guy and put him to work on the shiny new toy.

is there a hardware reason for the 32 second sampling time limit?
id really like to see that extended, even to 1 minute. I sample my synth n guitar lines in n they’re pretty much always at least 8 bars, sometimes 16. it’s a bit limiting.

Option / on screen prompt to re import samples into a project if they’ve changed / removed from the+ drive.

Or sample can’t be found and prompts to replace or zero it

Ability to audition sample live before adding to project.
So I could setup some beats , then go through the 100s of snares while the pattern is playing and only impot theone I like while it’s triggered / glitches / whatever the pattern is doing. It would effectively either inherit playback from selected pattern or chosen sample slot

Get rid of sample import to project and dynamically do it in the background so I just use what I want ( I can’t see this being considered )

Fx / filter settings that are defined in a list and can be recalled similar to plocking a sample on a step
I.e effect setting slots using same menu system as other areas.
Hold step- scroll down a sub menu to ’ dubbly delay,

I appreciate fx are quite simple and this is overkill.

use the pads to input numbers when renaming/creating dir , etc etc.

1-9 is obvious.
maybe use 10 as zero.

ability to do upper and lower case lettering.
ive only seen them on imported sample names and havent noticed how to select them creating on the device.
use the page button to toggle between upper/lower ?

2 Likes