The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Only thing I would like to change is the bit reduction needs to sound a little more like sample rate and bit rate reduction instead of basically distortion. I wish it had more of an sp1200 s950 sound with reducing a sample instead of just crushing it like digital distortion.

10 Likes

I Second that

1 Like

Even if only on the master bus (if cpu canā€™t deal with it on separate tracks) if they nailed some of the parameters/vibe/flexibility of D16 Decimort 2 that would be pretty specialā€¦

1 Like

Double tap sould do it.

Arpeggiator for the midi tracks!! PLEASE

9 Likes

being this things digital I can wish for anything I want

OPEN SOURCE IT! or at least an api so the community can build and contribute features

i want to draw (insert anything) on the screen like an etch a sketch or a spirograph

draw sequences, draw an lfo, draw a wave

for steps, patterns, tracks and master

p-locks sort of do this already just not in a graphical visual representation

4 Likes

yep, elektron app store, give devs another platform and you keep %30

today i noticed when you hit your page buttons the display changes from name to value, could have another view that shows you the midi cc values for the various parameters right on the oled so you donā€™t have to look them up in the manual every time

re: midi sequencer, on the beatstep when you turn encoders it plays the note so you can hear what youā€™re on, that would be nice, might not want it for live performance so maybe be an option in the settings

re: encoders, also something iā€™m used to on the beatstep pro, if you press an encoder it displays the current value thatā€™s handy

re: would be nice on midi tracks to set destination to internal audio tracks so we donā€™t have to run a midi cable back into itself

1 Like

Global ā€˜Kitsā€™ memory bankā€¦ Want to grab a DT primarily for beats so I can free up tracks on OT. But if Iā€™m grabbing something focused on drums I want it to be fast for browsing/auditioning/loading/switching full kitsā€¦

Iā€™ve used Geist/Push in Daw occasionally in past and its super fast for this side of things. Ideally Iā€™d like that kind of convenience/speed in a hardware drum machine (any suggestions? Is Es2 fast in this area? Also considered MPC live but not really digging it in its current state.). From what Iā€™ve seen browsing/loading is quite similar to OT, which is kind of slow for full drum kits when sifting through samples and assigning.

The ability/option to audition kits in context too. So you hear your pattern with the highlighted kit while browsing.

These feel like pretty obvious features to put in a 2017 drum machine so hopefully they add them soon and Iā€™ll cop one.

Edit - Op1 also handles the Kits side of things nicely (save/browse/audition in context etc) but doesnā€™t have the flexibility/depth elsewhere (for example canā€™t switch out individual sounds without workaround) that Iā€™d like in a dedicated drum machineā€¦ Always something missing with hardware :wink:

2 Likes

it would be cool to load samples from the +Drive directly to a pad and not first into the bufferā€¦ this would enhance the usability so muchā€¦

thanks

1 Like

That would mean you have 126 + 2048 samples you can load in one project. 64MB wonā€™t be enough. But it would be nice to have that option like on the A4/AK. They can lock any sound from the +Drive to a trig I read here somewhere. To me its not more than logical we should be able to load as many samples as the RAM can hold, not some 127 slot limit.

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely missing sound locks :frowning:

On the AK / AR, you can create sound locks from the Sound Pool, which is limited to 128 entries per project.

I know that. I was responding to HOOOPS. On the AK/A4 you can also lock sounds from the +Drive. But I guess it is possible there cuz those are patches in reality and not samples. A patch uses little to no RAM.

Are you sure about that? I donā€™t believe sound locks are possible on the DT. At least, I couldnā€™t figure out how. And thereā€™s no mention in the manual.

Sorry, was referring to the AK/AR - the comment indicated that itā€™s possible to lock > 128 patches, but I think they come from the sound pool :

10.1 THE +DRIVE SOUND LIBRARY AND THE SOUND POOL
Sounds can be loaded to a kit from either the +Drive Sound library or the Sound pool of the active project.
The +Drive Sound library has the capacity of 4096 Sounds, available to all projects. The Sound pool is a
part of a project and can contain up to 128 Sounds. The major benefit of Sounds loaded to the Sound pool
is the possibility for them to be Sound locked. This feature is not available for the Sounds in the +Drive
Sound library. Read more about Sound locking in the section ā€œ11.10.2 SOUND LOCKSā€ on page 44.

1 Like

You can p-lock any sample from the 127 samples on any step on any track. But itā€™s not the same as locking sounds from the +Drive. I think itā€™s possible on the AK/A4 because those arenā€™t samples but patches. Donā€™t think the DT can handle it, but it would be nice to have and fill up the RAM when the 127 slots didnā€™t fill it completely.

I just want sound locks for locking the same sample, but with different start points. Obviously, you can just lock the start point, but it would more convenient to save each start point as a sound and be able to lock them. Or, if you could audition start point p-locks that would be good too!

2 Likes

Itā€™s a sampler, if Elektron adds anything it ā€œshouldā€ be sample chain/slice support. Which would be the best solution I think. It might be easier to add than pulling samples from a different source and load them in the RAM on the fly.

2 Likes

it could work like that:

1. i have a sample loaded on pad 1 (Kick909) or an empty slot
  2. i go to load new sample which gets me to the samples folder of +drive
  3. preview the samples of the +drive
  4. select the one which you like to put on pad 1
  5. load the sample directly to pad 1 (HiHat 808)

that will replace the original sample which was loaded before
or if you ar not using 128 sounds it will add it to you project