The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

:100:

39f9o0

Arpeggiator

:elan:

1 Like

Why not just program the arpeggios you want, or play them in live record mode and quantize if you want that arpeggiator feel? You have a full blown sequencerā€¦ any arpeggio you can imagine is at your fingertips.

1 Like

Can you transpose a sequence on the Digitakt the way you can with an Arp?

1 Like

Good point, I just use the arpeggiators on my synths for that kind of arping if Iā€™m wanting to transpose. Otherwise I just sequence whatever notes. I get so used to the nanoloop sequencer being able to transpose whole sequences that itā€™s really missed on the DT. If they add the ability to transpose a whole track, then Iā€™d say an arpeggiator isnā€™t really necessary. It would be cool if they added it though.

Programming: because it takes ages and is virtually impossible to capture what you WOULD play whilst messing around with an arpeggiator.

Last time I checked the DT has a one octave Keyboard, hardly condusive to playing arpeggios. And most of us arenā€™t Chopin either.

1 Like

Iā€™ve come around actually, I want an arpeggiator in the DT! Iā€™ve got a keyboard hooked up to the DT so programming is much nicer but yeah youā€™re right that arp would rule.

2 Likes

Simple EQ

9 Likes

After using the DT for a bit now, Iā€™d love it if they added:
BandPass Filter, Notch Filter, 4 Band EQ, Automatic/Lockable Re-Trigger Mode
(auto re-trigs when you hold button, for live performance - *M:S has this so I know Elektron can do it)

just my thoughts.

10 Likes

Iā€™d like different attack curves on the Amp page.

6 Likes

It would be really nice if on the parameters that only have a few values (i.e., filter type) if the corresponding knob range was set to a wider sweep, just so itā€™s not so finicky going btwn them.
(i.e., if there are 3 settings, then they would be at the far left - middle - far right positions.)

Or alternately, if you could have an option to choose either the acceleration sensitivity/type (algorithmic, exponential, etc.) to refine the knob behavior in the settings.

Just ideas, not complaints.

4 Likes

Excellent idea! Sometimes it is so hard to get to low pass in that moment when you arenā€™t chill enough to finesse the knob.

1 Like

I didnā€™t find this feature requested in previous posts, maybe someone named it differently.
I would love to see it in DT MS and OT: browsing the patterns through names.
If i forget to note the number of pattern in the daw, i lose so much time to find it.

Or someone has a recipe for that?

Probably creating a project per song would be some kind of solution, but it wouldnā€™t work for me.

forth option to play sample in loop mode that forward and reverse, for/rev/for/revā€¦
And maybe a single for/rev.

2 Likes

Can you not plock the loop mode, maybe with a trig condition or two to say when to switch back and forth? Dunno if itā€™ll work, just thinking out loud :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wonā€™t apply for very short sample

Building off of this why not exponential or linear (or even log?) on attack, decay and release?

Bandpass (and Notch) filter would be nice, does seem odd they couldnā€™t do this with current CPU.

The retrig is kind of buried but what button to use for it (AR for example has a dedicated button)?

My biggest wish is still better sample managementā€¦ delete all unused, at least!

3 Likes

Ah yes, good point

I think the biggest oversight for both DT and DN is not being able to save pattern chains within a project. Whatā€™s the point of having them if they are lost the moment you power down?

Every live performance needs a kind of cheat sheet in order to remember chained patterns before starting it off. So frustrating. Iā€™d go so far as to say itā€™s a bug not a feature request. Grr

3 Likes

Check out this, which is being put together by a fellow forum member:

Should satisfy any sample / project management gripes :slight_smile:

3 Likes