The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

FM instead of that bit reduction that sounds terrible imo.

1 Like

Direct audio loopback when used as an interface. Sometimes I just want a stereo sample directly into Ableton instead of going through DT then into Live. This also avoids having to use another external application to do so.

Completely agree. Should have been used for something else. Itā€™s the only thing on the DT that will NEVER get used in my studio. If I want things to sound bad, there are many better optionsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve used the DT bit-reduction to great effect many times. Glad itā€™s there, please donā€™t remove it Elektron.

5 Likes

donā€™t worry. they wonā€™tā€¦

2 Likes

Minor cosmetic, in the mixer page, add the track number:

1.KCK 2.SNR 3.TOM 4.CLP
5.CWB 6.CHH 7.OHH 8.CMB

For a better indication when you donā€™t use the pre-labeled sounds for those tracks.

Might be extended with some other modulation options besides volume pressing up/down.

1 Like

I find it (most) useful in two scenarios - subtle for pads or melodic sounds - it adds a bit of texture, widens the sound somewhatā€¦
and for hihats - specially when playing live, using high values, it can really shape them into something interestingā€¦ imho

I would remove the name all together, and just use the track number, kinda like a real mixing board.

7 Likes

record trigs as fill trigs when latched in fill mode

I did proposed the same on Muff Wigglers, but some actually did use the name too for identification. At least the first four tracks.
Thatā€™s why I did add the names together with the numbers, not to loose both functionality and make more people happy.

You have to use the Low-Pass Filter if you want to use the Bit Reduction in an audible manner.

Iā€™m also not a big fan of the bit reduction when used as a static value. But adding it via the lfo in a rhythmic way to add pseudo hi hats or via trigless locks to emphasize a sound every now and then can get some great results.

7 Likes

I agree. When use with other parameters, it becomes something else than just harsh noise. Also, you donā€™t have to use it to max values. Sometimes, subtle Bit Reduction makes a big difference in the Mix.

5 Likes

edit: Responding to Yann27 saying the bit-reduction is a useless effect in their now-deleted post.

Well, itā€™s not useless because Iā€™ve gotten great results out of it, so I think itā€™s much more accurate to say you havenā€™t found how to use it to good effect yet. You donā€™t just turn it up on a sample and expect it to sound good. Gradually increasing the amount or setting an LFO to modulate it on certain types of percussion and especially vocal samples is really nice, Elektron included it for a reason. They are very experienced instrument designers, and they didnā€™t take the time to program an effect that sucks and is useless. Try using it in different ways than you have previously, and get creative with it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s been a while, but I wanted to let you know I tried it out and it works great! I still wish this could just be part of the normal sample audition setup, but at least now I have a good way to audition waveforms without loading a million of them onto my project.

1 Like

Oh and while Iā€™m here, another one thatā€™s a big deal for me: I really wish the Digitakt werenā€™t so stingy when it comes to how far you can pitch up/down your samples. This makes it really awkward when Iā€™m playing a melody at the upper or lower register of the +/- 24-step range it gives you and I end up needing to play a note it simply canā€™t give me. I know I could theoretically just resample at a higher rate and go from there, but seriously this feels like a bit of an artificial limitation.

4 Likes

Ok got another oneā€¦ i donā€™t understand why only the source button has 2 pages
all other buttons could have had a 2nd page also at least a 2nd page
Example for the Amp page instead of the over drive i would replace that with an amp release
and the hold would become The decay And the decay would be sustain so u have like an ADSR instead what it is now on the 2nd page you could have like a basic 3band eq like the EQ THREE in Liveā€¦ the ā€œpressing knobsā€ could be like a killswitch for an eq Band and then u still would have 2 knobs over for the overdrive and (FM :smiley: FM on samples is the SHIIIIIIIIITā€¦) or something else, or you could make the overdrive knob when pressed switch to FM in stead or both whatever would be convenient for usersā€¦ ( Dudes this is a request thread, not a discussion thread )

Actually, itā€™s a discussion of user request. Not an official request thread. Official request to elektron go through the official request email on the elektron website. There is no evidence that elektron employees even monitor this thread.

3 Likes

Plus unload all non-used samples from a project.

1 Like

You can find and remove unused sample pool and sound pool items now with elk-herd. See the Beta 1 announcement thread for how to videos and links.

Finding samples in the +Drive that are not used in any project is a much more difficult proposition: At present there is no way for software to pull the projects in the +Driv, only the current project.

3 Likes