The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

True. I’m used to it now, but the way pages switch is indeed a bit quirky. I’ve reported this to Elektron some time ago. Sometimes you even see it switch to the right page for a split second only to then switch to the second page. Very odd. In my opinion it should just remember the last page you were on, problem solved. If they can implement it in that way I would definitely prefer a second page with base width.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m experiencing the exact same thing @DaveMech! On the Octatrack, toggling between pages 1/2 and 2/2 works perfectly, no weird and random page jump. Something I like about the OT is that when you toggle to page 2/2, you’re toggling to page 2/2 on all the page buttons. So if I’m on, say, the amp 2/2 page, pressing the LFO page will switch to the 2/2 LFO page. This makes it a lot easier to keep track of where I am in the menus, since I don’t have to remember if I’m on page 1/2 or 2/2 for each individual parameter page. It also helps that all the 2/2 pages have this white border that the 1/2 pages don’t have.

2 Likes

Yeah indeed. The implementation on octa is nice!
Not sure if that will translate well to DT as octa has second pages for every parameter page which are decoupled from parameter locks etc. That’s why they are setup pages rather than paramater pages I guess.

Either way currently it’s a bit strange and buggy. I’ll report this one again as I can imagine it has been snowed under because of the many new implemented things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah that’s true. The 2nd pages on the OT are setup pages and not p-lockable, and the DT doesn’t have a 2nd page on every parameter page.

I hope the buggy page switching gets fixed in the next update!

2 Likes

Out of all my feature request (which aren’t that many or that outlandish imho) this one is probably the one I’m less hopeful about. I think drawing the sample waveform in real time probably takes a lot of CPU - But if it were possible, it would be easy to implement interface-wise, using FUNC+Encoders.

I love the Trig + Yes preview of a trig. But do have the feeling they forgot about a important thing with this. You can’t trig preview a trig with a Retrig on it. So that’s my current top wish!

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind if it comes, but if it does, how do you hope that it will improve your workflow or improve your ability to get the sounds that you want from your samples? Hoping your answers will be very specific in regards to how this feature will help you, keeping in mind the Digitakt workflow differences to something like an MPC in regards to sample chain handling and slicing.

While fiddle with the new features I noticed something else I would have liked. On the new Step record mode I can’t see the selected note value of the selected step. This would be nice to quickly know. It could be easily done by showing the parameter lock of the step on the current note. Or when you press the FUNC button you see the highlighted note.

Simple, no more clicks while loopimg

1 Like

Clicking because your start/end positions aren’t exactly where they should be? If the resolution of the markers isn’t increased, zooming won’t help with that. You just need to adjust your marker positions by ear to not hear clicks. The resolution is already very high, so you can get your marker points exactly where they should be for looping samples in my experience. Just tap the trig rapidly or use trig preview for p-locked trigs while you adjust the start/end/loop points and dial it in.

2 Likes

I like to make beats from found sound and weird samples. I simply don’t want to have to edit them before I throw them into digitakt. I want to be able to precisely zoom into a start/end point…esp when sample is in fwd/rev loop mode. And finally…just for my eyes!! So I can see the wav image properly - which is v hard on a long sample!! The code is there.

7 Likes

I want to repeat a wish I already wrote about because we’ll, I’d love that :blush:

I wish one could loop one of the 4 pages for the sequencer.

At least when in step edit mode, and when live recording, so I can tap that sbare unquantized, listen to the result and start over as many times as necessary without listen to the whole thing, or set some Plocks and listen I the context of one bar which is often enough.

Better even would be if I could do that as a performance trick. Would open a world of variations.

2 Likes

Zooming to set sample start precisely, or end, or loop, would be so useful especially of course for long samples!

2 Likes

Save Trig as Sound.
You can spend a while p-locking an individual trig but end up with a sound you’ll want to reuse. Would be great if we could copy-paste the trig into the Sound Manager to save it.

12 Likes

Yes!

Agree it would be nice to have it the way you have it on the sampler but with the addition of the trig preview you can now hear it so that equalizes it for me.
I guess in my case listen>see

Same!

Sure, I understand what you’re saying, but I think it’s easier to just use your ears! I don’t really ever use the current waveform view, I just stay in the standard view and tap the trig quickly as I scrub through the sample with the start point. I use weird long samples pulled from movies, long chains of dialogue I’ve recorded from family, etc, and I don’t even think the waveform view adds anything particularly useful when working with the Digitakt when it’s so fast to just work by ear. I have serious doubt that they will add a zoom, and I don’t really see how it could be done without adding a third page, making the workflow much clunkier.

We will see, but I think it would be better to let this one go and get really fast and fluid with the current workflow. I support a lot of these feature requests, but I just don’t see what zoom could add in the Digitakt.

Actually, before trig preview was added, I thought it was potentially in the pipeline for the Digitakt since it could have made editing the start points for p-locked trigs much easier, but with trig preview now implemented, zoom seems to have lost most of the value it would have brought.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be a great addidtion. In this post I also have a suggested implementation for it: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

If it works for you currently, great.

For me (and others) the ability to trim/chop/save multiple samples from a long sample thrown in would be cool. How do you do that currently? Load/copy the same sample 8 times…or chop it beforehand…which makes it all pretty pointless. I guess if it’s something you’re not into, then no problem…just move on innit. I’m not trying to convince you man.

All about different workflow for diff peeps…didn’t realise there was a request gatekeeper.

Peace.

2 Likes