The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I think the way the DT works it’s not feasible to do it. It means it has to pull the sound from the +Drive and load into the RAM and do the same with every sound you want to use for the +Drive. Might be harder to implement. But I dunno really. Personally I rather see chain/slice support than sound locking stuff from the +Drive. We’re limited to the 64MB anyways. No matter where you load the sounds from.

1 Like

you still only use 64 mb
you load it directly to the project on a pad…
and it will get to the ram at the same time

the current workflow is very slow for me and
70% of the time i am handling with the project management

On A4 unless I’m missing something when I double tap the track button I get access to all banks and I can sound lock a sound that I do not have in my pool.
I dunno if it gets automatically uploaded to the pool or what but I’m pretty sure when I tested it i did not have the specific sound in the actual pool.
I’ll give it a good test tonight.

slicing would be ideal for my needs in this regard.

1 Like

I really hope for real time TimeStretch. For some reason this feature is almost essential to a sampler in my view.

Certainly, but maybe there is a way to get that “direct stream” somehow :slight_smile:

By Sound Lock I mean locking a Trig to a completely different sound than that currently loaded to the track ?

Yes, and it is a sound that is not even in the sound pool. +Drive on banks. But that’s A4.

***EDIT
As explained down this thread this is wrong.
Sound locks can only be triggered from the sound pool.
You can load sound to the track from +Drive.

2 Likes

This sounds great (and contradicts my understanding / the manual extract) !

My workflow (AK, drums on a single track) is similar to what I’ve seen Cuckoo perform in his tutorials - that is, Sound Manager, ticking sounds you want, Copy To Pool. Then when you want to select a sound per step, you hold the Trig down and turn the wheel (which displays the 128 slots of the Sound Pool)

Maybe you are right…
I know I can access sounds from +Drive but now that I am thinking I’m not sure if I can sound lock them per TRIG.
Load to the track for sure.
I need to test this. I’m only using A4 for few days so my error is highly possible :slight_smile:

If there is a way to do this, I couldn’t figure it out. And I tried everything I think. Used this a lot on the AR.

Started a separate thread about this a couple days ago

Sound locks on A4/AR are only available from the sound pool. You can load the sounds straight from the plus drive to a kit, but to sound lock per step it must be in the sound pool… DT has sounds but no sound pool… So no sound locks, just sample locks… Perhaps they will come…

5 Likes

Thx for the explanation.
Makes sense.
Elektron terminology is quite complicated at first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No Digitakt here (maybe soon… ? ) :slight_smile:

Sample locks, yeah. This is the same as the OT in that regard (though that has Static and Flex lists).

I hope they add some cool new ways of getting access to whole sounds in the DT soon…

Just for some clarification I thought I’d mention that sound locks are nice because they are a complete package of sample selection plus all track settings that define the sound and make sure it plays the same no matter what trig and what track it is locked to. Sample locks are sweet and useful but not quite the same. When you lock a sample to a trig on a track it is going to sound very different depending on track settings, in particular sample start, len, tun, play direction, amp, filter… If you lock different samples on different trigs of a track, they will all go through the same track settings so have the same sample start point, tune, etc…
So for example if you had a long sample that you turned into a tuned drum sound using src1 and amp settings, if you sample locked the sample on a track with default settings, it will play your long sample at default tuning and not your drum sound. If you could sound lock it, it would play your tuned drum sound.
Of course you could plock all these settings per step on top of your sample lock but this isn’t so easy or quick.
With sound locks you can just lock the sounds anywhere and they will play back the same no matter where you put them. Tons of neat stuff you can do with sample locks, but totally different… Seeing how the DT has sounds, I think sound locks might come, but that’s just a guess…

2 Likes

kind of a work around currently but you can save the full sample and then re sample it later and chop it up then and delete the full sample once you are done with it.

1 Like

on all envelopes, and the lfo which is an envelope too…

exponential and logarithmic curves!

so you can make anything plucky or drippy

2 Likes

When saving samples and renaming them, could we implement a last sample name feature?

So if I sample a bunch of audio and then name it: Depeche1 and then save it…

When I go back to chopping the audio and saving my 2nd sample it is already named Depeche1 and I just need to change the 1 to a 2 or whatever…

Would really speed up cataloguing.

3 Likes

Hint I learned from @Bobeats: after you enter “Depeche” hit [FUNC]+[COPY]… then you can [FUNC]+[PASTE] when you do the second one, and just enter the “2”.

15 Likes

Whaaaaat really? That’s awesome. Going to try it! Thanks k

1 Like