The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

No doubt this has been requested before but please add stereo monitoring. My Digitakt arrives tomorrow and I am bummed I can’t run my Digitone into it and use the master compressor on the whole mix.

5 Likes

You can merge the DT Midi Thru with the Out to have these passed through. I wish Elektron would make it pass through by default though without this workaround.

STEREO MONITORING would be rad.

8 Likes

DT TRIG LEDs.

I think Elektron could do a great deal more with the visual feedback potential of the TRIG lights.

It would improve the DT immeasurably if a TRIG with a PARAMETER LOCK had a different colour/tonalilty to a normal TRIG (red) and similarly a different colour is registered when a CONDITIONAL TRIG is active. Presumably there is whole spectrum of RGB values that could be used in these contexts. Furthermore a different colour could be deployed for a SOUND LOCK.

My proposal is RED for a GENERIC TRIG (as present)
ORANGE for a PARAMETER LOCK
YELLOW for a TRIGLESS TRIG (as present)
PALE PINK for a CONDITIONAL TRIG
BROWN for a SOUND LOCK

This has great potential and presumably would be supported by RGB LED hardware in the DT.

While we are about it holding the TRACK button should indicate which tracks have TRIGS and which are EMPTY much as the PATTERN button presently operates (DT 1.11).

Simple!

8 Likes

nudge a sequence per track forward or backward a step.

tis annoying when you record a nice riff but it starts on like step 9 or something. i know you can copy whole pages etc but it’s fiddly, complicated, and doesnt always work as expected

1 Like

When you’re in recording mode, press FUNC + L/R to nudge your whole programmed sequence by 16th steps. Pretty convenient.
It gets fiddly when you need to microtime the whole thing though, haha.

5 Likes

brilliant, thank you! thought i knew most of the digi tricks by now

Classic, nothing more fun for me than seeing a feature request granted the instant it’s made. Happens fairly often in this thread.

1 Like

You can do this already: FUNC+left or right arrows while in Grid Rec Mode

2 Likes

Are all trigs in a track moved one whole step, regardless of their microtimed position?, also what was it you found fiddly about the microtiming?, thanks.

All trigs are moved along with their dedicated microtiming, yeah.

Uhm it was a bit of a joke with the microtime-movement, because there‘s no button combination to move the whole sequence by microsteps. I‘ve had some funny occasions where I was finetuning one whole track and had to apply the same microtiming on all of the trigs.

2 Likes

A pattern managing software, so I can arrange all the patterns scattered over the banks to build a live set efficiently.

1 Like

Check this:

4 Likes

Maybe in the futur with a kind new mixer :3lektron:
i hope so much :3lektron:

Great idea !!!

Hello
icon_boire

I see the Analog Heat recently got class compliant USB Audio. That would be a great thing to have for the DT, especially for the poor souls who can’t use Overbridge (because no linux support).

6 Likes

+1 for class compliant USB Audio

5 Likes

Song mode or Chain save - PLEASE
Equaliser on second filter screen - PLEASE
In screen SRC zoom for sample curve like in record mode
Audio in level controling on Master Volume screen
More Midi CC pages
Name chages for midi CC values
Midi thrue change to second midi OUT in setup options

Hello,
Is it possible to set given track to “static” mode. If the given pattern is active when I press play, everything plays normally. However if the sequencer is already playing and I switch to the pattern with “static” track, its sound is not updated. It would work as if the given track was an external instrument.
It would allow me to change note pattern without resetting the sound. Useful if I tweak the sound live and don’t want to reset it with the pattern change.

Another idea:
Could we have “chain links” per pattern? For every pattern we could define number how many times it plays and then it would switch to “linked” pattern. Eg. “ChLk (2) 13” would mean “play this pattern two times and switch to pattern no.13”
This way we could build many short chains.
If this was saved with the pattern it would be helpful.

3 Likes

Chain links per pattern is a great idea. +1 for that! As long as we can also save them on power down of course :wink:

2 Likes